Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man: The Toys  (Read 14878 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: The Toys
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 11:50 AM »
saw a couple of cases of these now - I guess all of my stores in my area are getting the cases with no Ultra Articulated Spiderman or Lizard.  I am only kind of interested in the articulated Spiderman

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16 PM »
I saw the SA Spidey at Walmart today...yuck

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04 AM »
I've seen probably over 100 of the new Spider Man figures this week... about a dozen combined of Green Goblin and Doc Octopus... none of that Lizard though.

Ok, I guess all I had been seeing were new comic/animated looking stuff, but yesterday at Target, they had movie/realistic looking figures... $9.99 is ridiculous, but I saw a Lizard and bought him.  Seriously awesome sculpt... I bought it for a custom Noghri or Barabel from Star Wars.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:05 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02 PM »
I was checking stores for the Spidey stuff today, and Target is the only one in our area that had the actual figures out.  I picked up the Ultra Poseable Spidey and the Lizard.  I don't recall seeing any of the other villains (the comic Ock, Goblin, or Venom), and the rest were different versions of Spideys (most, if not all, movie).  Also grabbed the SHS pack with Gwen Stacy in it - now if we could only get a 3 3/4" or 6" version of the character.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I just got the Lizard and super-articulated Spider-Man from a fellow collector.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 1, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I saw the SA Spidey at Walmart today...yuck

Yeah, I was not liking it.  The soles of the boots looked like sneaker treads, or like he was using webbing to make his feet stick to surfaces.  This line will be a VERY easy pass for me. 

I'm just kind of miffed that shelf space that this line is using might be better used for Star Wars or the Avengers line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2012, 02:14 AM »
These are hitting more stores in my area, though oddly enough none of them are getting cases of the movie figures.

Stopped by a TRU and took advantage of their BOGO sale to snag a Goblin and Doc Ock, then found a Venom at Wal-Mart on the way home.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Saw these today for the first time including Ock, Goblin and Venom.  Price is $10.74 at Wallyworld.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2012, 02:35 PM »
I saw these at a couple WMs at all the Targets this weekend too (after first spotting them at Target last week).  At least here, it seems like WM has the "comic" wave, and Target has the movie stuff.  I haven't seen Ock, Goblin, or Venom at Target at all - and I haven't seen the Lizard, Superposeable Spidey, etc. at WM at all.  Might just be a coincidence, or its too early to tell.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 4, 2012, 02:49 PM »
It is the exact opposite for me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Saw the Lizard this morning and almost grabbed him - was thinking about getting just the two Movie Series figures - Super Poseable Spiderman and Lizard, but decided against it. Probably going to regret it later, but oh well...

Part of the deciding factor was being on the phone with a collector contact who was in at Disney Studios trying to score me a couple more droids and learning that the cost of every two droids I want made just went up by $5.  :-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I was somewhat surprised, checking our local Target that had stocked these last week, and they had sold through the basic figures down to just four remaining.  At $10 a pop, I thought that was a little surprising.  The store was restocked again today though.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 7, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Caved and snagged the SA Spidey today at Target. At least I'm finished with this line unless they start making more comic villains
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: September 6, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Found the Walmart wave this morning with movie spidey, lizard, and miles. Looked like a 3 2 1 case with Lizard being the short pack. Picked up Lizard just for the extra mini lizards and Miles.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Hasbro isn't just clueless with it's "realistic" collection offerings.  I have been buying my son the Marvel Superhero Adventures packs.  They have a really nice array of Spidey villains, but it seems like they all come with one villain, one Spidey, and all the Spideys are the same!  I don't need an army of them!  At least offer Spidey in some sort of alternative outfit or something.