Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 10 - TPM  (Read 85914 times)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 10 - TPM
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 05:21 AM »
Compared to the other five, I hardly have any figures from this film, so I'm looking forward to getting most of these bar the repacks.

They've really gone to town on that Neimodian, I'd like to see a new version of Gunray done like this.

What is that gadget on the floor next to the binocs in the first Maul Picture?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 06:29 AM »
I just woke up, and have had maybe just 4 or 5 sips of coffee so far, but I'm pretty sure the noggin' on this battle droid is a new head sculpt.  It looks longer in the snout than the previous release.

The backpack is not consistent with the way they looked in the movie though.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2011, 08:22 AM »
And the big question regarding the BD is whether he can stand up or if he has gummy legs.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 09:19 AM »
And the big question regarding the BD is whether he can stand up or if he has gummy legs.

That's one my biggest questions as well. If this is a harder plastic battledroid, I'll be psyched. If it's gummy, they can shove it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2011, 09:33 AM »
I just checked my figures, that battle droid is new.  At least the head sculpt for sure.  It's more elongated.  And now comparing the legs, they also appear to be a new sculpt compared to my figures.

The whole thing is probably new.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2011, 09:39 AM »
What is that gadget on the floor next to the binocs in the first Maul Picture?

I kind of looks like the back of the Jedi communicator, but that wouldn't really make sense with Maul. I think it belongs to Obi-Wan.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:43 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2011, 09:45 AM »

Because it comes with two backpacks - the standard grunt backpack and the commander antenna pack - carded pic. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07 AM »

Because it comes with two backpacks - the standard grunt backpack and the commander antenna pack - carded pic. ;)

It didn't take you very long to whip that up in photoshop.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2011, 02:08 PM »
After setting up all my battedroids, I've forgotten how poor they stand. Not one since beyond the first four EP1 droids stands on their own or don't have worped legs. I hope this droid stands better. At least he comes with a stand.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42 PM »
There is some good stuff in this wave for sure.  I cant wait til it lands - I think I want just about every figure except for Obi and Qui Gon

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2011, 11:22 PM »
I will get Kenobi and Jinn just for the cardbacks.   I like most every figures shown.     Sidious really looks nice.  Kind of surprised how well he turned out.  I am probably looking forward to Maul the most.  There is just something about Maul you know.  Good stuff!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 03:10 AM »
I was thinking about picking up those two for the cards too, Broem.  Not sure if I can do it or not though.  The price just irks the **** out of me these days, especially the more they re-use parts and repackage older figures (sometimes seemingly illogically).

Speaking of logic...

Daultay Dofine?  Seriously?

I just don't get that one I guess.  And I'm not railing on the figure by any means.  To me he looks like maybe the coolest Neimoidian figure ever, and ALMOST makes you want a new Rune Haako (Sorry Rune Haako, I know you love Neimoidians, but I just can't say I really am ever giddy getting new ones).  The whole removable hat and softgoods is kind of cool but these guys are up there with "Senator" type figures to me that don't really need the same levels of articulation, and softgoods aren't really as important on these to me either.  They're just boring...  Like Jocasta Nu, they just are meh.

Still, it's a neat figure.  More intresting to me than the face in a onesie...  And speaking of him...

How does his digestive system work?  There's the answer I want on Quadrinaros.  You're a giant face, basically.  What's the deal there?  That's some weird stuff.  At least he's a 2-pack, which eases the micro-figure-stickershock a little, but still, worst podracer design, and makes for just a silly looking figure.

Out of the new figure images though, I was really interested in Maul/Sidious first, the Naboo Royal Guard second, Vos and Ani third, Padme and Dofine next, Quadrinaros last...  Obi-Wan would've been ahead of the last 3 if they just had fixed his skirt fabric color.  :'(  As he stands now I'll maybe skip him just to save the money.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 01:04 PM »
It would be nice if this new Battle Droid was capable of holding his blaster with both hands, like they all do in the movie. We haven't had a battle droid capable of that since the ROTS line i don't think. As for Quadrinaros, I think he's hilarious. Hasbro took this goofy, stupid character and made him look so unbelievably blood thirsty. Look at those red eyes and that sinister grin, he looks like he's gonna rip someone a new one and enjoy every second of it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 01:13 PM »
How does his digestive system work?  There's the answer I want on Quadrinaros.  You're a giant face, basically.  What's the deal there?  That's some weird stuff. 

He eats, digests and poops all in the same action. Not someone you want over for Thanksgiving.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I'm far more likely to get a boring senator-type figure if they are well articulated. Though I do understand that aesthetically, trying to get soft goods to look good at 3 3/4" scale isn't easy.

That Battledroid's backpack looks too big. I'm sure we'll see variations of that figure...NOT SOON. I doubt its wrists swivel, that's a feature reserved for Clone Wars fire fighter droids that were barely available at retail. It looks like shoulder articulation is less than that of the Arena 2-pack droids, but hard to tell for sure.