Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108062 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Oh boy, the original individual movie lines were basically flops at retail, I can't imagine the horror that inarticulated figures would bring to the pegs. Did Hasbro learn nothing from the terrible Green Lantern line?

They learned nothing from Iron Man 2 in terms of variety of characters to be put into a line... if anything, they might have looked at how cheap Mattel went with the Green Lantern quality, and figured that was the direction they should take with super hero stuff...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:04 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22 PM »
The regular Marvel Universe comic line is real top notch stuff in 2012, the first four waves we have pictures of already waves 18-21 and almost every figure has 14 points of articulation with perfect sculpts and likenesses.  It is fabulous.

The movie line stuff, I don't plan on getting.  The only character who looks like his comic counterpart closely is Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, I could care less about the rest of it.  I will be leaving the bulk of the Avengers movie figures on the pegs, but I am buying all of the main Marvel Universe line stuff.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48 PM »
I'm still not sure about this report from the UK Toy Fair.  From the preview pics we've seen at both SDCC and NYCC, as well as this little preview Hasbro/Marvel had a week or so ago:

Avengers Figures

It didn't seem like these figures were as horrible as the reports would have us believe.  I'm sure there will be multiple versions of each of the characters, and there is always the underarticulated pack-in type stuff (maybe with the Helicarrier or Quinjet), but I'd be sort of surprised if the whole line went that way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:49 PM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 09:07 PM »
The figures in the Facebook album look cool.  And I'm glad to see that they're going to bring out Loki with the helmet.  I kind of expected a Quinjet vehicle.  But they're seriously doing the Helicarrier?  I appreciate the sentiment, but the scale alone will make this kind of silly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 11:08 AM »
I don't buy this stuff unless my kid likes them, or if I see something I can use for a custom on the Star Wars side, but I don't think they look as bad as the report suggested either.  I kind of thought the tone of the person who posted that original report on that UK site seemed like they were looking for things to gripe about.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 12:23 PM »
They look fully articulated to me...I'm in on a Cap...probably pass on the rest

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 01:33 PM »
These pics certainly don't make them look very good to me.

Captain America

Loki

but we shall see soon enough.  I can't believe people are paying that much for these...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38 AM »
These pics certainly don't make them look very good to me.

Captain America

Loki

but we shall see soon enough.  I can't believe people are paying that much for these...

$50+ for Cap alone?  Can't people wait a few weeks?  Seriously.  Must be nice to literally just burn cash.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 11:01 AM »
When are these slated to hit retail?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 12:37 PM »
When are these slated to hit retail?

I haven't heard an official date, but I would guess March-ish based on previous releases.  I don't see tags for them at Target and they just did a reset, but I doubt they would stash them away until the movie hits on May 4.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2012, 02:29 AM »
Did you guys see these case ratios for the Avengers figures?  BBTS has them posted.  Series 1 Revison 2 is 5 Captain America, 4 Thor and 3 Iron Man. Series 2 is 4 Iron Ma, 3 Thor, 2 each Hulk and CA and a TBD.  That's 7 each for the main three and 2 Hulk figs in the first two cases.

I don't see a Series 1 no revision listing, though.  What are the chances if there is one that anyone other than CA, IM and Thor are in it anyway?

Utterly ridiculous.  It's as if Hasbro doesn't want to sell toys to anyone.  It's like they sit down and come up with what would be the worst case scenario for a movie launch and then make it worse and roll production.

Whatever. I don't have any plans to buy at this point since they dialed back the articulation and there's a chance Black Widow and Hawkeye never make it to store shelves anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 1, 2012, 09:03 AM »
And no Loki in wave 1 or 2?  So he will not make it to the shelves in this line either?  Unless he is the 1 TBD figure in wave 2.

This line is so full of suck...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 1, 2012, 09:56 AM »

This line is so full of suck...

^ cosign.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda