Author Topic: New York Comic Con 2011  (Read 49132 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: New York Comic Con 2011
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19 PM »
But they said they'd mostly be core characters from the series, so who wants 5 more different Obi-Wans and Anakins? If not more.

The rest being clones, and their 2d cousin.

Absolutely no new Separatists, you can count on that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:21 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 11:30 PM »
It's a kid-focused line...  Like Legends/Whatever this new one is with light-up figures that walk/talk/act as a flash drive/take your SAT's for you.  The cores are the way of the world.  Hell, core guys are anchors/necessities in the Vintage line... Just look at any wave for that.

A wave of weirdness probably wouldn't do too well, it's tough to argue with that.  But CW will probably go on as it has, with the odd "Seripas" or "Baddie of the moment" tossed into the line, while mains and clones anchor any given wave...  and some Battledroids so they have something to shoot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I got a chance to listen to the Collectorcast on the way to work today as well, pretty good info there.  I'm interested to see the Movie Heroes line, just to see what it is, and it also sounds like there will be a pretty good amount of reveals at NYCC.

As far as CW, from what I gathered Derryl made it sound like it would continue to be kid-focused and "core character" oriented.  He also said that next year would be even more focused than this one, so it sounds like figures like Seripas will really just be a here and there thing from now on.  Probably similar to this year, or maybe even a little more streamlined.  They did actually ask about the Nightsisters as well, and it didn't sound real likely (although they mentioned possibly as a realistic figure in the vintage line).

He did mention vintage through 2012, but wouldn't confirm anything for 2013.  Not that it means anything, as he said they are just planning that year now, but he did mention that eventually it may get a rest so they can bring it back again later without it getting stale (or something like that).  Definitely looking forward to NYCC though, and curious to see what next year will offer.  It sounds like these next few (six?) years will really be focused on the 3D release of the year.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Bought my Friday ticket today. Do you still need help, Paul?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Less exclusives next year for all Hasbro brands. Maybe a good thing? On the other hand, maybe not...since their picks for mainline offerings are rigid.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I dont mind the vintage line going on hiatus, I actually think there should only be one movie line at a time. Either vintage should fill the pegs, or another movie line to replace it like this upcoming Heroes line. I also think its great that exclusives will be reduced in 2012 - there is simply way too much out there as it is, so I'd enjoy seeing everything scaled back.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 02:29 PM »
I don't mind the scaling back either, at least for the most part.  I noticed that Derryl did mention that although we usually get around 36 figures in the Vintage line in a given year, next year would probably push past 50 since they will be re-releasing some of the harder to find stuff.  I can't say I'm a big fan of multiple lines either, and sort of wish things could/would be condensed down.  That being said, it would be boring if we just had CW (which is a nice line) and this new Movie Heroes line on the pegs full of action features.  We've yet to see how obstrusive they might be, but from the sounds of things so far they won't be as "collector targeted" as TVC.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 04:21 PM »
According to Derryl Depriest (via the Forcecast), there is no Star Wars exclusive for NYCC.  One less thing for folks to worry about I guess...

Also in that podcast, Derryl confirms that NYCC will have a LOT ("a ton") of TPM3D reveals - movie line, vehicles, a new previously unmentioned sku, etc.  It sounds like they arer pretty much showing all their Spring 2012 cards at NYCC and rendering 2012 Toy Fair meaningless for the most part.

Well - that's good news, now I just have to decide whether or not I even want to deal with the headache of going to a convention...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #68 on: October 6, 2011, 11:18 AM »
As of today, I will be at the show on Friday.  So, how do we all recognize each other. I'm easy to spot at a convention, I never wear t-shirts!  I'm looking forward to the Hasbro panel, as I've never been to one before.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 7, 2011, 02:25 AM »
Well - that's good news, now I just have to decide whether or not I even want to deal with the headache of going to a convention...

Wow, you have the opportunity to go to a convention and consider it a headache?  That's too bad.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #70 on: October 7, 2011, 06:32 AM »
I'll be there as well with full press credentials. Hope to meet some of you guys and get you interested.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 7, 2011, 09:23 AM »
We should makea tally and see what days people will be there:

Friday
Paul
P-Siddy (Steve)
speedermike (Mike)

Saturday

Sunday

Paul, any more word about the meet-up? Or are we just going to be spontaneous?
Mike, I think I'm going to wear my gray Tee that says Champcar on it. I don't think too many people there will have a shirt that has a defunct racing series on it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #72 on: October 7, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I will be there Saturday, but will be in town starting Thursday.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2011, 09:38 AM »
I'm going to try to meet up with you guys on Friday. As I said, if I can't make the show, I'll meet you guys after for a drink (or whatever the plan is).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 7, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I'm going to wear a black tshirt with Wolverine on it and not bathe... I should stand out right?

Or, I'm getting a shirt printed up that says Jedidefender.com on it.  If you find me you get drink tickets.

Who knows....

Yes once we get a list of who is going to be in and around I will PM you guys my Cell Phone number (feel special yet?) and we will try to hook it up.

I was going to try to set something up at a bar, but instead we can just figure it out when we get there. 

Michael Rex, be warned my wife wants to meet you.... and she will probably come to the Happy Hour so everybody feel free to bring a plus 1....