Author Topic: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves  (Read 15862 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Figures Being Pulled Off Shelves
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Wave 4 has STILL yet to show up in Central Texas, and I actually just finished the wave thanks to a guy on Yakface.

Also I was out of town yesterday and had to stop by a Wal-Mart. Same story there as is here; pegwarmers galore, all from Waves 1 and 2. Maybe a Wooof here and there and maybe a Bar2-D2 and a Fi-Ek Sirch but no signs of any pulling.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Saw this myself at the local Target here near Pittsburgh that I visit most often, hwoever our WM is jacked up with ROTS Clones, so nobody's been there yet, and someone needs to get there now.  Or I need to just buy them all and return them to the ghetto WM down the road nobody cares about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Saw this myself at the local Target here near Pittsburgh that I visit most often, hwoever our WM is jacked up with ROTS Clones, so nobody's been there yet, and someone needs to get there now.  Or I need to just buy them all and return them to the ghetto WM down the road nobody cares about.

I don't know why Hasbro didn't just do something about the green and yellow helmeted clones like a year ago when they came out.  It's obvious that they were a defective product.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Because they are completely tone deaf and sell action figures like they are a commodity like apples einstead of character driven?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I think they looked at it like I do, that the "yellow" wasn't going to deter sales, and they were going to see where it goes.  The "plain" clone is the oversaturation at this point, and regardless of the helmet, there's just not  much need for Clones without a noticeable deco right now.  I think the AOTC Clone proves that.

Around me the 212th has sold steadily/well.  We have gotten scads of Wave 6 in at WM, Target, and TRU.  The 212th Clone has moved steadily.  I see one now and then, but he's moved really well, and he's moved like lightning compared to his plain ROTS Clone counterpart.  The helmets suck, but they're just not the cause of that figure not selling.

Hasbro probably just didn't give a hoot on that, felt it wasn't drastic a problem enough to pull it, and there you go.  Maybe they should have, but they probably weren't thinking pegwarmer at that point either, and had hopes they'd sell. 

That figure's downfall was their poor decision to consistantly repack him in future cases + a drop in interest in plain white Clones, which I would've thought they'd have begun recognizing (at least a little bit) before 2010, but they didn't.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:19 PM »
I'm just curious how long it will be before stores get huge shipments of Wave 5 that will clog up the system again.   ::)

Quoting myself here, for truth.  Walked into the Target that had totally empty pegs to find a fresh case of Wave 5 hanging there.  Which included a Sandtrooper, which was one of the figures that was pulled.  Oh, and the green helmeted 212th Clone Trooper and old helmet Stormtrooper.  Guess I won't be seeing anything new at that Target for a while.  AGAIN.   ::)

Where's that picture of Picard doing the facepalm when you need it?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 01:21 PM »

Where's that picture of Picard doing the facepalm when you need it?

"This is the way."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Above and beyond the call of duty, Ryan.  Above and beyond.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 10:54 PM »
All my WM's have cleared out their TVC pegs too.  One figure on each peg now.  MAJOR vanishing act.  One store, literally lost almsot 3 dozen ROTS Clones, lost some Ani's/Obi's, Sandies, and more.

The lone Endor Rebel they had survived on, haha.  One Sandie stayed.  SOme ROTS Obi's hung in there too.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10 AM »
I saw the aftermath of this yesterday, what I noticed:

At my closest WM only 3 OBi's remained
At my closest Target all but one Sandy gone, and all ROTS clones gone.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Did they add anything new?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 4, 2011, 01:42 AM »
Okay, two of my stores have gotten figures pulled:

Target - Everything gone EXCEPT ROTS/AOTC Clones (???)

Wal-Mart - Pretty much everything gone, only a Grievous, Magnaguard and a few Obi-Wans (AOTC and ROTS) remain

Clone Wars and Legends pegwarmers are still rotting on the pegs...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 4, 2011, 02:18 AM »
I was just saying to someone the other day how I've not seen a ROTS Magna Guard in ages, or a Grievous really (save for, I think, repacks put into Wave 5 cases).

Weird.  Magna Guard's a GREAT figure.  Highly underrated IMO.

I'm not seeing a restock yet anywhere, but at least there's nothing there so there is hope something new may arrive, ya know?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 4, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Did they add anything new?

nope - still only 3 Obis on the pegs at WM
Target added some sort of older revision wave with Gree, Grievous, and Yoda etc.  it isn't moving. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 4, 2011, 11:21 AM »
On the subject of the plain white clone, I think if they had used the VC#45 sculpt with a smaller ROTS helmet, and no yelllowing, it would have sold a lot better.  And it they didn't have the Legends one on the pegs at the same time, then it would have actually sold through at most places, even with it being packed into so many assortments... my ideal attack for Hasbro moving forward would be too just go with the VC# 45 sculpt, and pack in both a Phase 1 and a Phase 2 helmet.  Really doubt we'll see that ever happen though.

In terms of figure pulls, some Targets in my area have experienced the purge, others have not.  It's weird, some stores are within a couple miles of each other and have completely differnet looking vintage sections now... all 4-LOMs and Dengars, or completely bare.

I don't see that Wal-Marts have had a purge in my area.  But then again, they didn't over-order Waves 1 and 2 like Target did.  They all have a scattered selection of Waves 5 & 6... but I don't think any of them ever got in a Wave 7 case at all.

TRU stores... two in my area both have a some Wave 5 & 6 too.  One has a few Wave 1 pegwarmers still, but not to the degree they did - I wonder if some got pulled.