Author Topic: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29 PM »
This post actually made me realize that there's no figure line based on the upcoming X-Men movie.  That's actually something of a big deal.

Was there one for X-Men: First Class either? I know there were X-Men: First Class/Wolverine: First Class Comic 2-packs released by Hasbro but they had nothing to do with the movie.

Maybe Hasbro doesn't view the X-Men movies as kid-friendly as the other Marvel stuff...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2014, 07:20 PM »
The standalone Wolverine movies had at least something in terms of figure offerings.  The first Wolverine movie's figure line was more wide ranging.  The second one, not so much.

Even the third X-Men movie, The Last Stand, didn't have much of a toy line.  But I do seem to recall a Juggernaut and Jean Grey from that movie that made their way into the Marvel Legends line.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Yeah - the figure line for X-Men Origins: Wolverine at least had a couple of figures (Logan, Sabertooth & Deadpool) that were based on the movie - but a lot of that line was comics-based. I also believe that was Hasbro's inaugural 3.75" Marvel line.

For The Wolverine - they had that pitiful line that were 100% comics based - none of them had any basis on the movie itself, it seemed like that line just tried to capitalize on the movie being in theaters.

I find it very odd that Thor: The Dark World can have a bigger toy line than ANY X-Men movie - maybe it's a "sign of the times" kind of thing or maybe it has something to do with licensing contracts and film rights and whatnot. Maybe Hasbro has the license to make figures from Disney/Marvel and Sony produced Marvel movies but not 20th Century Fox ones...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Dude, it's not Hasbro's job to pay attention to consumer demand or produce figures that you want.  It's their job to uhhh...what were we talking about? 
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Looks like there may be an (as of yet) unannounced wave of Legends on the way, with an X-Men theme:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17506

The scan shows Stryfe, Magneto, Cyclops (Marvel NOW), Storm (Marvel NOW) and an unmasked Wolverine, with a Build a Figure Jubilee (which was shown earlier with a different wave, that was never released).

Looks like these have been confirmed by Hasbro as a TRU Exclusive Wave.

Sort of fits in with what they did for Xmen: First Class - new X-men toys in stores for movie's release, but not necessarily based on the movie.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Its a weak wave in my book, want Jubilee but not much else.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Easy pass on all of them.   :P
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05 PM »
So, looking at the Marvel Legends revealed at SDCC (most of which are on the way next year I believe):

Marvel Legends Avengers Wave 1 - Odin/King Thor Build a Figure
Scarlet Witch
Machine Man
Hawkeye/Iron Fist (running change)
Captain Marvel
Thor
Sentry

Marvel Legends Avengers Wave 2 - Thanos Build a Figure
Spider-Woman
Hellcat

Marvel Legends Spider-Man - Hobgoblin Build a Figure
Comic Spider-Man
Spider-Girl
Spider-Man 2099

Other Legends (Exclusives, Retailer Unknown)

SHIELD Movie 3 Pack (Agent Coulson, Agent Hill, Nick Fury)
Guardians Comic 5 Pack - 2015 (Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Drax)
Target 3 Pack (Ultimate Cap, Ms. Marvel, Radioactive Man)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:06 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Every year I say I am done and they pull me back in.  :-\ Finally a Thanos.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2014, 08:49 PM »
I can't wait for the SHIELD Movie set. I can't believe we're getting a Coulson!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #160 on: August 4, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Was a bit busy at work and missed out on the ML exclusive. oh well…I am trying to stop buying anyway.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 4, 2014, 08:44 PM »
I missed the exclusive as well, kinda bummed.  I really want that comic Star-Lord (although it is supposed to be coming next year as well in that 5 pack mentioned at SDCC), and the Medusa as well.  I have the earlier Black Bolt, so not a huge deal there, but the others would have been nice too.  I keep checking hoping that it will come back in stock, but I'm not hopeful.  Honestly, this was the only exclusive I was really after this year.  I thought about Jabba (although missed that too of course), but I'm ok with the regular version as well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2014, 01:08 PM »
I picked up my first 6 inch figure today, Carnage from the ASM2 line. I had been debating buying some Marvel stuff to go along with the upcoming Batman: TAS line and finally found a Carnage on the pegs. I just hope this doesn't avalanche into me buying a bunch of the 6 inch Star Wars stuff.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2014, 10:20 AM »
I just hope this doesn't avalanche into me buying a bunch of the 6 inch Star Wars stuff.

Oh, it probably will.   ;)