Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70111 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56 PM »
I did see some new Clone Wars figures out today, not in the wheelbarrow, but on the regular pegs. So maybe there is still hope for more TVC too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10 AM »
I would imagine because, ultimately, it wasn't till after the Shae Vizla wave that things broke up much at retail...  I'd say that wave's still lingering in warehouse limbo, and could end up at 5 Below next year maybe.  I think more Wave 3 could wind up out this year though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 5, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Alright... can someone help me wrap my head around what's coming out still and what's not?

I've got Movie Heroes figures on my checklist but never saw them and have no idea if I should be spending too much money on them right now or not - like Boba Fett with zipline backpack... available for $45 on eBay, never saw him.  Is he coming out still or did I miss the boat?

The 6 I don't have are:

Zipline Backpack Boba Fett
Light up Darth Vader
Blast Apart Battle Droid (regular)
Blast Apart Battle Droid (red)
Light up Anakin Skywalker
Sandtrooper with giant vacuum gun thingy

Do I need to start shopping?  Anyone have extras of any of those?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 5, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Alright... can someone help me wrap my head around what's coming out still and what's not?

I've got Movie Heroes figures on my checklist but never saw them and have no idea if I should be spending too much money on them right now or not - like Boba Fett with zipline backpack... available for $45 on eBay, never saw him.  Is he coming out still or did I miss the boat?

The 6 I don't have are:

Zipline Backpack Boba Fett
Light up Darth Vader
Blast Apart Battle Droid (regular)
Blast Apart Battle Droid (red)
Light up Anakin Skywalker
Sandtrooper with giant vacuum gun thingy

Do I need to start shopping?  Anyone have extras of any of those?

Here's a quick breakdown:

The last wave of 2012 (Red Package) Movie Heroes consisted of the following new figures:

Blast Apart Battle Droid (Tan)
Light-Up Anakin Skywalker
Boba Fett (new backpack)
Light-Up Sandtrooper

The only wave of 2013 (Green Cardback) Movie Heroes had the following new/noteworthy figures:

Blast Apart Battle Droid (Red)
Light-Up Anakin (repack)
Light-Up Sandtrooper (repack)
Light-Up Darth Vader (repack)

The 2013 Darth Vader was initially issued in 2012 Wave 3, which should be easier to get. Some figures in the 2013 wave (Jango and Obi-Wan for sure) are repacked figures with new gimmick accessories (zipline/missile stuff). Not sure if that qualifies them as "new" though.

The crappy part about both of these Movie Hero waves is that they were only released outside of the US. The final 2012 wave was only released in Europe and Asia so prices are rather high. The 2013 wave saw release in Canada as well as Europe and Asia, so prices on those should be more reasonable.

As for what you should be paying? I paid around $30ish for some of the 2012 figures, and maybe $12-$14 for various 2013 figures. I have no idea if that's still the going rate but they were prices I was comfortable with. The potential downside is that you never know (until it happens) if these will hit discount stores stateside for $4-$5 apiece in a year or two. They definitely won't be showing up at normal retail though and never did here in the States, so you didn't miss out.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Okay, that's very helpful.  Thanks.  I can snag a few of them for $10 to $12 shipped... looks like I might as well start doing that and see what happens.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2013, 03:34 PM »
I sold off all my 2012 Red Card extras, but if you need the Green Carded 2013 figs, let me know.

Movie Heroes 2013 Green Yoda Cards
- 1X Darth Vader MH01 $14
- 2X Light Up Anakin Skywalker MH02 $18 each
- 2X Obi-Wan Kenobi MH03 $10 each
- 1X R2-D2 MH05 $12
- 1X Darth Maul MH07 $12
- 1X Yoda MH08 $12
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 5, 2013, 05:02 PM »
I do need an Anakin and Vader, but I can snag them loose on eBay for about $10 to $12, so I'm not looking to spend more and don't want to insult you with a lowball offer.  Thanks though!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 5, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I do need an Anakin and Vader, but I can snag them loose on eBay for about $10 to $12, so I'm not looking to spend more and don't want to insult you with a lowball offer.  Thanks though!

No worries.  I bought a case of them from Europe and just selling them for the prices I initially broke out to get my money back for the case.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 6, 2013, 07:23 AM »
Red cards...  Green cards...  It's like 1996 all over again.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 6, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Cards?

Don't miss those one bit.  Best thing I did was sell the carded collection.