Author Topic: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll  (Read 48601 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Just a reminder on the 2009 Poll

1) Bastila Shan 10.6%
10) Bariss Offee 3.5%
11) Weequay Skiff Master  3.5%

16) Rebel Fleet Trooper  2.4%
17) Bom Rimdin  2.4%

20) Grand Moff Torkin  2.1%
21) Ben-Quadinaros  2.1%
22) Darth Sidious  1.9%
28) Dr. Evazan  1%

2) Jocasta Nu 10%
3) Darth Caedus  8%
4) Darth Plageuis  7.9%
5) Jaxxon  4%
6) Admiral Pellaeon  3.7%
7) Dash Rendar  3.7%
8 ) Guri  3.6%
9) Dorme  3.5%
12) Tzizvvt  2.9%
13) Kittster and Wald 2.8%
14) Toryn Farr  2.6%
15) Cane Adiss  2.4%
18) Cliegg Lars  2.3%
19) Joruus C’Baoth  2.3%
23) Queen Apailana  1.8%
24) Tey How  1.8%
25) Sim Aloo  1.7%
26) Sgt. Doallyn  1.5%
27) Taym Dren-Garen  1.3%
29) Corde  0.8%
30) Queen Jamilla  0.7%

I still call bull**** that Jamilla and Apailana made those lists...IIRC there was similar multi site voting for them by a small group of people similar to this round
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:35 AM by Scott »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I think the eventual Darth Plagueis release will move sculptors to release young Palpatine sith apprentice action figure the sooner as possible.

Is like Bastilla case, she came when Revan and Malak already existes in plastic.

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Coreplanets

Cliegg Lars
Darth Plageuis
Cane Adiss
Imperial Scanning Trooper #2
Tarful
Emperor w/ throne
Jocosta Nu
Mara Jade Skywalker
Worrt
Sy Snootles (1983)
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Morning update...

22 sites are included in the summary below:  Jedi Defender, Rebelscum, Han's Hideout, Yak Face, Bantha Skull, Jedi Temple Archives, Collector's Cantina, Droids and Ewoks, Echo Base News, Jedi Insider, Sir Steve's Guide, Snowtroopers, Jedi News, Mousedroid, Sandtroopers, SW Collector, Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de, Yoda's News, Allspark, Imperial Shipyards, Dewback Patrol, and Coreplanets.

3 sites (that we know of) are still missing - SW Action News, Action Figure Insider, and Toyark.  Again, if you know of a site with results please post or send me a PM and we can add their results into the mix!

NOTE:  this is not scientific or official by any stretch, just one stat nerd's attempt to figure out who the top twenty will be for the pure speculation/fun of it.  ;)

With that, I give to you The unofficial Fans' Choice Top 20 (so far):

109   Jocasta Nu
72   Toryn Farr
65   Sergeant Doallyn
59   Darth Plagueis
50   Cliegg Lars
45   Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)
38   Saelt-Marae (a.k.a. Yak Face)
32   Nikto Guard (Vintage Deco)
30   Nute Gunray (RotS)
27   Mosep
24   Jaxxon
24   Tzivvzt
23   Captain/Admiral Piett
23   Guri
19   Mara Jade Skywalker
18   Emperor Palpatine (RotJ)
18   Princess Kneesaa
17   Noghri Warrior
15   Death Squad Commander (Vintage)
15   Joruus C'baoth

Please see the updated results on the next page!
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 04:20 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Fozec dropped - no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 10:25 AM »
I should note a few irregularities in the poll... 

Mara Jade Skywalker.  For the purposes of my combo poll, and in the interest of trying to act as Hasbro does, I combined all votes for her into one.  I think technically some sites are voting for "Emperor's Hand Mara" while others are voting strictly for "Mara Skywalker".  I'm fairly confident that Hasbro will just combine them and pick the version they want, but she will probably drop out of the top twenty if you separate out the two versions.

And RotJ Palpatine has snuck his way into the top 20 now.  A lot of site results said "Palpatine with Throne", but Hasbro specifically said the winner has to fit on a Vintage card and there is no way they will get a throne on a basic vintage card.  So, either they will drop the throne part and leave RotJ Palps up for voting, or they will drop him altogether since "Palpatine with Throne" is too big.

Anyway, just two little things that could still switch things up at the bottom of the list...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:26 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 10:34 AM »
The Noghri and Kneesaa have also been confirmed via Q&A a few times...they might not make the final list either.

IIRC last time, the final list and the guessed list were a little off based on previous Hasbro confirmations

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41 AM »
My only real hope for the upcoming Fans Choice vote is that Hasbro confirms which characters on the top twenty list are coming out anyway, so we dont waste votes on confirmed characters. My top choice is Kneesaa, but since she is semi-confirmed, I hope we get a solid confirmation from Hasbro that they are going to release an Ewok exclusive pack containing her - so I and others can use our votes on other characters...

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Anyone know of any other sites that had polls? Or the results from the ones I don't have?

I updated your post with Dewback Patrol and Jedi Insider. ;)
Thanks. I can't believe I forgot JI since I'm the one that was in charge of it over there.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Thanks for compiling all of this info here guys, it is interesting to read through.  I guess it is just the point we are at with this line after so many years, but man there are a lot of characters on those lists I could care less about.  But, at the same time, I understand everything has its own fanbase.  I don't expect the Fan's Choice lists to be Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, Chewie, Vader, etc.  Overall, I'm hoping for anything that is from the movies, hopefully the OT, but either would be ok.

As far as the Jocasta Nu thing goes, it does seem a bit fishy to me too.  Like others have said, I'd buy her too if she gets released, but outside of her being an un-made character from the movies I can't think of a much more boring action figure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I'm surprised by the number of sites that submitted Nikto (5, assuming they're all vintage deco) and Nute Gunray (also 5).  I think I posted over on RS that it feels like there are a few sites that share a lot of the same members and those members used this poll to push characters up the lists that don't necessarily belong there.  Any time more than one Neimoidian makes one of these polls I have to call it suspect.

There are more Neimodian fans out there than you think. :P

I don't see why Nute Gunray doesn't belong there.

There was also no rule that said we couldn't submit our votes to every site, that's actually what you should do.

I did on all the sites I knew that were doing it, Gunray was my #1 on all the ones I did too.

You were actually one of the people I noticed on a couple sites and assumed had a hand in getting Rune and Tey on some of the lists.  Historically the Neimoidian characters haven't been good sellers and there's a reason we haven't seen more.  For good or bad, there's probably already a good shot at Rune next year for the TPM release anyway. 

And yes, while there's no rule about going to various websites and submitting your wants, like I said, on RS or here it's diluted somewhat, but on a smaller forum where they're getting 10 or 13 total participants, it's easier to get a character into the top 10.  That can make it look like a character has more buzz than he really does.  But they'll get weeded out when only the top 20 get into the Insider poll and the wider fan base gets to vote.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 04:00 PM »
I posted this on RS, but I pulled some numbers together from the poll so far.  Things that I think are interesting so I figured I post them.

With the 22 sites reported so far, I have 105 unique characters with 77 being all new and 28 being updates (for figs released from 1995-2011).  I combined the Mara Jade votes as well as all the Nikto entries, dropped the Palpatine w/ chair and just went with one ROTJ Palpatine entry.

The 10 most frequently submitted characters (Counted Admiral and Captain/Admiral Piett together):

Jocasta Nu   13
Toryn Farr   10
Cliegg Lars   9
Darth Plagueis   8
Sergeant Doallyn   8
Sim Aloo   8
Nikto   6
Yakface   6
Captain/Admiral Piett   5
Nute Gunray   5

The counts by origin:

EU   40
ROTJ   24
ANH   11
TCW   8
TESB   8
AOTC   7
ROTS   4
TPM   3

For the EU characters, their origins are:

Book   16
Game   13
Comic   6
TV   5

The EU sources:

Heir to the Empire   6
Old Republic, The   6
Knights of the Old Republic   4
Droids   2
Force Unleashed, The   2
Knights of the Old Republic II   2
Legacy   2
Marvel Star Wars   2
Shadows of the Empire   2
Caravan of Courage   1
Dark Forces   1
Ewoks   1
Holiday Special   1
Jedi Search   1
Omega Squad   1
Republic Commando   1
Revenge of the Sith   1
Sacrifice   1
Splinter of the Mind's Eye   1
Tag & Bink   1
Young Jedi Knights   1

I find it interesting that there are 6 requests from The Old Republic already, and the game isn't even out yet.  The KotOR entries are for both the game and the comic.  Zayne Carrick, for example, is a comic character, but still included in the KotOR count.  The EU Source was all based on first appearance so that's why Tag & Bink show up, that's the FA for Darth Plagueis.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I find it interesting that there are 6 requests from The Old Republic already, and the game isn't even out yet.
All six of those are from Imperial Shipyard's list.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Hasbro did comfirm to us that either Ree Yees or Yakface was coming in 2012...looks like most people assume that it is Ree Yees :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Wow! We must be down to the dregs when an old woman librarian wins the fan choice poll. I think we need a new Boshek.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours