Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108086 times)

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #195 on: July 5, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Sorry. It's the 4" Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Iron Man, and Cap, plus the TRU exclusive Nick Fury and the movie battlers 6" Hulk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #196 on: July 6, 2012, 06:12 PM »
Anybody else grab the Marvel Select Hulk? He's pretty great.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 6, 2012, 11:49 PM »
I grabbed one.  Awesome figure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Saw like 8 Skrulls at Wal-Mart yesterday... no telling how many Widows and Hawkeyes I missed out on
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Saw like 8 Skrulls at Wal-Mart yesterday... no telling how many Widows and Hawkeyes I missed out on

Yeah, I have been seeing at least one Skrull or more at almost every WM I go to.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47 PM »
So, anyone picking up the BMF Helicarrier from SDCC?  Last time I checked, it was still available at HTS (one of the few things actually).  I'll admit, part of me was tempted, but I've held off so far.  I really have absolutely nowhere to put something like that, but thinking like a kid makes me think it would be fun to have.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51 PM »
So, anyone picking up the BMF Helicarrier from SDCC?  Last time I checked, it was still available at HTS (one of the few things actually).  I'll admit, part of me was tempted, but I've held off so far.  I really have absolutely nowhere to put something like that, but thinking like a kid makes me think it would be fun to have.

It's sold out now, but I was initially very tempted to get the Helicarrier. I did add it to my cart this afternoon, but seeing that the total after tax and shipping was $165, I quickly decided against it. While it looks impressive, I was disappointed to see that the underside is mostly hollow so I am very glad that I passed.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43 AM »
I just want the Maria Hill figure so it was a pass for me too. I had it in my cart as well but couldnt justify it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45 AM »
The exclusive version of the helicarrier is now back in stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Anybody else having a tough time finding a movie version of Cap?  I figured he'd be somewhat of a pegwarmer, so I put off picking one up when the line first hit.  But now all I see is the Super Shield version and an occasional rocket launcher concept version.  I've seen way more unmasked rocket launcher versions than I have movie versions lately.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Target seems to have had him more than anywhere else...however, him and Thor seem to be harder to find of the first 4

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I saw the Helicarrier thing at TRU the other day.  It looked a lot smaller than I expected, and kind of silly because it was so small.  It was $69.99.  They had two of them.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2012, 03:26 AM »
Yeah I saw one at my TRU the other day too. The packaging is roughly the same size as the Quinjet IIRC. Easy pass for that price.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2012, 02:45 PM »
I don't buy any of this stuff, but man, that thing looked ridiculous.  Even if I was a diehard fan of Marvel/etc., that thing would be a letdown... Hasbro needs to go all out for things like this, or don't go at all.  It reminds me of some of their weak attempts at Star Wars playsets in the past.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Both Helicarriers (SDCC and retail) look like overpriced hunks of plastic. I see nothing fun about them. They are more-or-less undersized runway play sets on which to display figures. I had considered getting the Avengers version if I saw it at a deep discount, but these two pics have changed my mind:

This one just drove home the hilarity of the size.

And this is the skeletal appearance of the underside. I would have hung the Helicarrier from the ceiling if I got one, but there is no way I would want the underbelly to be seen.