Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Boba Fett: The Movie

(1/3) > >>

Diddly:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/joe-johnston-directing-a-boba-fett-movie-just-might-save-star-wars/

--- Quote ---That's right, apparently Johnston is in the process of trying to get George Lucas to make a feature length Star Wars film centered around everyone's favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett. Though his appearances in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are brief, the character has become one of the most recognizable and loved characters in the Star Wars universe and has since enjoyed plenty of attention in various books, comics and video games taking place in Lucas' galaxy far, far away. However, this is the first time that a film based around the infamous character has been discussed by higher powers in the industry. When asked if he would direct the film, Johnston said, "I would like to, it would be a lot of fun.”

--- End quote ---

I personally hope this is an early/late April Fools joke and that there is no serious discussion of this horrible idea actually going on in San Francisco.

P-Siddy:
I hope it's a joke because I like the mystic around him in Empire and Jedi: a badass that says little but looks cool just standing there. Of course, it would be cool to see something around him, but it could be a pre-Empire movie with Daniel Logan and teen Fett just doesn't appeal (to me). His little Anakin bits in Slave I while he and dad are chasing Obi-Wan in the asteroid field were a bit much.

Pete_Fett:
While I hope that this isn't something that is serious, I have to wonder if this coming to light because the live action series, which has been shelved, was supposed to involve Boba Fett.

If there is a solid idea that would have served as the 2-hour pilot of the series, I could see them making a theatrical release movie out of it.

If you think about it - it would make sense, use the fact that it's a movie to bring in more funding for better CGI-based effects and to build a library of effects elements.

Then if the movie does well, you have better pull with TV execs and advertisers - "this series is going to pick up where the hit Star Wars: Boba Fett movie left off!"

Jesse James:
I could see an animated feature for him/bounty hunters.  Kids love that stuff...  His mystique was pretty much ended by EU and the cartoon and stuff, so I'm not totally against it.  Live-action  I'm less into...  maybe.  :-\

Phrubruh:
I think I'll hold out for "Bossk: the movie"

After that they could make "IG-88: the movie" and the three of them could join forces in "Bounty Hunter Guild" directed by Joss Whedon. Of course Sam Jackson has to have a camo in there because that is the Law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version