Author Topic: Master Phruby's Star Wars Office  (Read 21198 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Master Phruby's Star Wars Office
« on: August 6, 2011, 11:58 AM »
If you may not know, we have been remodeling our house this summer. You can see the thread here: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21581.0

As part of the remodel, there will be a new larger office dedicated to my collection. My Star Wars collection use to reside in this room until about 2006 when it was converted into my daughter's room. All the stuff was packed up and put in the garage. It was a very sad day but it made my daughter Rose very happy. It made it hard to know what I had and it took alot of the fun of collecting out it. When you can't display this stuff, there seems to be no point of collecting it.

Now after five years it.... RETURNS!

This thread will show pictures of decorating the room, picking out new cabinets, painting and then finally reassembling the office. The plans are to combine the collection with my other favorite thing: classic video gameing. What I have in mind is to display mostly figures and maybe some ships if space permits. I will also integrate my collection of video game cartridges and classic systems such as Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo and Sega. The computer and my collection of classic systems will be attached to our old 42" TV so I can run any video game ever created. New cabinets will go around and on each side of the TV. There is a great black and white couch that will go in the center of the room with a coffee table. The computer will be in the back part of the room pretty much were it is shown in the pictures below. The computer and TV will have access to my media server and netflix so we can stream any movie. More details are coming.

Feel free to comment and offer suggestions as we pick out everything for the room. We are going for a kind of cantina lounge feel. We are setting on a brownish dark sand or brownish green color for the room with lighter color cabinets with glass doors to go with the cabinet and desk we have.

Anyway, lets recap what the office looked like BEFORE it was converted into my daughter's room.

This shelving unit will return for the computer.

This case will return full of vintage figures only.

« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 12:03 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Master Phruby's Star Wars Office
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Looks like we are going to 86 the ceiling fan in the Star Wars office because of the attic ladder getting in the way. We are going with a LED light show pannel.

This light combines halogen bulbs with multicolor LEDs for a light show effect.

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/possini-euro-led-light-show-flushmount-ceiling-fixture__67363.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:41 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2011, 03:26 PM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:57 PM »
The new office has been painted. We tried to pick a color that will go with the new shelves and steal look.

CAT6, telephone and HDMI cable sticking out of the wall where the computer will go.

The new shelves and TV will go on this wall. Cat 6, FIOS TV and HDMI cable are sticking out of the wall. The HDMI cable goes over the room to the other side of the room. That way I can connect the TV to the computer.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:59 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:25 AM »
New light added to the ceiling. It has a LED lightshow feature. Should look pretty cool while playing XBox.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:59 AM »
Interesting stuff.  Where'd you get that light fixture at?  I'm curious on the features.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05 AM »
Lamps Plus. It has a remote to turn on the LCD lightshow otherwise just the halogens go on with the lightswitch. I haven't played with it yet. It will be cool to see how it lights up the room when all the stuff is put in.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Lamps Plus. It has a remote to turn on the LCD lightshow otherwise just the halogens go on with the lightswitch. I haven't played with it yet. It will be cool to see how it lights up the room when all the stuff is put in.

What does the lightshow do?  Does it move or strobe? Are there different collors or patterns?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 03:07 PM »
There are different colors and patterns. You can select which get turned on or off. There is a video on this page:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/possini-euro-led-light-show-flushmount-ceiling-fixture__67363.html

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08 PM »
I think this would be very cool to add to the room. Imagine playing XBox on this:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Long time since an update. I've installed the new Ikea cabinets in the new Star Wars Office. The table will hold the TV and a collection of classic video game consoles.

I'm also adding shelves above the TV stand.

What I am looking for now is a spice rack type thing to stand the figures in about three or four different levels. Any idea?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:24 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Walmart used to have them in their kitchen utensil area...this was like 5-6 years ago

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I found four of these at the 99 cent store.

We've emptied the storage unit and brought in the star wars boxes. It may not look like much but I keep everything loose and there are two large containers not shown here. I mostly collect figures and a number of ships.

My son is having a great time playing with the new toys!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2011, 02:49 PM »
This is coming together quite nicely too, Phruby. Great shot of your kid with that big X-Wing. Reminds me of that time we call the 80s :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2011, 11:34 PM »
I started filling the shelves. Basically the larger areas will have playsets populated with lots of figures. The rest will be rows and rows of the rest of the figures. I keep playing with what goes where. I'm also trying to take inventory and see what parts I'm missing.

"Mom, is it Christmas?"

Below the TV will be an Atari 2600, Colecovision, Dreamcast, PS2, Atari XEGS and Sega CDX. All playable and the computer connects to the TV also.

This is a comissioned piece of art my wife's cousin made for me. His name is Nick Stephens. He did a lot of the miniature work on the indepent movie Henri 2.0. This pannel is one of three he is making for me based on that movie. It's basically one of the ship's panels.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/920784759/henri-20-a-science-fiction-short-film
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 11:35 PM by Master_Phruby »