Author Topic: Target Vintage Collection Luke's TaunTaun  (Read 23173 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Target Vintage Collection Luke's TaunTaun
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 05:23 PM »
BTW - All 3 exclusives are great, the only complaint I have is the color of Han's coat. I am going to experiment via pop and swap.

Yeah - I had hoped it would match the current Legends Hoth Han coat in color a bit more, that way, you could buy that figure and put the "hood-up" head on the body.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 05:35 PM »
What a bunch of dicks.  If someone were openly gloating on that here I think we'd seriously just consider banning their account for it.

Right on. 

Swapping has gotten so bad, screw those people.  They are the worst segment of collector around.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Yeah it's worse here too CHEWIE.  I see it way too often.  Jimree just sent me a pic recently of a particularly pathetic swap but one that distinctly reminded me of something someone did at my nearest K-Mart. 

I suspect if I hadn't gotten Wave 9 there, I'd be seeing Wave 9 figures remvoed and candy bits or POTF2 figures put in their place.

It's one reason I sometimes just roll my eyes at the hobby at large.  If you can't afford it, seriously, just quit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26 PM »
It's one reason I sometimes just roll my eyes at the hobby at large.  If you can't afford it, seriously, just quit.

Agreed.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 08:38 AM »
Is there any sculptural difference between Luke's Taun-Taun and Han's Taun-Taun aside from the broken tusk? I'm considering just buying two of the Han pack and customizing one to make Luke's. For that price, I might as well get two extra figures.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 08:52 AM »
For 25 dollars the Taun Taun and the Landspeeder seem overpriced. Especially since they dont come with at least one figure. At best they look to me good Diorama pieces. I will certainly be taking a pass on both of these. But I will add that they both do look great for what they are.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Is there any sculptural difference between Luke's Taun-Taun and Han's Taun-Taun aside from the broken tusk? I'm considering just buying two of the Han pack and customizing one to make Luke's. For that price, I might as well get two extra figures.

good idea

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 01:08 PM »
No sculpt differences other than the broken tusk- though the paint apps are a little different.  I think the appeal of the Luke Tauntaun is the box though; if that doesn't interest you, definitely go the BP route for the second one!  Check out the BP thread for some pics I just posted  :)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 03:48 PM »
So let me get this straight. For $24 you can have a TaunTaun with broken tusk or a TaunTaun without broken tusk, a Han figure and a rebel soldier?  At the same store? Someone is not thinking here.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 03:54 PM »
So let me get this straight. For $24 you can have a TaunTaun with broken tusk or a TaunTaun without broken tusk, a Han figure and a rebel soldier?  At the same store? Someone is not thinking here.

No they aren't and unfortunately, it will probably be "corrected" by raising the price of the Search for Luke Battlepack. Although, $25 for that set is IMHO a fair if not still slightly high price, especially when compared to the Droid Attack on the Coronet Battlepack - which was the assassin spider droid, three mini-spider droids and two clonetroopers and is (or was) only $22.

The argument could be made that there's more plastic in the Tauntaun than the Spider Droid, so the $3 price difference is okay.

But the Vintage one is hoping to sell purely on the good will of the Vintage package, be needed my insane completists like myself or bought by confused parents who think that ALL of the figures shown on the box are somehow stuffed inside.
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 03:58 PM »
It could also be that there is a "sale" planned for these exclusives and they have an over-inflated price now to offset the "sale price" later.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Seeing as how they are exclusive to Target they can definitely mark up the price without having to worry about people getting them somewhere else at a more reasonable cost. But the box cover art is absolutely misleading and I also suspect that many ignorant parents will pick these up this Christmas thinking they are getting more for their dollar.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12 PM »

Watch Hasbro try to pass that off with "Oh, well the TVC packaging cost more" and/or "We don't control pricing, our retail partners do".

Be that as it may, both responses are unacceptable.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:12 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Solution. Buy both sets. Swap Han's Taun-Taun for Luke's, and return "Luke's Taun Taun" to the store. Parents/kids won't notice a cracked tusk, and collectors who get the wrong beast will merely return it  to the store.

Okay, that's wrong... ;) But it really wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't happened already.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:45 PM by scockery »

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52 PM »
It really isn't that serious guys. Buy the damn thing or don't, to suggest swapping is insanity. As a collector I don't want to waste extra time to return or exchange something I assumed was untampered with because of some jerks thievery. Do or do not, there is no try!