Author Topic: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Gus & Duncan's Book Pre-Order  (Read 14174 times)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Gus & Duncan's Book Pre-Order
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 06:47 PM »
  :o :o :o  Bleeepity Bleeping Bleepy Bleep!!11!1!!  :o :o :o

I finally got around to buying the Gus and Duncan book.  How does such a thing exist in this world? 

For over a year now, I've read nothing but the most glowing possible reviews of this book.  How, then, could I still be totally unprepared for how wonderful it actually is?  I mean, the build-up couldn't have been higher.  I've even seen the sample pages and the flip-through demo video.  Yet the exceeds-expectations factor on this thing couldn't have been more decisive.  Is there no amount of hype this book would fail to live up to? 

After some dazed thumbing around... I decided to gauge its depth with Decipher CCG content.  I don't know what I was expecting... maybe lists of each expansion set (limited/unlimited as applicable) with sample photos of some of the packaging?  Or maybe I actually did expect every single card to be listed (they are!!) with sample photography of many.  All I know is: when the first index entry sent me to the apparel section for old Tournament-Winner T-shirts, I got a real vertigo feeling in my stomach.  Then seeing page after page after page of that dear, familiar card library... and it all amounting to virtually none of the total heft of the book.  I mean...

How does such a thing exist in this world?

I can't imagine the human who would find his way to the JD forums, but not need to own this thing.  Even if it's not the detail... it's the perspective.  If the only thing you love is Vintage Kenner, there is still something VERY special and surreal about seeing your entire hobby situated into its own honored place among the entire SW merchandising history.  Even the very few reference sources that can beat it for Action Figure detail can never yield that special perspective.

Sorry for the explosion of thoughts there.  I just can't remember the last time I was so thrilled by a product.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Gus & Duncan's Book Pre-Order
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13 PM »
I can't argue with your praise.  Gus & Duncan's book seriously kicks ass.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:14 PM by JesseVader08 »