Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108073 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Saw these in a store this morning.    And it turns out that there are in fact three collections:  Comic Series, Concept Series & Movie Series.  And btw, the Hulk looks AWFUL.  Way undersized.

I'm passing on these for now.  I'm going to wait for a sale if at all possible.  $9.99 each at the mom & pop shop where I saw them was steep.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Saw these in a store this morning.    And it turns out that there are in fact three collections:  Comic Series, Concept Series & Movie Series.  And btw, the Hulk looks AWFUL.  Way undersized.

I'm passing on these for now.  I'm going to wait for a sale if at all possible.  $9.99 each at the mom & pop shop where I saw them was steep.

Hulk does look bad.  Small and doughy. The MU version coming out in a month or two looks great though!

I might grab Ultimate Hawkeye and maybe Ultimate Thor, but definitely Loki when I see them.  I have no intention of picking up any others.

When you say mom and pop shop I know you're not talking about Toy Wiz, I can only imagine what they are charging.  Last time I went down to Rockland a couple months ago their pegs were choc full of MU figs for over $20 per figure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30 PM »
I won't shop at Toy Wiz because they routinely raid the Targets, WalMarts and TRU's immediately around the store & their warehouse.  And they're very brazen about it, too.

The place I'm referring to is in New Jersey and has a direct account with Hasbro.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38 PM »
I won't shop at Toy Wiz because they routinely raid the Targets, WalMarts and TRU's immediately around the store & their warehouse.  And they're very brazen about it, too.

I have seen them hitting TRU and Target 40 miles from their store.  And more than once.  I also saw them at KB one time in Middletown NY.  That time it was over some exclusive Rocky figures.  I even asked her if she was a big Rocky fan or something.  She said, "oh you know it's for the kids."

Mrhm.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:41 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Hulk does look bad.  Small and doughy. The MU version coming out in a month or two looks great though!

I might grab Ultimate Hawkeye and maybe Ultimate Thor, but definitely Loki when I see them.  I have no intention of picking up any others.

When you say mom and pop shop I know you're not talking about Toy Wiz, I can only imagine what they are charging.  Last time I went down to Rockland a couple months ago their pegs were choc full of MU figs for over $20 per figure.

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing one of the Hulks from the last movie lines when they were on clearance for 5$. He looks like he'd be just the right scale to fit in with these guys.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Thinking the same thing with the last movie line Hulk.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Saw a bunch of boxes of Avengers toys on a pallet at Walmart last night, but I had no inclination to even try opening them. Wake me when the Skrulls start to ship...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Our local Target seems to have most to all of their Avengers toys on the shelves this week, a little bit ahead of the March 1st "set date", although I don't now how official that is.  So far I've seen Cap (the Avengers movie version), Thor, Hulk, a few versions of Iron Man, Loki, and an Ultimate Thor I believe.  Also saw the Quinjet today, plus all the standard role play stuff.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I saw all these as well. Like Star Wars, I think this reset is a "week of" update versus a hard street date.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 02:16 PM »
My Walmart won't put them out until tomorrow.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 03:30 PM »
I saw all these as well. Like Star Wars, I think this reset is a "week of" update versus a hard street date.

BP WM?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Plymouth Target. If you are looking for the Legends (variant shield Rogers, Red Ghost Rider and Purple Extremis Iron Man), I saw those at the BP Walmart this morning.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Saw these last week at TRU, and this week at Wal-Mart... not very impressive figures from what I can tell. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Plymouth Target. If you are looking for the Legends (variant shield Rogers, Red Ghost Rider and Purple Extremis Iron Man), I saw those at the BP Walmart this morning.

Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Just opened a case at Walmart, no hulk or Loki. It did have unmasked Cap, so I bought him. Still unsure about that wacky Hawkeye.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"