Author Topic: NFL 2011-2012  (Read 47642 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011-2012
« Reply #90 on: December 1, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I think that would be hilarious. If teams think you're so bad they will let you go and end up on a team in the same division twice. Ha ha.

Now that I'm done laughing. I'm crying. Why did the Vikings sign him?
« Last Edit: December 1, 2011, 03:03 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 1, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Pretty good track record for the Vikes.  Who are they going to go after next year?  They tried a WR and QB...maybe Brian Westbrook?  He's got to be worth a few early draft picks. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 1, 2011, 05:20 PM »
LOL, the fact the Skins even got a draft pick for him is freaking amazing. Nice job, Bruce!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 1, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Pretty good track record for the Vikes.  Who are they going to go after next year?  They tried a WR and QB...maybe Brian Westbrook?  He's got to be worth a few early draft picks.

Two former Eagles in a row?

Nah, we gotta get the old guys: Favre, McNabb, who's close to retiring? Maybe Kurt Warner could come out of retirement?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 1, 2011, 06:21 PM »
I would say Peyton Manning, but he's probably still got some gas left in the tank.

I think the Vikes will be happy with Ponder for the near future, so if they want to continue the trend, it has to be at another position.  Maybe they can spend a few picks to get Chester Taylor back?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 1, 2011, 06:31 PM »
I would say Peyton Manning, but he's probably still got some gas left in the tank.

I think the Vikes will be happy with Ponder for the near future, so if they want to continue the trend, it has to be at another position.  Maybe they can spend a few picks to get Chester Taylor back?

Yeah, I thought about Peyton, but I agree, he's got some time before going to the farm. I don't know the Vikings well enough this year to know what to do. Being in exile doesn't help when your only choices are the Jets, Giants, Bills and Pats. It does look like Jared Allen is doing better than last year getting to QBs... at least from the games in which I've seen him play.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 4, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Congrats on the Pack on another win. The NFC East has an 0-4 weekend. Vikings looked decent for once.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #97 on: December 5, 2011, 12:19 AM »
I saw the game (I do live in Broncos Country afterall) and whoever was calling the plays needs a swift kick in the ass.  They kept trying to do the same thing over and over.  Tebow doesn't have the arm of an Eli Manning or a Tom Brady...stop trying to have him throw it all the way down the field.  Establish a good run game (easy enough with Moreno and Tebow) then set up play action and screens.

Shore up the defense a bit, and the Broncos could win the division.

lol

You were saying?   :D

As far as the Giants vs Packers.  Giants played a hell of a game (I could only watch ply-by-play online so didn't see the actual game).  If the giants win out the rest of their season (beat the Cowboys twice, Jets on Christmas Eve, and the Redskins), they would most likely win the division and the get into the playoffs.

New Orleans seems impossible to beat at home, but I would bet that the Giants could beat the Packers if they played again.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 5, 2011, 09:40 AM »
I'll admit when it's time to eat crow!

I guess you can never underestimate the power of Jebus.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 6, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Can't believe there isn't more talk about the Packers going undefeated this season.  The Giants were the only tough team left on the schedule...should be a cakewalk from here on out.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 6, 2011, 11:51 PM »
Can't believe there isn't more talk about the Packers going undefeated this season.  The Giants were the only tough team left on the schedule...should be a cakewalk from here on out.

Don't want to jinx it for ya.  ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #101 on: December 6, 2011, 11:58 PM »

The Packers are going to lose a game at some point, either in the regular season or the play-offs.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 7, 2011, 07:29 AM »

The Packers are going to lose a game at some point, either in the regular season or the play-offs.

I think they will lose a game too.  Next season.  ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 7, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Who's gonna beat them?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 7, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Who's gonna beat them?

The Colts on their one good day. (yeah, tough when their not even in the same conference). Maybe I should say Vikings.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2011, 09:39 AM by P-Siddy »