Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70129 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures Line
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Now does Pilot Luke include the electronic lightsaber, too?  IIRC, the MH version of Hoth Pilot Luke has that winch backpack.  And I believe I had seen word of an electronic lightsaber version of Luke, too.  But they can't have combined the two features into one figure, right?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Now does Pilot Luke include the electronic lightsaber, too?  IIRC, the MH version of Hoth Pilot Luke has that winch backpack.  And I believe I had seen word of an electronic lightsaber version of Luke, too.  But they can't have combined the two features into one figure, right?

I got Pilot Luke yesterday (before the mob attacks, I wanted another pilot Luke figure and figured I might as well for for a different one) and there is no light-up saber. I too remember hearing that it would be light-up, but I guess it didn't pan out on Hasbro's end or it was just mixed-up reports from other parties. Hopefully we'll get a light-up farmboy Luke sometime soon... I'm not sure how well Luke's other outfits would work with their skinny appearance.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2012, 10:58 PM »

I got Pilot Luke yesterday (before the mob attacks, I wanted another pilot Luke figure and figured I might as well for for a different one) and there is no light-up saber. I too remember hearing that it would be light-up, but I guess it didn't pan out on Hasbro's end or it was just mixed-up reports from other parties. Hopefully we'll get a light-up farmboy Luke sometime soon... I'm not sure how well Luke's other outfits would work with their skinny appearance.

Yeah, it seemed like it would be odd if that figure would have both the grappling line feature AND the electronic lightsaber. 

I'm thinking that the electronic lightsaber Luke is probably going to be a ROTJ Luke.  Farmboy Luke has the lightsaber, but never really used it in any kind of a fight on-screen. 

The thing is there are actually some semi-interesting things in the Movie Heroes line like these figures.  But I think that most of the collecting websites have pretty much ignored the MH line since Hasbro basically told us that the line was simply a vehicle for getting those kid interest figures out to market.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2012, 12:50 PM »
The Walmart I stopped at on Friday had 8 packs of Movie Heroes figures for $25 - they were stuffed with wave 2 if anyone is still missing it, this would probably be a really good way to get caught up.

I bought a pack, took the Anakin and Maul, and the other 6 will go to Toys For Tots... not bad considering I was going to pay $9 or so each for those two anyway.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)
« Reply #154 on: February 9, 2013, 04:50 PM »
I ordered a case of the Tri-Lingual Wave "3" (what would have been our Wave 4) from Toy Palace in Germany this morning. The Case is gonna cost me almost $200 shipped, but at least I'll get the final Movie Heroes 2012 game cards, the Tan Exploding Battledroid and the Movie Heroes Boba Fett.

Not sure what I'll do with the re-release figures. Gonna be conflicted about the light-up Anakin - would love to have a loose one to display with the stand and game card, but I'll probably hold off on opening up one just to have a card.

Wish there were 2x of Boba Fett and/or the Battle Droid in the case instead of Darth Vader, but oh well...

If there is any hope here, maybe I'll have jinxed us all in a good way and there are still cases of Movie Heroes Wave 4 on Maul Cardbacks headed to places like Five Below, Marshalls or TJMaxx....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: February 9, 2013, 06:09 PM »
Looks like you made the right call, Pete...  and will be spending some more money at Toy Palace to get the 2013 Yoda cards too. :(

From GH's Facebook:
"Movie Heroes (2012 and 2013) Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, Anakin, Battle Droid will be European release only"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 9, 2013, 07:03 PM »
man,
I wanted the light up Anakin and Sandtrooper
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 9, 2013, 07:44 PM »
So there really will be no new carded Star Wars figures in the USA at all until mid-late summer?

COMA OF TEH LINE!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: February 9, 2013, 07:52 PM »
$$$ in the bank baby!  Breaks can help.  Can hurt too, but at this point I think if you're still here you're in the minority anyway and everyone who was leaving has left.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 9, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Looks like you made the right call, Pete...  and will be spending some more money at Toy Palace to get the 2013 Yoda cards too. :(

From GH's Facebook:
"Movie Heroes (2012 and 2013) Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, Anakin, Battle Droid will be European release only"

Wow, that really stinks, so essentially I'll have to get the Yoda wave for just 2 figures - Red Exploding Battledroid and Jango Fett. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a spare Sandtrooper and Anakin in that case.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about the Clone Wars Wave 1 case too...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #160 on: February 9, 2013, 08:42 PM »

From GH's Facebook:

Wow, that really stinks, so essentially I'll have to get the Yoda wave for just 2 figures - Red Exploding Battledroid and Jango Fett. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a spare Sandtrooper and Anakin in that case.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about the Clone Wars Wave 1 case too...

Me neither.
What a bunch of horse pucky.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 9, 2013, 09:40 PM »
It's more confusing. Jedi Temple Archives was told the waves are coming to the US and should be in stores soon.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 9, 2013, 09:48 PM »
It's more confusing. Jedi Temple Archives was told the waves are coming to the US and should be in stores soon.

Oh great, conflicting reports! It would make sense for Movie Heroes and Clone Wars to trickle in during the spring and early summer...  Time will tell I guess.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 9, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Well this makes A LOT more sense.

I can't imagine them not shipping anything new between now and August.

The Class I Yoda-packaging vehicles have shipped.

The Class II Yoda-packaging vehicles have shipped.

Why wouldn't the Movie Heroes and Clone Wars figures ship as well? This is good news. While I know the ship has sailed on the last wave of Maul-packaging MH figures, I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't just ship a single wave for a couple of months just to have product in the stores until the Vader-packaging stuff kicks in this summer.

Whew!
Peter

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2013, 05:32 AM »
I really do hope these figs get released, but we will see

conflicting reports from Hasbro are probably their way of having fun at work. lol, if it is, that's hilarious

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim