Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70290 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Oh! and expect to see light-up blasters in the future, too!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Seriously Steve?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2012, 02:17 PM »
Seriously Steve?

Yeah, the mentioned that during the slide presentation. Now that I think about it, I should have asked how they plan to do it... if the light will show through the muzzle, or if they'll have blast effects attached to the muzzle that'll light up?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I was just thinking about it, and I'd bet the latter...  Blaster in the hand kind of like the hilt of the saber, and a "flash" out of the barrel like they did back in 2002 with the preview Clone, except a light for it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2012, 05:57 PM »
How bulky will that look? They had to make ROTS Anakin a southpaw light up saber because of his thinner robot right hand.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Although I'll admit I may pick up one or two of the light up saber figures for the heck of it, this line really looks like it can mostly be ignored this year.  Maybe a figure or there, but they really didn't show a whole lot that we hadn't already seen/known about - and I wonder how much more they will put out this year.  We'll see I guess, seems to be sitting around here so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04 AM »
I'm officially waiting on the Vader one.  If I'm going to hav ea light-up figure, it'll be Vader and that'll be it till I see if the blaster idea works or not.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24 PM »
I think you were looking at the Clone Wars villain-of-the-week, not a Movie Heroes figure...  Savage Oppress.

Ah, thank you.  Cards were all mixed together, Maul was everywhere.  Then he turned pale yellow.  I was confused. 

That brings up something that I found kind of interesting... I don't follow the CW stuff, pretty much at all. When I heard that they are going to do some of the CW figures in the Realistic Vintage style I didn't know if it meant that they were going to completely do away with the Animated CW line. Upon seeing the displays at Target I actually thought that they had just started to put some animated figures in with the Movie Heros line... There were probably at least twice as many pegs for Movie Heroes stuff as there were for CW or Vintage. And with the packaging being virtually identical from the front it took me a bit to realize that there were two lines mixed together. These two look even more similar that last year's Legends and CW cards. If a season SW collector has trouble immediately noticing the difference, an average retail employee doesn't stand a chance. I hope those of you that collect CW are ready to look for everything online...
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Is there a breakdown in this thread or elsewhere that anyone's seen detailing exactly what is a re-paint / resculpt / kit-bash vs. what's just a straight up re-release for this line?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Rob, here's a good break-down of Wave 1.  Pretty much only R2 (new sounds) and Maul (repaint) are the only ones that are not 100% repack.  The Battle Droid comes in two flavors (tan and red), but both are really close to past droid decos form previous Legends BD 2-packs they have put out.

In Wave 2, there are 6 new figures - light-up saber versions of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, new gimmicky armed Maul, and a new Battle Padme, Pod Race Anakin and JarJar.

In Wave 3, there are 2 new figures - light-up saber versions of OT Darth Vader and Ep3 Anakin.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Thanks Jeff, you're my movie hero.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Thanks Jeff, you're my movie hero.

And that Bette Midler song came into my head. Blech!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2012, 10:29 PM »
I hope those of you that collect CW are ready to look for everything online...

Yes, we have been for awhile now. Like the Mandalorian Assault Transport, the Scout Bomber Deluxe set, and the MIA DVD 2-packs. Hasbro has made collecting this line an utter nightmare.

Well, at least the kids can find all those multiple versions of Qui Gon, Anakin, and Maul loitering on the pegs.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2012, 11:22 PM »
I'm not going to lie, I think the light-up figures are a really stupid and pointless idea, but I can honestly say that I'll pick up that light-up Vader when it comes out. I remember owning the POTF light-up Vader vs. Obi-Wan figures, so when I saw this one it brought back some nostalgia. I'll happily buy a light-up ANH Ben if that ever comes out, just to complete the scene.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Has anyone found the second wave of Movie Heroes in any great quantities yet?

My stores are all still loaded with Wave 1 that I'm wondering if we'll ever see the second wave... maybe it's still too early?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!