Author Topic: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll  (Read 48610 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Normally I wouldn't campaign against a character but after the discussions over on the otheR Site the last time we had the Fans' Choice Poll, and after looking him up because I had no idea who the hell he was, I'm really soured on him to the point I wouldn't buy him if they made him and I think he'd be a waste of resources and space in a future wave.

The discussion that ticked me off was basically that a guy in a jumpsuit with a fly head, a character based on a beast of burden and two giraffe necks on a stick were somehow must-haves in figure form but a green bunny in a space suit was somehow completely out of bounds and anyone that liked him was off their rocker.  Because of that, my nerdrage now knows no bounds.  >:D

A vote for Jaxxon is a vote for all that is good and fair in Star Wars fandom!  Long live the green bunny!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 07:15 PM »
But that was at the otheR Site... I think we're more tolerant of peoples' likes here.

I'm all for Jaxxon and other EU stuff. I won't buy it personally, because I don't get into it, but I'm happy for those that do get something they enjoy. And I really enjoy the Cantina and Jabba's Palace figures, no matter how obsure they are. Of course, I love all the outfits that Padme wore, too, despite how some people think they might think they're boring.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31 PM »
But that was at the otheR Site... I think we're more tolerant of peoples' likes here.

I'm all for Jaxxon and other EU stuff. I won't buy it personally, because I don't get into it, but I'm happy for those that do get something they enjoy. And I really enjoy the Cantina and Jabba's Palace figures, no matter how obsure they are. Of course, I love all the outfits that Padme wore, too, despite how some people think they might think they're boring.

Agreed - I can see merit to both Jaxxon for the folks who really love the old Marvel Star Wars comics from the 80s - and I can totally see how one of the characters, like Tzizvvt, who was given a back-story courtesy of the "What's the Story" Hyperspace contest, would/could be desired by some just as much as characters like Bane Malar, Janus Greejatus, Pax Bonkik, Grizz Frix, E-3PO, Lushros Dofine, Wol Cabasshite and last, but not least Willrow Hood.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2011, 07:50 PM »
The discussion that ticked me off was basically that a guy in a jumpsuit with a fly head, a character based on a beast of burden and two giraffe necks on a stick were somehow must-haves in figure form but a green bunny in a space suit was somehow completely out of bounds and anyone that liked him was off their rocker.  Because of that, my nerdrage now knows no bounds.  >:D

Oh ok, now I see where it's coming from...  Like Siddy said though, that was the OtheR Site. ;)  I'm for whatever anyone honestly wants...  ICMG is touted as a "joke" to some douches, but the reality is that we wanted him.  Scott wanted him, so did I, and to me he's no joke.  Jocasta Nu isn't a joke to some, and Jaxxon isn't a joke either...  Neither's Tizvizizizizizizizit to me though...  It's all in what you want, piss on what some newbies over at another forum think. 

That's the one dumb thing that comes from Fan's Choice Polls.  The "vehement" campaigning becomes almost nausea-inducing.  Guys start insulting other people's choices, people start trying to say "this is more worthy than that!" type rhetoric...  Not much on the list was awe-inspiring, or easy for EVERYONE to jump behind to me, but some are better than others I think.  Others are more likely than some (repaints or minor retooling/upgrades)...  I have my basis for what I want or don't want to vote for ultimately.

I wanted the RFT...  A LONG time, I didn't get as much support for that and got chastised by some because what we had was "good enough".  If people want it they want it, so I'm happy for people to get the stuff they want since I've gotten a bit of what I want (especially in the last 6 years or so). 

I get now where the anger comes from E.  All I can say is "consider the source" there.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48 AM »
Dont they already have Kneesa sculpted? I knowi really want her but if she is soming out anyway...

There is Sim Aloo as well but i assume hasbro will eventually finish the vintage figures. Very hard to pick.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Vote yet?

Chop chop people...  Myself, I'm a Mosep man, but Tzzvzzvzzvzzzvzzzit intrigues me too. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2011, 07:59 PM »
I voted for the giant rabbit! 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 02:24 AM »
Voted Guri... totally forgot this was even going on
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 02:49 AM »
Torryn Far got my vote.
"This is the way."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Guri got my vote too. (I also want a new Dash Rendar)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16 AM »
I don't see why they need my email address to cast a vote. So I will not be participating. Sorry, Kneesa!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24 AM »
I don't see why they need my email address to cast a vote. So I will not be participating. Sorry, Kneesa!

pretty sure it is just for tracking purposes.

And you dont have an email account for all of your junk to go to?  I have like 4 email accounts!  lol

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27 AM »
They probably don't want ballot-stuffing from the same person (though if you have 4 accounts, you can do it  ;) )

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2011, 01:13 PM »
I voted for Toyrn Farr.  I'd love to see them finally get to her.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Last minute guesses?   I'm going to guess Jocasta Nu had enough ballot stuffing to win