Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108087 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05 PM »
So it turns out that there's a Costco exclusive version of the Quinjet.  And it includes "Stealth" repaints of both Captain America and Iron Man.

Looks like the Quinjet got a "movie accurate" redeco as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I think, iirc, this also has Shield logos on the wings...

update:  looked at the pics from the link - yep it does.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:12 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2012, 07:52 PM »
I finally picked up Black Widow and the improved articulation "Shatterblaster" Iron Man today. I also saw a Nick Fury but luck would have it as it was missing the Nick Fury figure (f'ing thieves) at my local Walmart.

Interesting.  I finally found Black Widow and Nick Fury today.  Thankfully in my case the thieves didn't arrive before me.  They also had a Chitauri on the pegs but no Skrulls to be found.  Probably wasn't going to buy them anyway.  I passed on Hawkeye as well. 

Those were the only two figures I really had intent to purchase, so it was nice to actually find something I wanted for a change. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Wow, I like that Costco Jet & Stealth Figures.  I'll definitely buy that if I can find it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33 PM »
I saw plenty of the Costco Quinjet & figures when I was there over the weekend. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37 PM »
I went to 2 Costcos tonight and no Quinjets : (
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2012, 10:42 PM »
I like the color scheme on that Quinjet much better than the wide release, sort of how I liked the SDCC Helicarrier better also.  We have a new Costco here but I don't have a membership...ought to see if I have any of those guest passes left that they were handing out when all the college kids came back to town.

In other Avengers news, I broke down last night and ordered the Avengers Mark VII Iron Man by Hot Toys. I had the original HT Iron Man figure on order and cancelled it and have kind of regretted it since then.  There have been so many released since then (I think over 10 w/ different versions and a couple double dips) but I liked the Stark head sculpt on this one so I pulled the trigger.  Non-refundable deposit so no turning back this time.

Edit: I'm an idiot, we didn't get a Costco, we got BJ's. I'm not collecting enough of the Avengers toys to worry about it, but do think that's a much better deco than the wide release version.

E...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:58 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41 PM »
I FINALLY saw Nick Fury and the single carded Chitauri on the pegs at K-Mart today. Man, I thought I would never see those things.

I wouldn't have thought it would have been too much to ask for an unhelmeted Chitauri warrior in this line, but I guess so.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I wouldn't have thought it would have been too much to ask for an unhelmeted Chitauri warrior in this line, but I guess so.

I think a no-helmet Chitauri may be as likely as a properly scaled Hulk. And on that front, I'm much more disappointed about the Hulk.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11 PM »
I was at WM this week and they had their display set up for the Avengers Blu Ray/DVD next week.  Part of it was filled with figures, which seemed to mostly be the recent (last?) wave.  I saw several Nick Furys, Chitauri, the new Iron Man....as well as figures like Hawkeye, etc.  Picked up Fury and the Chitauri.  The Fury is pretty cool, but the Chitauri really is a basic figure.  No elbow or knee articulation, and not a ton of detail either.  Still haven't seen the deluxe version locally, but I hear it is pretty similar.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32 PM »
I wound up returning 2 of my 3 Deluxe Chitauri.  Especially after seeing the difference in price between TRU and Target.  I really want to like both the Deluxe and Basic Chitauri figures.  You NEED villains for your heroes to beat the hell out of.  But these figures really do suck.  The lack of elbow articulation alone is terrible.  And the knees are almost as bad.

The big missed opportunity in the line?  A bigger version of Hulk for the Deluxe figure line.  If the movie proved anything, it was the love for the Hulk, and he wound up being one of the hottest figures in the line for the first few months of the line.  Hasbro dropped the ball on this one.  But it does beg the question about whether or not the people at Hasbro are seeing early cuts of the film that might help steer the direction of the figure line.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Scored Nick Fury, Comic Hawkeye and a Black Widow for Former JediDefender Poster Famine at Target. They looked like they got in a few cases of new stuff for the BR/DVD release. Everything was stocked in the DVD section, not the regular figure section, plus the figures were $1 off this week, so huzzah. I had no idea the Hawkeye even existed until I saw it. Was considering returning it but I think I'll keep it unless someone wants to trade for it.

And with the purchase of Nick Fury, I'm completely finished with this line, unless I randomly decide to pick up a Loki or Mark Ruffalulk.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24 PM »
I saw a lone Nick Fury today, and I passed on him.  The paint apps on his single eye were like something out of Toyfare magazine's Twisted Mego Theater!  There was no way I was buying that one, so I passed on it.  But I really should have taken a photo.  It was just THAT BAD.

Feedback

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Found both Nick Fury and Black Widow when I stopped by wally and got Avengers dvd for only $15; they also had one chitari bad guy and a new movie version Iron Man but didn't need/want either of them so I'm set now.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Saw that same wave at my WM today.  I ended up on passing on BW.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"