Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes  (Read 59744 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 11 - ROTJ Deleted Scenes
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2012, 02:01 PM »
It is incredible though. I'm sure you had your times, Chewie, when you were running around frustrated because a particular wave just refused to show up. You'd think after all these years the case assortments would be designed better to sell though, not worse.

Oh yeah, I totally agree Anton.

Hasbro could help resolve a lot of the distribution issues just through smarter case assortments.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47 PM »
The problem with case assortments, and this goes back to our discussion about Hasbro banking on TPM3D heavily, is you have to make them fairly early on...  You have to have those orders into the factories early.  Hasbro banked on some TPM3D love this year, for them to have the 2nd wave of 2012 figures so heavily repacked with TPM Wave figures.

Knowing what we know now, it'd have been great to see Maul, and some 2011 rarer figures packed in...  Not just this wave, but Wave 3 too.   :-\ 

Hindsight and all, but yeah, I wasn't wild about TPM figures repacked the second I saw Wave 2's assortment...  Other than Maul, I was already skittish on that.  And I see Maul plenty too...  I'd like to see 2011 figures scattered in a bit more.  Next year I'd like to see 2012 figures scattered in as needed a little better.

2007, Hasbro was a lot better at this I think.  They seemed to spread it out a little more logically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52 AM »
I almost feel like Hasbro had way higher expectations for TPM3d than either Fox or Lucasfilm did.  They seem pleased with the take, but it seems like Hasbro overestimated what this was all about. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2012, 09:48 AM »
I almost feel like Hasbro had way higher expectations for TPM3d than either Fox or Lucasfilm did.  They seem pleased with the take, but it seems like Hasbro overestimated what this was all about.

Kind of amazing they could make the same mistake twice over producing the first time around as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2012, 12:12 PM »
I I think they deserve to be criticized about that.  This is where I think some market research would have helped.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2012, 04:13 PM »

Again, I'm not so sure this is true...  Fox/LFL had MINIMUM expectations.  I think they too expected/hoped for more than it made ultimately.  They just were happy with it making their minimums...  I think they hoped for some longevity since it took a while for the first real summer toy-driving blockbuster to follow it.  I've heard fairly reliable stuff about this, that it didn't do exactly what was hoped for, but met the lowest expectations.  Those are two pretty drastically different things though.

That wasn't just Hasbro...  That was General Mills, Pepsi, McDonalds...  That was far broader.

I think they might be compelled to get the OT out quicker now.  I think they know it's their bread and butter at this point, at least as far as the films being in theaters would go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I think they might be compelled to get the OT out quicker now.  I think they know it's their bread and butter at this point, at least as far as the films being in theaters would go.

I've been thinking this as well - almost like we're not hearing anything on the AOTC 3D re-release because they are trying to work out all of the business aspects of releasing BOTH EP2 and EP3 in theaters in 2013 (or even getting EP2 out in theaters before the end of 2012, so they can get EP3 out in 2013).

While not ideal, the Yoda artwork that was leaked for the supposed AOTC re-release year packaging could be sufficient for both EP2 and EP3. After that they could have three years of Darth Vader themed stuff and totally get away with it - or they could FINALLY realize that having movie-release-themed branding is a double-edged sword and we'll see things swing back to a generic "Star Wars" branding like the 2002 Saga or 2004 OTC lines.

This is another reason why I think Vintage should be viewed as Hasbro's long-term work-horse in the line, they can just keep that line going w/o any care or concern for what the packaging-style-flavor-of-the-month is from LucasFilm.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19 AM »
Opened a Luke and I have to say that this is a huge winner. Very nicely done. But the reason I started this post was to mention what a great army builder Cracken is. I put a RFT head and Endor commando hat on one and not only does it fit perfectly, but it looks awesome.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Opened a Luke and I have to say that this is a huge winner. Very nicely done. But the reason I started this post was to mention what a great army builder Cracken is. I put a RFT head and Endor commando hat on one and not only does it fit perfectly, but it looks awesome.

Does Cracken's head fit on the RFT body? I have an extra Cracken that I picked up a while back, hoping to make a head swap like this, I would love it if such a swap worked...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Snaps on no problem, very secured, but the neck is very stout. Think Uncle Fester.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Snaps on no problem, very secured, but the neck is very stout. Think Uncle Fester.

Cool - thanks!
Peter

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2012, 04:10 PM »
Is anyone still seeing these in the wild? I'm still only seeing TPM figures wherever I go. I had a bad feeling about the over abundance of TPM figures, and it seems my concerns were warranted.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2012, 04:55 PM »
I found Lando once about 2 months ago.  Not a peep since.  I got them on Amazon.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Yeah, I just grabbed Lando, Cracken and the Mon Cal pilot off of Amazon, but the price is a bit higher than retail. Too bad, since I would have liked to get a couple Landos and a handful of Crackens.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I saw (and bought) the complete wave twice when they were ringing up at Walmart for $4 a pop, which was sweet. I saw remnants only two other times, both at Walmarts, one local and one out of town. TRU I know for a fact never got this wave here. I really doubt Target ever did either. Very sad.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy