Author Topic: New York Comic Con 2011  (Read 49134 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: New York Comic Con 2011
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Hey P-siddy,

Thanks for the email. Did you get my response?

Yes, I did. I'll reply soon. Glad to see you found the thread.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Has there been any official word on what those exclusives mentioned in their press release will be? I'm guessing they just made more of the SDCC stuff and are hesitant to say until the last possible moment.

Nothing I've seen.  And we're less than a month out from the show, so I think the chances of a Star Wars Hasbro exclusive might be on the slim side.  But it will be cool to see what's new from Hasbro while we're there.  I'm going on the weekend.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32 AM »
Mark your calendars!

Hasbro Star Wars Action Figure Panel
Date: Friday, October 14
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Eastern, obviously)

Join members of Hasbro’s STAR WARS Marketing and Design team as they discuss current and upcoming toys and action figures and reveal some never before seen upcoming figures!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 01:01 AM »
I knew that Hasbro would probably have their panel on Friday but I was really hoping for Saturday as I won't be there till then.  The Transformer and MU panels are on Sat, though, so maybe I'll cover those.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Hasbro revealed the first NYCC exclusive today...  but it's not Star Wars.  It's the Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10 Special Edition Transformers Bumblebee Blaster, a companion piece to the Optimus Prime nerf blaster they had at SDCC.

If there is going to be a Star Wars excluisve, I'm guessing the reveal will be pretty soon...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 11:02 PM »
I'm shaking with anticipation at what I can neither afford, nor wait online for!  ;D

I'm honestly thinking it won't be anything flashy, but I also do not believe it'll be more SDCC exclusives. 

Vinty ROTS Clones?  You betcha.  They have a special NYCC Exclusive green (or yellowish, depending) helmet.  It's designed to match the urine on the subway.

When their supply runs out, they plan to give away random figures from Wave 1 and 2 of the Vintage collection.  :-X  PR baby.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Urine on the subway?  Don't get all John Rocker on us. =)  Maybe in the 70s, but NYC is pretty clean and tidy these days.  So, I guess we should all at least get together for the Q&A on Friday afternoon.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Yeah anybody wanna help me out at the show? 

As JJ and Jeff and Rob can attest I am pretty useless at Show.  And factors have conspired against us getting more than just me there.

I had a Hot Dog from a Street Vendor the first year, Pizza at a Pizza place last time.... this year I don't have mapped out, but certainly some "toursity" "cliche" thing... Carnegie Deli?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Yeah anybody wanna help me out at the show? 

As JJ and Jeff and Rob can attest I am pretty useless at Show.  And factors have conspired against us getting more than just me there.

I might be able to help out... what do you need help with? (Perhaps I should phrase this with the question first, and then volunteer).  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 04:34 PM »
I had a Hot Dog from a Street Vendor the first year, Pizza at a Pizza place last time.... this year I don't have mapped out, but certainly some "toursity" "cliche" thing... Carnegie Deli?

If you want a good deli, I'd recommend Katz's, which is downtown on Houston Street (at Ludlow).  The place has been there since 1888, and it's a New York institution.  But it's not any kind of walking distance from the Javits center.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 02:14 AM »
Urine on the subway?  Don't get all John Rocker on us. =)  Maybe in the 70s, but NYC is pretty clean and tidy these days.  So, I guess we should all at least get together for the Q&A on Friday afternoon.

A guy I follow on Twitter loves to post his morning (albeit very early morning) commute to work pictures from time to time...  The pictures are comical, but disturbing most of the time.  :)  NYC's subway isn't alone by any means...  The DC one has its moments too, and I got to witness some fun stuff on the el in Chicago too first-hand.  I think it's just something you sometimes have to deal with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 01:08 PM »
I'll be in NYC that week and attending Comic Con.  I'd love to meet up with whoever from JD will be there, and also get some pointers, because this is my first trip to the city.   :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I'll be in NYC that week and attending Comic Con.  I'd love to meet up with whoever from JD will be there, and also get some pointers, because this is my first trip to the city.   :)

What day are you showing up at the Con (and NYC)?

I guess my pointers are if you want to see the 9/11 Memorial, you have to get tickets (free) in advance. To be sure they don't 'sell' out for the time you're gonna be here, I suggest reserving your time now. If you want to do other touristy things like go up the Empire State Building, tickets are a bit cheaper online, and the ESB tickets are good for a year, so it's not like you have to worry about when you are getting there. The Statue of Liberty is pretty much an all day affair and tickets go fast for the morning times. Plus they are going to close down the statue at some point soon (don't recall the date) for a year.

I think Paul's going to arrange a get-together on one of the nights.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Sorry I can't help with the touristy stuff.  I did take my boys to the Empire State Building recently.  It takes a long time to get through all of the lines, but on a clear day it's worth it.

Would friday night after the Hasbro presentation be good for people to get togteher?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Hasbro revealed the first NYCC exclusive today...  but it's not Star Wars.  It's the Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10 Special Edition Transformers Bumblebee Blaster, a companion piece to the Optimus Prime nerf blaster they had at SDCC.

If there is going to be a Star Wars excluisve, I'm guessing the reveal will be pretty soon...

Getting closer... today's reveal was a Marvel one - NYCC Compound Hulk!