Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47532 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I think you can put a fork in the Bears...  Reports are that Cutler broke the thumb on his throwing hand in yesterday's game.  I don't like their chances with Haine at the helm instead of Cutler.

Yeah, he's out 6-8 weeks.  Ouch.  Bummer for Bears fan, especially after he had such a good outing yesterday.

The real question is - will the Packers go undefeated?  I have a bad feeling about Thursday...that will be their third game in 11 days and they were already looking tired yesterday.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09 AM »
I'd be less worried about winning and more worried that Rodgers survives the afternoon...  the way some of those Lions are playing, I don't think they'd think twice about cheap-shotting Rodgers if they get the chance.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I'd be less worried about winning and more worried that Rodgers survives the afternoon...  the way some of those Lions are playing, I don't think they'd think twice about cheap-shotting Rodgers if they get the chance.  :-\

Have to agree, I am a bit worried about that.  Especially with Rogers' penchant for running.  Hopefully they can get out to an early lead and work to keep the pressure off of him.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2011, 01:34 PM »
I wouldn't call them dirty, but rather a tough defense.  I think the NFL has been way too quick to fine a lot of guys this year for just hitting hard.

For crying out,loud...this isn't flag football!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2011, 02:29 PM »
I wouldn't call them dirty, but rather a tough defense.  I think the NFL has been way too quick to fine a lot of guys this year for just hitting hard.

For crying out,loud...this isn't flag football!

Seconded...  And they've been incredibly inconsistant about it as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2011, 06:23 PM »
After seeing that disgusting display by that POS Suh today, I don't say how anyone can not say they aren't dirty. That was dirty, cheap, and complete garbage.

EXACT same thing as Haynesworth stomping Gurode, minus the stiches.

Punk ass bitch.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Now that was dirty.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2011, 09:06 PM »
EXACT same thing as Haynesworth stomping Gurode, minus the stiches.

But with the added bonus of slamming the guy's head into the ground a few times.  I wanted Suh to end up in Tampa pretty badly, but he arguably took his team right out of the game today.  The worst part about his dirty play is the I'm innocent routine he gives after every shining example.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32 PM »
I think the game was out of hand before Suh's antics.  That was crazy stuff - I can't remember the last time I saw someone ejected from a game.  I haven't seen the Lions play much before today, but I can see why they're getting a bad rap with crap like that.  I'm glad he got called on it and got ejected versus just a fine or a flag - maybe that's enough to get through to him. 

And the Packers are STILL undefeated.  Unbelievable.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2011, 11:37 PM »
The worst part about his dirty play is the I'm innocent routine he gives after every shining example.

And then he goes and says that the Man Above knows he's not guilty. Seriously? I guess he wants the headines like Tebow does, but I guess he should be doing kind things and not stomping on arms and slamming heads to the turf wishing harm on an opponent.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2011, 12:51 AM »
I'm not going to rush to Suh's defense here, but if you look at the the entire play, he was bent backwards, and that's a dirty tacticto take a defensive player out of the game.  The stomp happened after he was walking away, and I can understand emotions running a little high.

That being said, the money he's making, he knows he needs to be on the field and should be professional and just walk away.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2011, 01:58 AM »
I'm not going to rush to Suh's defense here, but if you look at the the entire play, he was bent backwards, and that's a dirty tacticto take a defensive player out of the game.  The stomp happened after he was walking away, and I can understand emotions running a little high.

You're kidding right?  Watch the play again on Youtube.  He is shoving a guys head into the turf repeatedly.  Then when he's finally moving away he ALSO stomps the guy in the chest/arm.  I don't care who he is or what happened before that or during the play (though I didn't see anything that the PAckers did to him), that's ridiculous behavior for a 5yr old let alone a professional football player.  I'd even be willing to give him a break if this was a first time thing, but the guy was already being credited as the leagues dirtiest player prior to the game.

Just read his post-game response to the incident.  Suh claims he was just trying to stand up and others were pushing him, that's why it looked like he was pushing a helmet down.  He has no clue.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2011, 02:06 AM »

That being said, the money he's making, he knows he needs to be on the field and should be professional and just walk away.

Eh... guys get contorted all the time in piles and they get stuck under players and bent backwards frequently, and it's rarely on purpose.  Slamming a guy's head into the ground then stomping on him for good measure on the other hand is intentional.  Suh's been in the league less than two seasons and has a hefty resume of dirty plays.  He's earned the reputation.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18 AM »
Suh's antics and post game "excuse" are laughable. 

Somewhere James Harrison is happy... Roger Goddell has a new "Target".

Sorry I am late to the dog pile...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Sorry I am late to the dog pile...

Kinda like Suh, but he wouldn't have apologized.