(1/4) > >>

Scott:
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

Scott:
Yeah I know...I've been really busy this summer :P

I only ever had two ROTJ figures as a kid.   One was Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) and the other was Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit).  I bought the first one, my mom for some reason bought me the other one even though I already had one.   I was well on to GI Joe and He Man at the time and Star Wars was pretty much over for me until the Zahn novels came out in the early 90's.

I still have one of my originals...

I sort of cheated on this one too...as the recent Jedi Luke really isn't the most accurate depiction of Jabba Palace Luke, I figure the upcoming Deleted Scene Luke will work just fine for this one.  You throw a cape on from one of the previous releases and you really can't tell the difference

I also considered the Legacy Wave 1 Luke with the head wrap but I passed

Matt_Fury:
I think the modern Vintage Luke is great!  I only wish he had come with a cape.  I understand that that particular Luke is for the scenes with the Emperor...but I still think it would've been a nice hat tip to Vintage.

Speaking of Vintage Luke Jedi...wasn't their a variant with a blue saber?

Jesse James:
Indeed there was.  The blue saber costst more...  There are other variations too, but the blue saber is probably most well known.  Kinda like Yoda's snake variations.

Jedi Luke was great...  A Luke that could hold a pistol, I loved it.  My Bespins were hand-me-downs and I hated the goofy blonde hair on the Bespin Luke figures I got.

I loved my vinty figure though...   I still need to track the saber variation down for a price I find acceptable.

For modern figures, it just varies to me as to what's good or what isn't...  We've gotten so many Jedi Lukes lately...  Sure you cheated on this some Scott, but I think it's a good choice.  I think that new LUke will inevitably see reissue as a JP version...  I honestly wasn't horrified by the previous Jedi Lukes we've gotten though.  I even liked the removable chest plate one others hate.  I liked the innovative nature of the chest piece.  I totally expect variations of the TVC Luke though at some point. 

It's pure awesome for articulation too...  Every pose you could think of is attainable, saber hilt, and so on.  Very cool figure.

Diddly:
Love the new TVC Luke. I'm bummed I bought every Jedi Luke for 5+ years hoping it would be the perfect one only to end up disappointed. I thought the Sandstorm Luke from 08 was better than the monkey armed Luke we got in 09 Legacy.

Oh, TVC Luke plus the tan vest from the Commtech Greedo equals near perfect Shadows of the Empire Luke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version