Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 14665 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2012, 04:02 PM »
There are several named SHIELD agents.  Obviously, Nick Fury, Black Widow & Hawkeye.  And you could probably include Maria Hill and Coulson in there, too.

As for a Helicarrier pack-in figure?  One does seem likely.  Hasbro did include that Iron Man figure with the Quinjet.  But I took a look at that particular Iron Man, and it is a CRAP figure.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 8, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Having seen the movie, there are definitely some things I'd like to see in this line.  Will they happen?  Who knows.

BASIC FIGURES
Nick Fury - seems to be on the way, but when?
Captain America - new uniform, maskless (Helicarrier battle)
Thor - minus cape & armor
Loki - captive (minus armor)
SHIELD Agent Maria Hill
SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson (with Destroyer gun)
Chitauri warrior
Chitauri leader
Thanos

DELUXE FIGURES
Tony Stark with snap-on armor
Iron Man with cruise missile
Bruce Banner & Hulk
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Anyone seen the 6" Avengers at Wal Mart?  I'd like to get a set...my Wal Mart looked like a bomb went off in the toy aisle today...even though it is a Super Store, for some reason they don't carry all toys and never ever have many of the exclusives...**** I hate Wal*Mart

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Anyone seen the 6" Avengers at Wal Mart?  I'd like to get a set...my Wal Mart looked like a bomb went off in the toy aisle today...even though it is a Super Store, for some reason they don't carry all toys and never ever have many of the exclusives...**** I hate Wal*Mart

**** no, I didn't even know about that ****.  Which characters did they include in the ******* lineup?  Gonna have to get my ass up there to look for those bitches.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 02:46 AM »
Anyone got loose pics of the WM Exclusive 6" figs?  Wanna see the Hulk's scale compared to the rest of them before commiting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I really want to get a set of those WM "Legends" figures, but $200 for the set?  Yikes.  The problem is, our local store doesn't really seem to get these in (aside from the IM 2 ones).  I sort of wish Hasbro just put these out mass retail, similar to what Mattel does with the Movie Masters stuff.

Well, a few weeks into release now, and I'd say that the Avengers stuff is selling better now.  However, I do still see plenty of action figures on the pegs, but the role play and LEGO stuff is really starting to get wiped out, at least here locally.  I don't know if it is because kids probably already have figures of Cap, IM, and Thor from previous movie lines - or if kids in general don't care about action figures as much anymore - but if a movie as broadly successful as Avengers can't move figures, what can?  Price may have a bit to do with it as well, although there have been sales.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Lego and role play are in short supply here as well, though I can't tell if its because its selling so well or if they just didn't get much in. I have never seen more than a few lego sets per store including the home location and end cap.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2012, 07:59 AM »
I haven't seen them mentioned; if so I missed it and am being redundant, but I saw some Avengers 4 Packs exclusive to Wal Mart.  There were two sets; one with Black Widow, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, and another with Hulk, Loki (version from the Frost Giant set), Hawkeye, and another Iron Man.  I picked up the Hulk one for the Hulk and the Loki.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03 PM »
looks like there is another set now too, from user Dragonkings over at marvelousnews.com

all look like sculpts from the previous lines, except I am trying to figure out that Iron Man...

guess we can scratch looking for a "King Loki" from the Thor line off our lists - looks like this one has a better paint scheme.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2012, 03:29 PM »
I had this set on preorder at BBTS...just got an e-mail saying their source is not going to be able to fill the orders...bummer

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Thanks to user Slizer at Rebelscum we now know this will be a TRU exclusive.  See linky for proof:

http://www.facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada/app_332786446780483

click exclusives in the lower right hand corner and it will show a pic

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22 PM »
I haven't seen them mentioned; if so I missed it and am being redundant, but I saw some Avengers 4 Packs exclusive to Wal Mart.  There were two sets; one with Black Widow, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, and another with Hulk, Loki (version from the Frost Giant set), Hawkeye, and another Iron Man.  I picked up the Hulk one for the Hulk and the Loki.

I saw the set with Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.  These two 4-packs are all comic figures, and look to be Marvel Universe repacks / repaints.

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Thanks to user Slizer at Rebelscum we now know this will be a TRU exclusive.  See linky for proof:

http://www.facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada/app_332786446780483

click exclusives in the lower right hand corner and it will show a pic

Your link is kinda messed up, try this one: TRU Exclusive

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Saw the set with the new Hulk, couldn't bring myself to buy the set for 1 figure though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"