Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108072 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32 AM »
I picked up the 6" Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Loki, and Thor yesterday.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2012, 11:39 AM »
I found the movie versions of Hawkeye and Black Widow and two comic series Skrull Soldiers today. The Hawkeye head sculpt kinda sucks, but Black Widow is great.

Edit: got home and opened 'em up...holy smokes, Black Widow's good. Excellent sculpt, great paint job (on mine, anyway) and full articulation including ankles and wrists as well as double jointed knees. She's the highlight of this line so far, by far.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:08 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2012, 09:03 PM »
I picked up the 6" Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Loki, and Thor yesterday.

I was just going to post here asking if anyone had seen these yet.  I'm actually really excited about these, but I'm worried that they are going to be tough to get a hold of (at least around here).  The Cap/Thor figs from last year (the 6" exclusives) were only at one store within an hour's drive of me, the rest of the stores didn't carry them - so I'm not sure if they'll show or not.  I did preorder at BBTS as well, just in case (even at nearly $35 a fig), but as Scott mentioned, it sounds like that might not work out either.  I really wish they could just make these "Legends" retail-wise, instead of WM exclusives.  Just put them alongside the smaller figs, like the DC Movie Masters line.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2012, 09:19 AM »
I stopped at WM yesterday and saw Thor 6" Figures (Thor and Loki), but no sign of the Avengers.  These will be a pain to find I think, and not sure I want to go down that road if they're $20 a pop.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I picked up 3 3/4" Black Widow and Hawkeye this morning, so my Avengers have been assembled:

I can't wait for the upcoming Nick Fury and Chitauri figures, and hopefully Hasbro makes a properly scaled Hulk sometime this year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Man that looks cool...boo to Hasbro for not having these out on the pegs from the start...I've had to tell my boys 20 times that Hawkeye and Black Widow are not out yet

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Man that looks cool...boo to Hasbro for not having these out on the pegs from the start...I've had to tell my boys 20 times that Hawkeye and Black Widow are not out yet

Agreed - you should have been able to walk into any store and grab all six of them and a Loki w/o any problem.

My favorite "FAIL" figure from the line is one of the "Concept Series" Captain America figures which is nothing more than a re-release of the Movie Series Captain America from last summer's movie line. LAME.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2012, 09:04 PM »
You know, I haven't looked real closely at the pegs for these for awhile, but since the movie was released they seem to be selling pretty well.  I see a lot of Iron Mans, but not a lot of others (maybe a Thor once in awhile).

Are the 6" Avengers being found more widespread now, does anyone know?  I'd really like to get a hold of those, but only one store in our area has ever carried those exclusives, and it is the one furthest away from our house.  I thought about trekking out there this weekend, but I wasn't sure if they were being found much yet.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Saw 6 inch Thor, Cap, and Iron Man today. Of course no Hulk, Hawkeye, or Loki.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2012, 07:05 PM »
I lucked out today and come home with Black Widow, a Skrull, and 2 Hawkeye's.

I am willing to trade a Hawkeye.  I am currently looking for the following in order:  Darth Malgus, or Renegades Storm Shadow.  Either can be loose complete.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2012, 12:46 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Which Hawkeye?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56 PM »
the movie version - not the ultimates one.  also, going to add - anything from my wants can be loose/complete - I am an opener.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 1, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Just received movie Hawkeye and movie Black Widow from a fellow collector.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 1, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Found Black Widow and Hawkeye at my local TRU and took advantage of the current sale to grab them, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Loki.

All I need to do is grab a Captain America from the movie and I'm good.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 1, 2012, 08:47 PM »
Scored the movie version of Hawkeye today.  Passed on the Skrull though.  The new figure drought wasn't cause enough for me to break my MOVIE FIGURE ONLY rule.  And sadly, no Black Widow.  It was interesting to find these at KMart of all places though.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 08:48 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback