Author Topic: Walmart "Discover the Force" TPM3D Basic Figures  (Read 86446 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Vintage Walmart Wave
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 10:33 PM »
WORD on the pods no getting made, have no room or desire for them. As for them being a WM exclusive I have a WM that I can hit before work so it will hopefully not be too bad to find these. For those who do not have WM's near you I will try to help those I can.

I hope we see a new SA Tarpels, Panaka, JJ and Naboo soldier at some point in 12'. It will be nice to get some EP1 figures back in my collection, I ditched most of them for their "datedness".
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 05:52 AM »
Man, Hasbro finally makes Aurra Sing and Ric Olie, and they're limited to Walmart?! This is just great. I have absolutely no Walmarts within 2 hours driving distance away from me. :-\
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 10:48 AM »
SA Tarpals is in the Target battle pack

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 11:29 AM »
No, he's not. That is just the 2004 one which was just the 99 one with hinged knees.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 07:47 PM »
For now...  I'm hopeful Tarpals is getting an update and that's just a prototype.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 09:10 AM »
I don't know why it seems fitting that this is a Wal Mart wave. Nicely done figures though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: August 2, 2011, 02:35 PM »
How did i miss this, i hate tha its a Walmart exclusive but i am down for it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 3, 2011, 09:04 AM »
First time I considered cutting back and not doing the prequels was way back when the Ep ! stuff was first coming out. This seems like a second chance in a lifetime to pull the trigger get out. These seem like great figures, but why support films that weren't very good to begin with?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 3, 2011, 03:42 PM »
That's EXACTLY my thoughts, Anton.  Not to overdo my "purism", but that was exactly what I had to come to grips with: why buy nice-looking figures from a film (trilogy) that goes against the established "rules" (and was just not a great movie anyway) of the OT?  These figures do look great- there's a small part of me that almost wants to buy them (funny how there's nostalgia for a "new" SW film).  But ultimately, Tarpals and Ric Olie and Darth Maul do not occupy the same mythology as Luke, Han, and Lando for me.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 3, 2011, 04:40 PM »
The most iconic Character of the PT is still more "Fanfic" the most obscure 2 frames of time OT Character for me, so I agree.

But Sadly that Fanfic was written by George Lucas so he wins....

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25 AM »
The most iconic Character of the PT is still more "Fanfic" the most obscure 2 frames of time OT Character for me, so I agree.

But Sadly that Fanfic was written by George Lucas so he wins....

It's amazing how amazing some parts of Star Wars are... and then how crappy the other parts are. :'( It's really mixed up my reception to Star Wars as a whole, but don't get me wrong, I'm still an appreciative fan.

I noticed on Scum's round-up report that someone asked Hasbro whether this wave will be vintage-carded or carded on the new packaging design, but I couldn't load the answer. Does anyone know what Hasbro replied?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43 AM »
From JediNews:

Q. The San Diego Comic Con Panel revealed a new wave of Episode I figures that will be exclusive to Walmart.  There seems to be some confusion as to how these figures will be packaged (The Vintage Collection or on Darth Maul like cards) and also if these will be available in the UK - please could you clarify?

A. The Vintage Wave 1 of 2012 revealed in San Diego will not be exclusive to Walmart.  These figures (Darth Maul, Daultay, Quinlan Vos, etc.) will be available in [the]mainline in Vintage packaging.  They should be available in the UK.

Note that Hasbro's crack team of QNA monkeys totally missed the point (again). JN asked about the packaging for the exclusive walmart wave not the first wave of Vintage.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 02:48 AM »
From JediNews:

Q. The San Diego Comic Con Panel revealed a new wave of Episode I figures that will be exclusive to Walmart.  There seems to be some confusion as to how these figures will be packaged (The Vintage Collection or on Darth Maul like cards) and also if these will be available in the UK - please could you clarify?

A. The Vintage Wave 1 of 2012 revealed in San Diego will not be exclusive to Walmart.  These figures (Darth Maul, Daultay, Quinlan Vos, etc.) will be available in [the]mainline in Vintage packaging.  They should be available in the UK.

Note that Hasbro's crack team of QNA monkeys totally missed the point (again). JN asked about the packaging for the exclusive walmart wave not the first wave of Vintage.

Hasbro must be deliberately doing this, they've been getting annoyingly lazy with the last few Q/A's; their answers are usually only a sentence long now! ::)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2011, 12:55 AM »
Looks like some of these will be on vintage cards according to the JTA Hasbro Q/A

Mawhonic (71), Naboo Pilot (72), Aurra Sing (73), Gungan Warrior (74). 

No Ric Olie or G8-R3 are not numbered. ?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2011, 01:27 AM »
I think this is all related to this slide from SDCC...

As you can see in the slide, the Naboo Pilot, Mawhonic, Aurra Sing, and Gungan were all part of Vintage Wave 4 at one point... obviously something changed since they are now apparently in ths Walmart Ep1 wave.

The JTA list doesn't really mean anything definitive - it could just be an error on Hasbro's part (maybe they simply grabbed an old list) or it could be interpreted as sign that those four will ship in both the Walmart exclusive wave (on the Ep1 cards) and again in the Vintage line (Vintage cards).  Wait and see I guess...

As for why Ric and G8 aren't numbered in JTA's list - if that's a vintage number list and these are technically NOT part of the vintage line, but rather put on the new Ep1 movie cards as some folks were reporting at SDCC, then it would make sense they wouldn't be part of the vintage numbering...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender