Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70106 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)
« on: September 13, 2011, 05:43 PM »
RIP, Saga Legends.   :-\

Welcome, Movie Heroes.

From the Q&A at SWAN:
"There will be three packaging line looks in 2012 - Movie Heroes, which includes Episode 1 and all other episodes; The Clone Wars Animated, and the Vintage Collection.  Saga Legends is being replaced by Movie Heroes as the assortment that includes characters from all six films."

Nice to see them confirm how many lines there will be and how they are planning to use that new Maul card design that popped up a while back... should be interested in see the Legends repacks on that new Maul card alongside some of the new TPM stuff (like that Walmart exlcusive wave is supposed to be).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:55 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Hmm, "movie heroes".  Interesting name...  Curious though, why the change in names ultimately?  Ruling out EU all together I guess?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:20 PM »
The name change is probably just a gimmick for the sake of retailers, but its interesting to point out that EU might be left out of that line.  But I fully expect the good EU figures to continue popping up in the vintage collection.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Movie Heroes? So does that mean there are no villians for them to "fight" against in the line?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Movie Heroes? So does that mean there are no villians for them to "fight" against in the line?

Well, according to Sith, there are heroes on both sides... So Grevious is a hero, from a certain point of view.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21 AM »
Darn, I saw "Saga Legends Dead" and got excited. Other than a few select figures, the line has caused nothing but headaches. Looks like "Movie Heroes" will be more of the same ole same ole. Can't wait for more Vaders, Obi-Wans, Anakins, etc. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:44 AM »
They just need to stop jamming the pegs meant for the Clone Wars and Vintage figures with all that Legends garbage. The 3 closest Walmarts around here are at least 70% Legends swag right now. One case of that junk will hang around for months...it's obscene.

And I've still literally NEVER seen anyone buy one of those figures.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 10:35 AM »
I wish the packaging was drastically diferent for these, i think that would help stores realize they re different.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Although it is likely just "Saga Legends" with a new name, it would nice to see them change it up a little bit.  There have been exceptions lately, but otherwise it seems like that line has been the same figures released continually over the past few years.  Sure, from one point of view that is sort of the point of it but at the same time I think they could vary up the lineups (and avoid the doubling up vs. CW and TVC).

I've always hoped (as long as we had a line like this around) that they would just fill it with main characters (the ultimate versions) and army builders.  Incorporate figures like VOTC Han, the Falcon Pack Luke and R2, the recent Jedi Luke, Qui-Gon, any of the recent Obi-Wans and even the occasional main/supporting characters like Lando, Yoda, Fetts, etc.  A lot of those have already been used and will always be (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Vader, Grievous, etc.), but we've really gotten a lot of pretty much perfect versions of the main characters and army builders from across the Saga that could just be trotted out all the time - sort of like the original vintage line in a way where characters like Vader, Chewie, the droids, and the troopers were used across all three original movies.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Maybe they'll quit using outdated molds in this line, like they do with Maul and Fett each time they put one into Legends... probably just wishful thinking.  I'm sure this is more of the same.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Hmm, "movie heroes".  Interesting name...  Curious though, why the change in names ultimately?  Ruling out EU all together I guess?

Get those space troopers while you can! 

Hopefully these will be the same figures we've come to know and love from LEGENDS but in attractive new packaging and at a higher price point.  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Interesting notes on the "Movie Heroes" basic figure line came up in the recent RS Forcecast interview with Derryl Depriest.  The "Movie Heroes" line is not just Saga Legends with a new name... there will indeed be plenty of "new" figures in this line since it's essentially going to be the main TPM movie line.

The line will focus on TPM for a while (at least for the movie's run) and then will move into the classic "best characters" style thing from the rest of the saga.  There will be a mix of repacks and new stuff... but the new figures will be "kid targeted", meaning ACTION FEATURES(!) like the rumored light-up effect/saber figures.  Due to the action features, the articulation will be more limited than the Vintage Collection stuff.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Great...  Less articulation, action features on realistic figures...  just great.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 05:22 PM »
That makes it interesting that there will be 'new' figures with action/light up features. Not sure I'll venture over to that line, but maybe glowing lightsabers, 2-1B's eyes and torso or Jawa eyes could do it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24 PM »
True, I'd jump on some of that, but at $9 or more?  I'm going to be really reluctant to buy anything I think just flat out sucks, but has a neat novelty built into it.