Author Topic: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll  (Read 48692 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2011 Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2011, 07:08 PM »
I voted for Toryn Farr.  I don't really want to wait until 2016 or whatever, so let's see some support people!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2011, 02:08 AM »
This was a little tricky -- do I choose my definite #1 wanted figure, or do I select a figure that is more obscure and less likely to get made without a poll like this?  It was between Nikto (my #1) or Joruus C'baoth (from the amazing Thrawn Trilogy)...

My desire for the vintage Nikto won in the end.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2011, 04:30 PM »
I'm really hopeful the Noghri is "on tap" and that's why he failed to make the cut.  I've wanted a Noghri since 1993, and Hasbro showing a prototype really got me geeked.  I want to see that make it to retail in one capacity or another.

The only on that list I don't care if I ever get are Jocasta Nu and Princess Kneesa, Nute Gunray (though he'd be ok, but just not big on my list), and Mara Jade (I'm happy with what I have of her).  Maybe Guri too...  Female EU characters are just meh, fanboy fantasy stuff sometimes to me.

I'm a big Tzivizizizizizizit guy, Mosep, torryn Far, and others.  Tzz and Mosep are my top 2 though I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2011, 04:53 PM »
There are several on here that I don't care if they ever get made or not.  In the end I voted for the grey Death Squad Commander.  Some I just assume they will be made some day.  Some I just don't care if they do get made.  I'm not to sure the DS Cmdr will ever get made.  I can't customize worth a crap and hopefully they would make a new sculpt for him.  I am hoping if he were to be made that he would wind up on a vintage cardback.  I do go for the cardbacks so that was factored into the final vote.  I don't know if whatever figure wins what card it would end up on?  I almost went for Lars, Farr, or Cliegg Lars though. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Despite the fact that I really, really, really want a new Yakface and a Palpatine with throne, I cast my vote for the unlikely Mosep. I figure he needed the help.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2011, 06:51 PM »
I think this also pretty much confirms that Ree Yees is coming next year and not Yakface per the HH Q&A from last year

I voted for Doallyn

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49 PM »
I'm thinking Yakface will show up without any help from voters sooner or later. i voted for Tzzzvzzt, just cuz I think he's kooky and seems like one of the less likely Cantina dudes to come out.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 10:56 PM »
2009 List on the 2011 List

Captain/Admiral Pellaeon
Cliegg Lars
Darth Plagueis
Guri
Jaxxon
Jocasta Nu
Joruus C'baoth
Sergeant Doallyn
Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)
Toryn Farr
Tzivvzt

2009 List not on the 2011 List

Cane Adiss
Darth Caedrus
Dash Rendar
Dorme
Grand Moff Tarkin
Kister and Wald
Queen Apailana
Queen Jamillia
Taym Dren-Garen
Tey How

Also...JD did alright

Made it:

01. Sergeant Doallyn
02. Toryn Farr
04. Mosep
05. Tzivvzt
06. Cliegg Lars
08. Sim Aloo
09. Vintage Nikto

Didn't

03. Retah/Wompus
07. Bannis Keeg
10. Fozec

According to Jeff's list, Bannis and Fozec just missed the cut

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2011, 03:09 PM »
I voted for Mosep!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2011, 03:24 PM »
I was scratching my head with this vote.  In the end I decided to vote on the most obscure character on the list that probably will never get made without a fan's choice pull to put him through.  I voted Jaxxon - and admittedly I don't even know much about the character.

I just figured pretty much most others on that list have a decent shot at being made without having to win the poll to make it happen.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2011, 06:08 PM »
I have NOT voted yet but I'm leaning towards Mosep or Tizz...  Though Scott has me thinking Doallyn too.  They're probably my most interested 3 right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I've split my votes between Jaxxon and Mosep....er....I mean I've only voted once and it was for Jaxxon.  8)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Might as well vote for the giant rabbit.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 01:31 PM »
If they held a vote for which character should NEVER be made, I'd go to every computer in my office to cast a vote for Tzivvzt.

As it is, I voted for Jaxxon.

On the topic of who made the list and who seems to have been cut.  When it comes to the Gella sisters, I'm wondering if Hasbro dropped them not so much because they're already on the way (but we do know they're on Hasbro's radar) but because they know we really want both and they don't want to do a 2-pack.  Also, it was mentioned that the order from the Lichtgeschwindigkeit website may have been publicized differently than was submitted making the points harder to tally.

I do think the Noghri got dropped because he's already in the works.  It doesn't make much sense otherwise.

But unless another couple sites submitted lists that we don't know about, I have no idea how Pellaeon made it into the top 20.  At least Cane Adiss didn't make the list, and by my count he finished ahead of Pellaeon.  Adiss would also make my Never to be Made list given the opportunity.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I don't think I'd ever dump on a figure that got made really...  Tzzvizit is really one that I'd actually like to have, but I'd take every character from the Cantina if they offered them.  Every human, every weirdo, every alien, and every piece of the Cantina itself.  I just would be really happy to get any of it.

To me, Tzzvizitizazizirzizit is so weird, he's actually one of the better Cantina choices.  They've gotten to a lot of the more strange and "in demand" aliens like Arcona, Duros, etc.  Mosep's also high on my list though too.  Beyond that I'm more into humans, which I doubt many want, but there's some there I'd like like to see like Danz Borin, Yerka Mig, and my favorite, Garrouf Lafoe...  Love the Cantina Snitch.

Plus, Cantina/JP are proven track records where Hasbro has said they aren't "kid-oriented" at all, get the shorter production run, etc.  They seem like the ideal for the polling like this ultimately.

For me, it's like Jocasta Nu...  If they make her, I'll buy her, but I have absolutely no interest in her ever being made and I'll be quite happy with the line if she doesn't get a figure.  But, I won't campaign against her either ultimately.  I just think she's a waste of space, even with lines in the movie.  There's a few like that to me...  Ultimately, I'd probably put Frozec in there too (Sorry Scott)...  Then again I'd buy Jaxxon too, even though I have no clue about him in the EU, and the design is quite silly.  I'd still buy it if they made it, but I'll not really put my weight behind getting it made though, haha.  ;D 

I figure if enough people want something to get it (legitimately) through a poll though, that's cool.  I've always got the chance to just pass on whatever it is too, if it's too crummy.  Plus let's face it, a lot of the figures will probably get done off the list. :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:08 PM by Jesse James »