Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 17420 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #315 on: April 1, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Most of the recent Marvel movies have offered up decent versions of the characters in Avengers - Age of Ultron in their respective figure lines.  There are versions of Black Widow, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Thor and War Machine (provided he plays a role in the film) that would all be reasonable figures to reissue if Hasbro had moved forward with a fully articulated 3.75" figure line.  And this new version of Iron Man is a good representation of the new Mark 43 armor.

So who does that leave?  Hawkeye (new look), Captain America (new uniform), Hulk (not done well previously), the twins, Ultron and the Vision.  All told, it wouldn't have been that crazy of a line to build had Hasbro pursued it.

I agree - would have been awesome to see them make a MCU Ultron in the Infinite line style...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2015, 03:13 AM »
Found a three pack of 5POA Age of Ultron figures today at Target - it contains:
  • Mark 43 Iron Man which a MUCH BETTER paint job than the single carded figure
  • "Busted Up" Ultron (from the trailer)
  • Ultron 2.0 with clear-red forearms

The Ultron 2.0 figure looks like it's the same mold as the single carded Ultron 2.0 figure that's coming out soon - only difference is the fact that the forearms are clear red.

Hopefully finding the Loki, Iron Legion, War Machine and Scarlet Witch figures from Wave 2 of the 5POA 3.75" line won't be hard to find in stores - I was thinking that the Ultron would be hard to get, but since I have this version from the 3-pack, I really don't care if I get the single carded version or not.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:13 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!