Author Topic: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel  (Read 35272 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 10:30 PM »
I was trying to track down a Star Wars Advent Calendar at TRU last night and they had a whole case of these. I bought three, one to open, one for my polybag collection and an extra in case anyone here needed one.

Nice score.  I think Dave is still looking for one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 10:57 AM »
Whoops, should have mentioned that was the Rocket Raccoon polybag. Unfortunately they had no Advent Calendars
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 07:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O422YCyzjs#t=10

UCS ? LEGOŽ Marvel Superheroes- The SHIELD Helicarrier 76042
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O422YCyzjs#t=10

UCS ? LEGOŽ Marvel Superheroes- The SHIELD Helicarrier 76042

Okay, that's cool.  I like the spinning turbines and the new landing strip pieces.  Not a big fan of mini build stuff in general, but then they had to go adding exclusive minifigs.  Ugh!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2015, 11:36 PM »
I really want that, but I still need to grab the Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, Slave I, Simpsons House, Batmobile Tumbler... :(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2015, 10:24 AM »
I really want that, but I still need to grab the Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, Slave I, Simpsons House, Batmobile Tumbler... :(

I have no attachment to Marvel thankfully but it does look cool.  I also need the Sandcrawler, Slave I, Simpsons House, Tumbler, and the Detective's Office. 

I may not be collecting much Hasbro SW these days but these things aren't cheap.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2015, 10:01 AM »
Some pretty cool sets revealed yesterday...for sure in on the Avengers and Ant Man sets

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2015, 03:24 PM »
That Avengers Tower set looks pretty cool.  Ant Man set is a cool concept too.  Wasn't overly impressed with what I saw of the rest.  I'm a little surprised to see them already rehashing Quinjets and Shield Trucks.  How about an Asgardian playset or Hall of Iron Man armor?  Iron Monger anyone?  Lots of set fodder beyond the same five sets over and over.   :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59 AM »
I'll probably pass on the movie sets but I liked what I saw from the Spidey comic stuff. Pretty pumped to be getting Carnage and Miles Morales in a $12.99 set, and Sandman and Green Goblin looked nice.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 02:05 AM »
Picked up three of the movie sets today - Hulk Buster Smash, Avengers Hydra Showdown and Hydra Fortress Smash.

The Toys R Us where I found them had all of the other sets as well, but I want to hold back on some sets until June pending the Winter Soldier polybag promo that is rumored to be coming...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 7, 2015, 06:06 PM »
If anybody's looking for some cheap Lego Marvel characters, check out kantrol84 on Ebay.  He's selling lots of 6-10 figures in various groupings across Marvel & DC characters and most of the auctions are <$1 per figure with free shipping.  I don't think these are official Lego, but about as close as you can get.  I was tempted by the old school Hawkeye and some Star Wars lots he had up, so ordered them a few weeks back.  They arrived yesterday and look pretty sweet.  Each figure comes in it's own sealed bag (similar to real lego sets) along with the pieces to make a little display stand.  Some of the figures even have a little angled shield section on their stand featuring the character logo. 

I was a little skeptical these would even arrive given the crazy low prices, but they're pretty cool.  Pieces match up exactly with Lego parts, but don't have the LEGO logo on the connector stubs.  I'll post some pictures of my own if anyone's interested.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the SHIELD Helicarrier along with all the stuff I'll need to add power functions to the model this past weekend when the double VIP points started. Should give me a nice discount on the UCS TIE that comes out in a month and a half.

Can't wait to get this behemoth and put it together.

I also picked up off of eBay the following older sets:
Wolverine's Chopper Showdown
Spider-Man's Doc Ock Ambush
Hulk Mini Figure Polybag
Iron Patriot Mini Figure Polybag
Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

I'm trying to score the SDCC Rocket Raccoon Warbird set, but so far no luck. I might pick up one of those parts sets with instructions and call it a day instead...

I'm trying to get down to just needing the sets that haven't been released yet AND the SDCC minifigures from 2012 (Black Suite Spider-man and Phoenix) and 2013 (Spider-Woman & Andrew Garfield Spider-Man) and the Iron Man/Captain American 2-pack from Toy Fair 2012. I'll probably never get those six mini-figures, but I'm okay with that, I can't justify dropping $200 for a single mini fig.  :(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 7, 2015, 10:29 AM »
Picked up a parts set for the SDCC Rocket Raccoon Warbird off Amazon. Nice little build - not sure if I'm going to pursue getting the "official" SDCC set or not. The parts set is all Lego pieces, so the only thing I don't have for the set is the official instruction book from Lego and the box. Not sure if those two things are worth $100+

To extend my Marvel Collection, I also started looking into the knock-off stuff out of China. While they do make sets and minifigures that are exact copies of stuff Lego makes, they also make stuff that Lego doesn't make (or at least hasn't made yet).

So far, I've gotten a set of 9 Iron Man minifigures and four "big" minifigures from a company called "Decool" - the big minifigures are great - Rhino, Venom, Juggernaut and Hulk Buster Iron Man. In the Iron Man 9 figure set, there were some pretty cool armor variations, including a really neat Mark I set of the armor.

Here's what the Hulkbuster Looks like:

and here's the Venom big minifig:

and here's a pic of the set of 9 Iron Man figures:

And then from another company called Shang Yuan (their stuff has an "SY" logo on it), I picked up this set of 8 Captain America minifigures:

Lastly, also from SY, I picked up these two Iron Man sets:

Prices are pretty cheap and if you're willing to wait 2 weeks for the stuff to come from China, you can find an eBay seller who will ship for free, which is pretty crazy when you think about it...

The "SY" company also has a pretty cool wave of 8 Spiderman figures that I'm thinking about getting, and their Groot mini-figure is pretty cool too since it's mini-figure sized (not outrageously large like the Lego version). On the Decool side they have a nice set of Fantasic Four minifigures AND Future Foundation variants that I'm keen to pick up, plus their Thing big minifig is pretty spot-on for matching the version of Thing shown in the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game.

So while I don't necessarily "condone" supporting bootlegs, if Lego were to come out with any of these minifigures or sets, I would gladly throw aside these in favor of having the real-deal.
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 01:39 AM »
Got my Throne of Ultron and Sam Wilson as Captain America SDCC Exclusives today. The Throne of Ultron set is pretty cool glad to have it in my collection. The Sam Wilson Captain America Mini-figure is really nice too. I'm looking forward to him being copied by the Chinese companies so I can have one to display w/o the clamshell packaging...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Picked up the Iron Skull Sub set this morning at my local Target. Had to ask for it using the DPCI number. I ran a couple other numbers when I was there and they had a few of the Batman v. Superman sets as well, I don't collect the DC Comics Lego stuff otherwise, I would have tried to grab them too.
Peter