Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70113 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 02:36 PM »
One I saw had ball jointed shoulders, I'm almost positive, and I would think Jar Jar (just for him being who he is and all) would almost be more well received in this line than Vintage.  Kids actually do like him.

Maybe he's not super duper, but he's pretty well articulated and sculpted.  I think this is it, personally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to Jar Jar as well.  I think that this big TPM push next year might be our last chance to get a lot of the characters/figures from that movie.  Regular releases have been few and far between, and it looks like they are covering a lot of "wants" from this movie in the various lines next year.  I just hope the first wave of this line isn't so overshipped that we never see the "new" stuff from Wave 2 like Jar Jar, Anakin, and Padme.

Like Jesse, I suspect I may end up picking up one of the light up saber figures just for the heck of it.  We'll see I guess.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Sandtroopers.com has carded pictures of wave 1.

ROTS Quick Draw Clone Trooper is back...actually it's the Shock Trooper from Revenge of the Child Birthing Hips...er...Sith

No extra shoulder armor this time.

Yes, the Battle Droid is the old AOTC deluxe C-3PO "droid factory" mold, with the removable head, arms and legs. Only one per card now but with the Clone Wars battle droid spring action launcher. (why isn't there a barf emoticon?)

Battle Droid has CIS symbol on his game card, but Super Battle droid and Destroyer Droid have some other symbol I'm not familiar with.

Everything else is what was expected (bad molds except for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, who get spring-action grapple launchers). Carded Jar Jar but no loose image. No other wave 2 shown.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:14 PM by scockery »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 12:40 AM »
Meh.

Glad that I can focus on the TVC line and skip almost ALL of this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00 AM »
I have a bad feeling about these things crowding the pegs. It's already hard enough to find Vintage collection figures with all the Clone Wars and Legends **** hanging around. This stuff is going to be even worse than Legends.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Ditto.  I understand why they are trying out this line and everything, and I'll pick up things here and there I'm sure as well, but I really worry about the first wave clogging things up terrible as well.  I'll admit, the pegs (at least at some stores) have been kept seperate (Vintage/CW/Legends) better than in the past (CW and Legends still get mixed together some) - and hopefully that continues next year.  I'd hate to not be able to find the waves of vintage because Movie Heroes has consumed the entire section.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 07:38 PM »
I know I've expressed similar sentiments before, but after seeing this latest batch of photos (the 2005 Quick-Drawn Clone?  The 2002 Deluxe Droid Factory Battle Droid?  REALLY?), I'm convinced that this is all some kind of expensive prank on the part of Hasbro, or the genius who was in charge of the 2002 line has been reappointed to head the SW brand.  It's as if Hasbro just threw up their hands and said "**** it."  I just can't figure out the logic in some of these figure choices. 

Even if we grant Hasbro the "fact" that yes, kids love their action features, I don't think anyone is going to say that kids also like horribly dated and substandard crap.  Combined with the almost total lack of new Clone Wars stuff next year and what will likely be yet another wonderful (sarcasm heavily implied) distribution year for Vintage, I think this is indicative of the worst year in SW action figure history during the modern era. 

Oh well, Lego will be getting even more of my money than previously planned.  :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 08:22 PM »
I don't think most kids and parents now the difference between the Quick-Draw Clones and the SA ones. They'll just buy it because Bobby wants it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Lotsa money saved here...  The more old **** they put out the more the current prices are a kick in the dick, to put it bluntly.

No excuse to go back to a single BD in a pack like this IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 03:35 AM »
Oh well, Lego will be getting even more of my money than previously planned.  :P

You and me both, brotha
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Movie Heroes Collection
« Reply #40 on: December 5, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Already don't bother with SL and haven't bought one of these for some time and from the images I've seen of the "movie heroes" line nothing will change this.

*Yawn*
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: December 6, 2011, 11:41 AM »
We posted a rumor report describing the figure to you recently on our front page since we couldn't share more, and it's a good figure overall.  It's the Jar Jar everyone wants, who want a definitive one at least.

But is this really supposed to be THE definitive version of Jar-Jar that we've been wanting? I mean, yeah, the sculpt is good, but he's missing some important articulation (wrists, ankles). And then he's also included in a kid's line. I'm hoping Hasbro brings a totally SA Jar-Jar to TVC.

TVC Jar Jar and MH Jar Jar are different.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #43 on: December 6, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Hopefully the VC one will have a more expressive face. It would be great if the MH JJ head fits on it too for variety.

Whatever you say about the MH line in general at least there is some newness. I hope they take adavntage of repaints like the VC45 Clone and such.

Now they just need a new Tarpels...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 02:00 PM »
I'm especially glad this first wave seems like an easy pass with how much money wave 10 Vintage is going to put me back. Ouch.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within