Author Topic: Sidshow 12" Boba Fett  (Read 5128 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Sidshow 12" Boba Fett
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Preorder is tomorrow with a hefty price tag of 174.99. What happened to the days of cool exclusives. The stand is a bore.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Sidshow 12" Boba Fett
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:49 PM »
I think it's probably more SS hoping not to piss people off by giving an exclusive that people are irate they couldn't get.  I think both versions of this figure will be gone pretty fast.  The price seems pretty fair for what you ultimately get out of him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Wow!  Nice detail.  Sideshow will be busy tomorrow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Took 8 minutes from beginning to end, but got mine ordered.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Somehow I "lost" my subscription to the Sideshow Newsletter and wasn't able to pre-order one.  I'll try to get a waitlist and then decide if I really want one.

Edit:  Priority Pre-order is over so I just went in a pre-ordered a "Regular" version.  I don't need or care about the special stand.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:50 PM by BrentS »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Looks great, I'm waiting for the ROTJ version to go with the rest of my Jabba's Palace display.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I got my 17 day shipping notice on Boba Fett. Not sure if I want to keep this one or not. It seems like I go through this every time a preorder comes due for payment.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:55 PM »
I got my 17 day shipping notice on Boba Fett. Not sure if I want to keep this one or not. It seems like I go through this every time a preorder comes due for payment.

I believe the Vader was the last SSC I ever purchased from them... Since then, I've passed on a half-dozen or so that I would have gladly paid $90-100 for. But not $150+.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 08:59 PM »
I got my notice as well. I can't remember the last one i actually bought. I had a few on pre-order i ended up cancelling them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Got my Boba Fett. Nice looking figure for sure. Lots of hands and accessories. One issue with my figure though.  My base has some sort of a part loose as it rattles when you shake it. I'm going to have to get a replacement.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 02:38 PM »
My Fett arrived Friday and I'm absolutely thrilled.  Gorgeous piece, with tons of accessories.  I'm really digging the light-up base, too.  Now, if I could just get a nice curio cabinet for these things, I could actually display them. :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Sideshow agreed to send me a replacement for the Light up base... in accordance with their policy, you also have to "destroy" the deffective piece and provide photographic evidence.  If you don't they will charge you for the replacement.

I love their instructions for destruction:

Quote from: Sideshow
** Please use care and precaution when destroying this piece.  We ask that you use a rather blunt instrument to crush your piece only. We would advise placing the piece in a cloth bag, pillow case, or heavy duty trash bag to contain any flying debris as well as any small pieces that result from destroying your piece. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also ask that you protect yourself from flying pieces or shards by wearing eye protection, if possible, as well as proper footwear.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 12:46 AM »
Sideshow agreed to send me a replacement for the Light up base... in accordance with their policy, you also have to "destroy" the deffective piece and provide photographic evidence.  If you don't they will charge you for the replacement.

I love their instructions for destruction:

Quote from: Sideshow
** Please use care and precaution when destroying this piece.  We ask that you use a rather blunt instrument to crush your piece only. We would advise placing the piece in a cloth bag, pillow case, or heavy duty trash bag to contain any flying debris as well as any small pieces that result from destroying your piece. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also ask that you protect yourself from flying pieces or shards by wearing eye protection, if possible, as well as proper footwear.

That'd make a sweet plinking target at about 50 yards. :)