Author Topic: POTF2 Recent Purchases  (Read 59739 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
POTF2 Recent Purchases
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Hello there, as an adult collector I suppose most of you are still buying the potf2 figure you have missed in the late 90s. If you pick them at retail, briantoys, ebay, walmart or wherever you choose, this will be the opportunuty to regitrate our purchases and comment the likes on these potf2 depictions of classic characters.

So I was buying at retail during may and july some characters like

the classic stormie with commtech; at at driver which I liked a lot beacuse his combination of different gray shades for boots, suit, etc is superb and more definite than tlc or saga versions.

On previous years I got Thawn, death star trooper and the Jedi Duel tri pack.

I still want to get more potf2 characters and read about your findings.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: POTF2 Recent Purchases
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:29 PM »
I got a POTF stormtrooper for 25 cents couple months back and this weekend an R2 for 5 cents at yard sales. Lando for 50 cents, had his cape and I found a Dewback Sandtrooper rifle for him in the box he was in.

Also, an X-Wing missing the canopy and 3 laser guns for a buck. That and the landspeeder seem to be most common used finds as far as yard sale and flea markets go.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29 PM »
I got a POTF stormtrooper for 25 cents couple months back and this weekend an R2 for 5 cents at yard sales. Lando for 50 cents, had his cape and I found a Dewback Sandtrooper rifle for him in the box he was in.

Also, an X-Wing missing the canopy and 3 laser guns for a buck. That and the landspeeder seem to be most common used finds as far as yard sale and flea markets go.

Good to see that my collection is holding close to its original value.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I picked up another ASP-7 at the Pittsburgh Steel City Con a while back.  My army of cheap labor grows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 2, 2011, 11:40 PM »
I have some boxes of these stored away. I honestly can't remember which ones I have.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Pick today the Death Star Imperial Gunner at Star Wars Universo Expo in CAFAE

http://visorperu.com/expo-universo-star-wars-en-el-cafae-se

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2011, 11:11 PM »
I am acquiring some potf2 figures I missed during 1998 and 1999.
Picked up yesterday: Luke Skywalker with blast shield helmet, in the shop of my friend César Plasencia
in Lima Perú.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 2, 2012, 12:46 AM »
So following this registry, yesterday 1 / 2 / 2012 I bought POTF2 Jawa with Gonk Droid
from the commtech wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Nabbed myself yet another ASP-7 Droid at the local Toy Show earlier this month.  My streak continues but fewer and fewer are found at every new show I've noticed.  I'm causing the supply to dry up I guess.  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05 AM »
Nabbed myself yet another ASP-7 Droid at the local Toy Show earlier this month.  My streak continues but fewer and fewer are found at every new show I've noticed.  I'm causing the supply to dry up I guess.  :P

Hoe many are you up to?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:28 PM »
I have no clue J, but I've gotta do a head count...  literally, as I bought just an ASP-7 head too at that show in an accessory parts box.  the head will look ok in a diorama or something.

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 04:09 AM »
I've been having good luck on e-bay... I refuse to pay more than $6 shipped though since you never know what you're getting (condition wise).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 02:27 AM »
Continuing a streak that I think may go back as far as I have been attending the Pittsburgh Steel City Con, I picked up another ASP-7 Droid.

Why?  Why not, I say!

For some reason it's become a joke that at every show, I somehow get one.  One year all I got was the face to one, but I counted that as getting one.  It was like $.25, which I thought it was funny the guy charged me at all.

This year, mine was sort of free.  Part of a bundle I pulled off.  :)  Hooray for the labor pool of the galaxy!  I don't know how many I have, but when I start setting them up like they're doing something, they sure look like they're getting nothing accomplished.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Actually made it to one of those craigslist yard sales that said STAR WARS before anyone else (in the past I've shown up 30 minutes after the sale started to hear "we just sold all that..."). It was all POTF to Saga era stuff.

I got...

Loose:
Luke with Speeder bike
SCout Trooper with speeder bike
Rebel with Radar Laser cannon (i'm doing good on Hoth stuff this year)
Luke Imperial Guard disguise sans cape (i still had that bare neck, btw)
Boba Fett with giant deluxe jetpack minus missile
Han Solo with smuggler flight pack (never owned this one before)
Crowd Control Stormtrooper (missing claw)

Plus
Darth Maul episode 1 deluxe missing lightsaber (never had this one, it's goofy fun)
Jabba the Hutt deluxe minus gong and Bode/Feed (never owned him, either)
MOC Destroy Droid
MOC dirty Battle Droid
MOC clean Battle Droid

All for $15...I made them an offer...I cheaped out. LOL.

Some kid showed up and start picking out some figures for $4 each or 3 for 10. Yeah, its funny that kid's going be enjoying figures, some over twice as old as himself...ones that have been largely adandoned by adult collectors for newer versions. Will POTF2 MOC wind up being rare because they were all sold 15 years later to kids who opened them?  ??? Probably not.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:06 PM by scockery »

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 01:22 AM »
Will POTF2 MOC wind up being rare because they were all sold 15 years later to kids who opened them?  ??? Probably not.

That and collectors who open to make more room and to more easily display their figures.

I find that it's hard to find great condition cards... if anything those will/are the rarest of finds to be found cheap... it's getting harder to find POTF2 red cards that are in amazing shape (for a good deal).