Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 14528 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Saw these in a store this morning.    And it turns out that there are in fact three collections:  Comic Series, Concept Series & Movie Series.  And btw, the Hulk looks AWFUL.  Way undersized.

I'm passing on these for now.  I'm going to wait for a sale if at all possible.  $9.99 each at the mom & pop shop where I saw them was steep.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Saw these in a store this morning.    And it turns out that there are in fact three collections:  Comic Series, Concept Series & Movie Series.  And btw, the Hulk looks AWFUL.  Way undersized.

I'm passing on these for now.  I'm going to wait for a sale if at all possible.  $9.99 each at the mom & pop shop where I saw them was steep.

Hulk does look bad.  Small and doughy. The MU version coming out in a month or two looks great though!

I might grab Ultimate Hawkeye and maybe Ultimate Thor, but definitely Loki when I see them.  I have no intention of picking up any others.

When you say mom and pop shop I know you're not talking about Toy Wiz, I can only imagine what they are charging.  Last time I went down to Rockland a couple months ago their pegs were choc full of MU figs for over $20 per figure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30 PM »
I won't shop at Toy Wiz because they routinely raid the Targets, WalMarts and TRU's immediately around the store & their warehouse.  And they're very brazen about it, too.

The place I'm referring to is in New Jersey and has a direct account with Hasbro.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38 PM »
I won't shop at Toy Wiz because they routinely raid the Targets, WalMarts and TRU's immediately around the store & their warehouse.  And they're very brazen about it, too.

I have seen them hitting TRU and Target 40 miles from their store.  And more than once.  I also saw them at KB one time in Middletown NY.  That time it was over some exclusive Rocky figures.  I even asked her if she was a big Rocky fan or something.  She said, "oh you know it's for the kids."

Mrhm.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:41 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Hulk does look bad.  Small and doughy. The MU version coming out in a month or two looks great though!

I might grab Ultimate Hawkeye and maybe Ultimate Thor, but definitely Loki when I see them.  I have no intention of picking up any others.

When you say mom and pop shop I know you're not talking about Toy Wiz, I can only imagine what they are charging.  Last time I went down to Rockland a couple months ago their pegs were choc full of MU figs for over $20 per figure.

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing one of the Hulks from the last movie lines when they were on clearance for 5$. He looks like he'd be just the right scale to fit in with these guys.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Thinking the same thing with the last movie line Hulk.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Saw a bunch of boxes of Avengers toys on a pallet at Walmart last night, but I had no inclination to even try opening them. Wake me when the Skrulls start to ship...
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Our local Target seems to have most to all of their Avengers toys on the shelves this week, a little bit ahead of the March 1st "set date", although I don't now how official that is.  So far I've seen Cap (the Avengers movie version), Thor, Hulk, a few versions of Iron Man, Loki, and an Ultimate Thor I believe.  Also saw the Quinjet today, plus all the standard role play stuff.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I saw all these as well. Like Star Wars, I think this reset is a "week of" update versus a hard street date.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 02:16 PM »
My Walmart won't put them out until tomorrow.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 03:30 PM »
I saw all these as well. Like Star Wars, I think this reset is a "week of" update versus a hard street date.

BP WM?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Plymouth Target. If you are looking for the Legends (variant shield Rogers, Red Ghost Rider and Purple Extremis Iron Man), I saw those at the BP Walmart this morning.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Saw these last week at TRU, and this week at Wal-Mart... not very impressive figures from what I can tell. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Plymouth Target. If you are looking for the Legends (variant shield Rogers, Red Ghost Rider and Purple Extremis Iron Man), I saw those at the BP Walmart this morning.

Thanks!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Just opened a case at Walmart, no hulk or Loki. It did have unmasked Cap, so I bought him. Still unsure about that wacky Hawkeye.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"