Author Topic: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel  (Read 35273 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Makes Theirs Marvel
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 07:23 AM »
I liked the Extremis Port Set... also bought the Malibu Mansion sometime last year but haven't built it yet. I want to get the newer Marvel sets (Cap/Red Skull tank, X-Men vs Sentinel, new Hulk/MODOK set) since they're somewhat based on comic appearances, but I'm going to wait on the next LEGO Shop promo since two of those would put me near or over the usual $75 threshold.

How's the Spider Trike set Pete? I've heard nothing but bad reviews for it (although I might pick it up on clearance just for the Electro)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 04:14 PM »
How's the Spider Trike set Pete? I've heard nothing but bad reviews for it (although I might pick it up on clearance just for the Electro)

The one I got wasn't the one with Electro - it was the cycle one with Nick Fury, a shield vehicle and Venom.

I have thought about picking up the Spider-Trike one if only to get the Electro mini-figure but I haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

Like you, I'll probably wait for there to be a promo/sale at Lego shop before getting many more sets - I did see the Daily Bugle set for a great price on WalMart.com - so I might grab that one but otherwise, hold off on any others.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Picked up the Milano on the way home from work last night - and I put it together this afternoon.

Fun build - great to have the five members of the team in Lego now.  It was cool that Lego made the Starlord from the two sets he appears in different designs. Based on the trailer it looks like the Rocket mini-figure is from the prison sequence. The Gamora and Drax figures from from the part in the trailer where they are all in similar uniforms and walking down a hallway. So I guess there's still room for Rocket from the hallway scene and Quill, Drax and Gamora from the prison sequence. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more of those showed up as a poly-bag at some point.

I think my next sets will be the Daily Bugle set and the Spider-trike w/Electro (mostly cause I want that mini-figure)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Yeah I bought the Flying Car set with Spidey, Venom and Nick Fury last summer. Awesome set, and I wish the BTTF Delorian turned out a bit more like the car in that set.

Wal-Mart has had random deals on occasion. Back in April I snagged the Man Bat DC set for $15 on Rollback, normal MSRP being $20. A few weeks later I snagged the Flash set on sale at Target during a sale and ended up saving another $5. I've noticed they do that frequently for sets in that price range, which is why I usually wait for those to go on sale and then snag the bigger sets on LEGO Shop for the easy VIP points.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Picked up a bunch of sets since my last post:

Spider-Trike vs. Electro - the trike does indeed stink, lousy vehicle, like I said before, picked this up purely for the Electro mini-fig
Avengers: Captain America vs. Hydra - grabbed it using my Kmart Shop-Your-Way Rewards, had enough to cover the whole purchase
Captain America's Avenging Cycle - grabbed in an eBay auction, haven't received it yet
Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - grabbed in the same eBay auction as above
Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown - my site-to-store order from WalMart is ready for pick-up, getting it tonight on the way home
Avengers: Hulk Lab Smash
X-Men vs. The Sentinel - these last two sets picked up using the TRU Buy-one-Get-one-40%-off today

I have another $15 in Kmart Rewards that I'm probably going to put towards the Spider-Helicopter Rescue set and I'll grab the Doc Ock Truck Heist set from WalMart since they have the best price.

Once I do that, I'll be down to just needing polybag sets, remaining sets from 2012 and the convention exclusives (which I have no intention of ever getting, no way can I afford one minifigure for $300).
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Got the Guardians of the Galaxy Collector mini-figure from SDCC.

Neat little touch is that he comes with an "accessory" that is comprised of a black round single stud-clear red round single stud-black round single stud "sandwich" which represents the Ether given to him at the end of Thor: The Dark World by Sif and Volstagg.

Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Decided to hold off on the Rocket Raccoon set from SDCC for a bit - I think the prices on eBay have gotten a tad bit ridiculous ($170+) and are sure to drop off even if it takes a little while.

So instead, I've resumed my efforts to make my Lego Marvel collection as "complete" as possible - so I picked up the following:

Avengers Quinjet Aerial Battle
Avengers Quinjet Mini Polybag
Thor w/Cosmic Cube Polybag
Iron Man vs Fighting Drone Polybag

Eyeing up the Polybag Iron Patriot and Hawkeye sets now - those are a tad bit more expensive on the secondary market...

At some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pick up the Wolverine Helicopter Showdown, Hulk Helicarrier Breakout and Spider-man's Doc Ock Ambush sets - all three of which have gone up quite a bit on the secondary market...  :-\
Peter

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 3, 2014, 11:57 AM »
I had an Amazon gift card from last Christmas to use up, so I picked up the Milano from the Guardians stuff.  I had been wanting to get it for awhile, but always have to budget a bit more for those larger sets.  Plus, I can't get enough of the Guardians stuff right now ;).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 2, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Wal-Mart currently has a Rollback on the new Captain America vs HYDRA Tank set, on sale for $15 from $20. Comes out to about 9 cents per piece when everything is said and done, which is a great deal for a licensed set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 12:43 PM »
Not sure if anyone else here has been looking for this, but has anyone found the Rocket Raccoon baggie set at TRU?  It is supposed to be a "free with $30 purchase" item now (or $4.99 each I think), and I've been checking our store and can't find any.  Just curious if anyone out there has had any luck finding these, or could maybe even help me out if they are plentiful in your area.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 12:58 PM »
Not sure if anyone else here has been looking for this, but has anyone found the Rocket Raccoon baggie set at TRU?  It is supposed to be a "free with $30 purchase" item now (or $4.99 each I think), and I've been checking our store and can't find any.  Just curious if anyone out there has had any luck finding these, or could maybe even help me out if they are plentiful in your area.

I found this at a Toys R Us on my way home from work on Friday.

There were shelf tags that indicated it was free with a $30 Lego purchase - but since I'm all caught up, I just purchased two of them outright - they rang up for $4.99 each.

If I don't end up leaving work too late this evening, I can swing by there and see if they have any left in stock. The TRU nearer to where I work hasn't gotten them in yet, so I'm hoping this week they will - so if I can't score one at the first place I found them, I might have some luck tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 12:39 AM »
I HATE these stupid TRU "free with purchase" promotions because my stores never get the f'n promo items. It's so frustrating because I've missed out on a lot of cool stuff.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32 PM »
Unfortunately, still no sign of them at the TRU near where I work, and the one where I found them back on Friday was cleaned out.

I will keep an eye out for them Brian...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 12:27 PM »
@Brian - I was able to score you a Rocket Polybag at the Toys R Us near where I work. PM me your address and I'll send it your way.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 03:37 PM »
I was trying to track down a Star Wars Advent Calendar at TRU last night and they had a whole case of these. I bought three, one to open, one for my polybag collection and an extra in case anyone here needed one.