Collecting > Other Custom Figures (non Star Wars)

Knashdx's Stargate SG1/Atlantis Customs

<< < (2/2)

knashdx:
Here are some more Stargate Atlantis figures I made.

Col Carter regular figures on the Left - Black Ops Col Carter on Right.

Just took the figure apart by heating it up with a hairdryer, and the seperated the joints at the arms, waist, feet, hands & removed the head. Covered the flesh section that is her neck with tape, and then painted everything with Krylon Semi-Flat black paint. Let the paint dry for an hour and then heated all the sections back up and put the toy back together.

Dr. Keller regular figure on the left - Black Ops Dr. Keller on right.

(Same as I did with Carter) Just took the figure apart by heating it up with a hairdryer, and the seperated the joints at the arms, waist, feet, hands & removed the head. Covered the flesh section that is her neck with tape, and then painted everything with Krylon Semi-Flat black paint. Let the paint dry for an hour and then heated all the sections back up and put the toy back together.

Picture is from the Atlantis Season 4 show TRIO - Carter, Keller & Dr. McKay. Inspiration for the Black Ops outfits. The McKay custom is still being built.

Center figure is the Black Garrison Col. Sheppard that is part of the line, and the 2 customs. The customs are a little more glossy than the regular figures, but over all they match very closely.

I ended up sacraficing a spare body section as I attempted to match paint.

Krylon Satin Black paint 51613 - became gooey on the toy and made it impossible to do anything with the toy.
Krylon Flat Black paint 51602 - Couldn't find it at any of the retailers locally so I never got a chance to try it.
Krylon Satin Plastic Bonding paint 2421- dried glossy on the toy which made the figure really not match the MFG paint in the series.

I ordered the Krylon Semi-Flat Black 1613 on line since I had used it before with great results. Problem is that Krylon discontinued the production for this in their Interior/Exterior line and it is only available in the Industrial line and as such there is a little more gloss to it as you can see in the picture, but it is better than the other option I had.

JediJman:
Those are pretty cool Ryan - well done!  Now you just need a utility vest and holster accessories to spice these up a little...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version