Author Topic: Lego 2012  (Read 32710 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2012, 12:06 PM »
My Target reset their LEGO aisle and saw a bunch of new stuff - just none of the SW stuff.  New Y-Wing is $15?  Neat I think.  Didn't see any place holders for them, but the lastest LEGO catalog had the mini planet sets @$9.99 so that ain't too bad.  Also so the new girl branded brick stuff.  Wonder how well that stuff will sell?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 4, 2012, 03:26 PM »
No pics,

LEGO 9526-1: Palpatine's Arrest

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9526-1

LEGO 9525-1: Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9525-1

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Found the new Anakin Jedi Interceptor today at Target and also saw/read that there is a new MINI Anakin Podracer at TRU
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Picked up the mini Planet sets (Death Star, Naboo, Tatooine) at TRU on Friday.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18 AM »

How much at TRU ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28 AM »

How much at TRU ?

$11.99
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:19 PM »
The new X-Wing looks as though R2-D2 fits in sideways like many of the recent sets.  I wish they would go back to making the models in which the astromech droids fit in straight.  But I do like how The Anakin Jedi Starfighter looks.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01 AM »
One local Wal-Mart has the price tags up on the shelves finally, but still no new sets. I'm getting antsy!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Stopped by the LEGO Store at the mall today while I was there running an errand and they had all the new SW sets out, the first I had seen of them. I grabbed my first of what will be many of the Endor Trooper packs.

Good stuff so far. The Imperials now have Jango looking faces on their "regular" heads (think the 30AC Stormtrooper) and the Endor Rebel outfits/heads are both different, so you can headswap 2 sets and have 4 different soldiers. I actually bought some extra Hoth Rebel sets about a month ago in preparation of making some Rebel Trooper headswaps, so that was cool to see.

Can't wait to pick up the rest of the sets
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 09:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLlfvgizZU

Man that Jabba's Palace Look Amazing!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 04:38 PM »
10 more years of Lego...I guess they like that more than KreO :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Between Lego and Sideshow, they're maybe the two licensees that I feel handle their business the best.  Lego isn't cheap, but it's at least routinely on sale.  And it appeals very widely to not just kids, but collectors as well.  There's such a mini-fig market out there that it's a real shame Hasbro fought them on that issue back when they were doing simply just figures.

Still, they've got a semi-loophole around it and fans who just want figures can pretty much just get figures.  It's just always slow going it seems, to get them (a couple sets a year, nothing too broad).

Very glad Lego Star Wars is here for a while.  I don't even buy a lot of Lego anymore but I'm always giddy to see what they're doing regardless.

Also when I was at the Lego event here in Pittsburgh this past year, the sheer number of Lego Star Wars fanatics I saw was just really nice.  Tons of kids running around in shirts with little Lego Vaders on them and stuff.  It was great.  Wish there was almost more of a focus on the themed Lego sets then, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49 PM »
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:49 PM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 04:09 PM »
It is nice to see LEGO re-up their contract for Star Wars.  I really just got into LEGOs more over the past year and a half, and can only afford to pick up a set here or there right now.  Like Jesse said, it does seem like they just handle things so well, and now they are picking up more licenses that are interesting (LOTR, Marvel, etc.)  I don't know all the ins and outs of LEGO collecting, but it seems like generally you don't see a lot of the "what is LEGO doing?" type comments that you often see with the Hasbro line(s), so they do seem to keep their customers happy.

Another thing I think is nice about LEGO is that you don't necessarily have to buy a set the first time you see it or risk missing it entirely.  It seems like most everything is available for quite some time, and you can wait for the sales that places like TRU and Target seem to have somewhat regularly.  I only have a few sets (Falcon for Christmas, and then the X-Wing and Landspeeder sets from the past couple years), but I hope to pick up more as the budget allows.  I stick to OT only with these, but there is a lot of neat stuff out there.  I could see having one heck of a set up if it was the only thing you collected.  That's another problem (at least for me), having somewhere to put this stuff once you're done putting it together :).