Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108076 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #150 on: June 2, 2012, 02:18 AM »
Found a lone Black Widow at Wal-Mart tonight and snagged it... not sure if I want to keep it or not.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 2, 2012, 07:23 PM »
I'd buy it from you if you don't. Hawkeye too if ya got it

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 2, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Found a lone Black Widow at Wal-Mart tonight and snagged it... not sure if I want to keep it or not.

It really is one of the best figures I have seen in a while.  Likeness is dead on imo and her articulation rocks!  Mine has super awesome paint apps

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #153 on: June 3, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Picked up a 3-3/4" "Movie Series" Hawkeye from Walmart today. Looks just like Jeremy Renner. I'm surprised they don't have a RDJ head as a variant for Iron Man the Avenger line. Also saw a couple Skrull Soldiers but passed.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 4, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Went to the across town WM (the only one that carries the 6" exclusives), and found 3 of the six.  They had the "easier" to find ones of Thor, Iron Man, and Cap.  I'd like to complete the set, but I'm not sure how often these will get restocked - it didn't seem like the Cap/Thor ones last year got stocked more than once or twice.  Might have to try ebay, although the prices are a bit steep.

The 3 3/4" figures seem to be selling decent here now, post-movie.  It seems like the pegs are mostly packed with Iron Man, and occasionally Thor, but I don't think I've seen anyone else at the stores I visited over the weekend.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 4, 2012, 07:54 PM »

It really is one of the best figures I have seen in a while.  Likeness is dead on imo and her articulation rocks!  Mine has super awesome paint apps

Yeah, I decided to open her up today after seeing pics of the terrible Marvel Universe Black Widows (and seeing the above pic of the movie Avengers figs). Now I want a complete set of my own. :-[
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 4, 2012, 09:12 PM »
I picked up 3 3/4" Black Widow and Hawkeye this morning, so my Avengers have been assembled:

I can't wait for the upcoming Nick Fury and Chitauri figures, and hopefully Hasbro makes a properly scaled Hulk sometime this year.

So have you got the Nick Fury from that Iron Man 2 TRU exclusive pack?  He might fit in that pic really well!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 4, 2012, 09:36 PM »
I just can't get over how bad the Hulk looks.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 4, 2012, 10:19 PM »
So have you got the Nick Fury from that Iron Man 2 TRU exclusive pack?  He might fit in that pic really well!

I do have Fury, and he looks really good with the Avengers. For the pic I was going for just the final battle lineup, so I left Fury out. I'll try to get a pic with Fury added in sometime this week.

I just can't get over how bad the Hulk looks.

I like the Hulk figure, but it's hideously undersized. There seems to be no good option for a Ruffalo Hulk. 4-inch is too small, and the Wal-Mart 6-inch scale fig looks way too big. The closest one to 1:18 scale is the six inch battler figure, but it's a bigger POS than the 4 inch figure. I might have mentioned this earlier, but I'm really hoping Hasbro does a 5.5 inch or so, well articulated, and neutrally posed Hulk figure based on the Avengers appearance.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2012, 10:20 PM by Greg »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 5, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Anyone have an image of the Skrulls?  An improvement over the Marvel Universe version?  Compatible with?  Significantly different?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 5, 2012, 08:54 PM »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS21745.jpg

I actually saw the Skrull, Hawkeye, and Black Widow at Target today, so they are actually making it to retail, which is a good sign.  I sort of thought they would end up being like Sif in the Thor line, who I still have never seen.  It does seem, for such a huge movie, that the toy line is somewhat conservative though, so things aren't clogged up too much.  At least locally, the only "pegwarmers" seem to be Iron Man, and occasionally Thor, but overall it has sold through pretty well now.  And the role play stuff seems to be flying off shelves, at least around here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 5, 2012, 10:46 PM »
Thanks Brian.  I can pass on that one. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 6, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Thanks Brian.  I can pass on that one. 

That seems to be the general sentiment on the Skrull.  More often than not the Skrull figure is an indicator that Black Widow and Hawkeye USED to be hanging on the pegs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 8, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Saw Hawkeye, Black Widow, and the Skrull Soldier on the pegs today for the first time. K-Mart of all places...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 9, 2012, 06:34 PM »
while the Hulk is 'terrible' at best, at least Hawkeye and Black Widow look pretty good.  If I ever see those I'll pick them up.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"