Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes  (Read 60083 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2012, 02:48 AM »
Great score Jack! I ran out to four Wal-Marts after seeing that post and didn't have any luck finding new stuff. It's nice to see that it is hitting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:48 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Captain Crunch! Yum!

Peanut Butter favor too!!!

I know! That's the biggest score on that ticket!!

But seriously, that is pretty cool. Wish I had a WM around to hope to find something.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2012, 08:54 PM »
They're being found like this ($4 clearance) in Ohio now as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2012, 01:03 AM »
And in Colorado!  :D  8)

I was able to nab this whole wave today, at $4 a piece. My fiancee went to a Wal-Mart this morning and found an entire case of Wave 11 that had just been stocked as soon as she got to the toy section. They didn't ring up and all and the clerk had to manually enter the price, but she keyed them $8.96 a piece. I took them back tonight, along with two $4 RFT troopers that I bought the night before and after a little sweet talking was able to get the price adjusted on the wave down to $4 each!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:10 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2012, 03:07 PM »
It is interesting how different (and how much better) the paint/coloring is on the Sandstorm Leia from the Revenge Slave Leia. The two figures are only a few months apart, in the exact same line, and use the exact same sculpt, but the paint apps are drastically different. Sandstorm Leia' skin tone has been subdued a bit, making it less peachy colored and more realistic and the bikini has been lightened as well. The head is where the most noticeable changes were made. The dark red lips were drastically lightened and the hair is a lighter brown. The eyes look much better too.

On that same note, Lando's head is actually the same sculpt as the General Lando. I didn't they were since the deco is so different. I think this one makes me appreciate the sculpt a lot more. It didn't look very accurate on General Lando because he has a big splotchy mustache and big caterpillar eyebrows. The Sandstorm Lando's paint toned both of those down a lot and it is remarkable how much more like Billy Dee it looks. Unfortunately, they still kind of missed on his skin color. Sandstorm Lando is too light. His skin color should be closer to the General Lando.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Man, I can just tell I'm not going to luck into this deal.  Ah well.  I'd just like to find Wave 11 right now, period.

It's all E1 pegwarmers here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2012, 06:07 PM »
I got 3 of the 5 figures from the wave for $4. I should've gotten more, but I figured it wouldn't work and I was annoyed by Cracken's bad paint ops. It almost didn't work, because the cashier scanned the two vintage stormtrooper through at $4. Then the 3 deleted figures wouldn't scan. She looked and said "'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi', not the same." Then she manually entered one of the ROTJ ones, nothing came back. Eventually she scanned a stormtrooper 3 more times. I said nothing. Just let it play out.

The next store I went to had no older figures left, so I couldn't try it again. Then the next had none of  wave 11.

All episode 1 figures still scanned at $8.96 or whatever. Not that I bought any.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Scored these bad boys for $4 ea at Wally tonight... :-*

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 09:46 AM »
I feel like all my store got TPM cases in stead, but I'm sure I'm just having bad luck hitting the right stores.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Scored these bad boys for $4 ea at Wally tonight... :-*

Nice!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55 PM »
I found these (except for Leia) at our local WM today.  They wouldn't scan in at our store though, so they just used the price from the pegs ($8.96).  Oh well, happy to find them anyways - especially the Lando Skiff guard figure, one I always wanted to see updated.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Just found these about an hour ago at Walmart. Just the 5 were on the pegs, lite odd. They wouldn't scan. Paid 8.96 each.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I found the Mon Cal A-Wing pilot earlier today.  It wouldn't scan at the register, but the Naboo Royal Guard I did get scanned at full price.  So much for $4 figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33 PM »
That's been my experience (of what I've read) for the most part...  Unless there's an old figure on the pegs for $4, and you take it up to the register with the new ones that aren't in the system yet, you really can't get the deal.  Not sure I've seen anyone come out and specifically say so far that they DID get the figures and they were in the system for $4, actually.  ???

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Yeah, I found the wave again at another Wal-Mart, but the old stock of vintage were not $4. Knowing the trick wouldn't work I bent all the deleted scene figure's cardbacks in anger and left.   >:D

Okay, I just left.   :)