Author Topic: Walmart "Discover the Force" TPM3D Basic Figures  (Read 86428 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart "Discover the Force" 3D Movie Figure Wave
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Nabbed 2 extra Naboo pilots...  debating on an extra Ric Olie at some point too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Nabbed 2 extra Naboo pilots...  debating on an extra Ric Olie at some point too.

I wanted 8 but only 6 come in the Walmart displayer.  So I bought 2 extra Ric Olies for headswaps to get to my 8 man Naboo Pilot squadron.

LOVE this figure.  Might crack my top 25 all-time list.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Since there are no Wal-marts in the City, I'm gonna need some help. I'm only interested in Ric and G8-R3 since the other new ones will be on the Vintage card later.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20 PM »
I'll keep an eye out Steve, while I'm out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Since there are no Wal-marts in the City, I'm gonna need some help. I'm only interested in Ric and G8-R3 since the other new ones will be on the Vintage card later.

PM sent.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Are these pretty regular to find at Walmart nowadays?  There aren't any stores near me either, but I'm thinking about trekking out to the burbs tomorrow morning and want to at least make an educated guess before I spend an hour and a half (or more) trying to pick them up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50 PM »
I have 3 Wal-Marts within a 5 mile radius of my house and two of them have gotten the DTF wave, although so far everything has been hitting in small numbers. I'd say that if those suburban WMs have a good track record of exclusives/clearances then they probably have them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2012, 06:23 PM »
For me Rob it's really 50/50...  one WM has, or had a ton, and then the next one up the highway never got one in.

One got in a single case too...  It's odd to say the least.  I think more may arrive though.  Just speculating a little.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2012, 06:33 PM »
I have 2 Walmarts that I frequent all the time, one got the 72 DTF 3D figure displayer, the other got nothing.  I absolutely looted the displayer for myself and other board members.  I took every Ric Olie, every Naboo Pilot, half the R8-G3 droids, half the gungan warriors.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2012, 06:42 PM »
Okay... thanks guys. Based on this I'll give it a shot.  There are 2 or 3 Walmarts I can get to without having to spend 5 hours running around like a moron.  If I don't have any luck, I might have to start begging in the forum.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I absolutely looted the displayer for myself and other board members. 

And I appreciate it greatly.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I had about the same experience as Jesse.  One WM (our closest) seemed to get one case in, and only had four figures left when I found them.  The other one across town from us had the seperate display thingy, and it was full and had plenty a week ago when I found them (that store seems to avoid the collector/scalper traffic a little more from my experience).

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37 PM »
I bought extras for the MN guys and they seem to be covered.  They are headed back to the store on Monday unless I can help someone else out.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28 PM »
I only have Ric Olie, but I agree that Ric Olie/Naboo Pilot is a wonderful figure. I am looking forward to getting a few of the generic pilots. I  actually think the oversized coat is pretty neat so I don't mind that both pilot figures include them.

In addition to Ric Olie I got two Gungans, the yellow R5 droid, Aurra Sing, a Tusken Raider, and two Destroyer Droids. The Gungan is a pretty cool retool and Aurra Sing is awesome. The R5, Destroyer, and Tusken are nothing special but it is nice that Hasbro put the best versions back on the shelves.

One thing that might matter for the completists: the Destroyer Droid is actually a repaint. The browns appear to be darker, and the silver seems toned down. The shield accessory is also a much lighter blue color, and you can make out the shape of the figure inside. Below is a comparison picture with the TAC release on the left and the DTF release on the right.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Different color force fields for the Droideka?  I guess I have to get another one so that I can make the full force field. 

Dammit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback