Collectibles > Power of the Force 2

POTF2 Recent Purchases

<< < (10/12) > >>

tmanthegreat:
I just got a couple of those prototype vehicles from the "Art of Start Wars" series they did, namely the prototype Snowspeeder and Bespin Cloud Car.  I remember seeing them in stores back in the late 1990s, but didn't bite...  Then this past week, the bug hit me and I found them MIB for under $20 on eBay and Amazon.  I've read these vehicles didn't sell that well, but I thought they were actually done quite nicely.  The Snowspeeder had some decent weathering and paint apps in particular and the action features aren't too funky.  The figures (naturally) aren't the greatest, though I rather like the look of the prototype Cloud Car pilot...

Scockery:
Yeah, they were shelf warmers, but by then there was a glut of Star Wars product building up everywhere.

Air speeder was cool. The pilot was oddly quite tall.

The Cloud Car was a disappointment for me at the time. Maybe because the real deal was better and wouldn't be made in the modern line for a decade. And the silly shooting nose cone (means every time you find a used one, that nose is missing!)

The Rebel Speeder Bike is worth getting, even if it seems more like a riding lawnmower.  :P

Jesse James:
I love the CC now for that reason Scockery...  It's like it goes up 100% thanks to that Saga beauty...  Speaking of, I have like a dozen of those I need to sell.  :-[

The Airspeeder I army built...  That was an old EU rebel speeder so I always intended on repainting and detailing them.  And yes, an absurdly tall pilot.  He's like a whole other scale.

I will say the CC pilot was odd but he had insane levels of detail for the time.

The Rebel bike though, man it sucks. :(  The pilot was bland too.  Easily the worst.

There was definitely an issue in 98 with over production and then the clearance floodgates opened and man you could get those for like $5 I think?  Kaybee and Hills...  TRU too I think?  Man I overbought during that.

Qui-Gon Jim:
Remember the $10 AT-ATs?

Jesse James:
Oh yes.  Should dig out what I have and sell.  He'll the BATAT is pretty pricey now too and they clearanced out fairly cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version