Yoda
Chewbacca
Mace Windu
Savage Shirtless
Aqua Droid
Cade Bane w/ TODO

::)

McMetal:
After seeing some of the other comments, and reviewing the early pics again, I think I am in agreement that the Anakin pictured is all new as well. The facial sculpt looks vastly improved.

I wonder if the repack Chewie will really have the proper coloration like the display version. That one doesn't look nearly as dark in the face as the ones I have seen photos of from stores.

Jabba the Slug:

--- Quote from: McMetal on October 13, 2011, 11:03 PM ---After seeing some of the other comments, and reviewing the early pics again, I think I am in agreement that the Anakin pictured is all new as well. The facial sculpt looks vastly improved.

--- End quote ---

It is brand-new. Same with the Obi-Wan that's in the same wave (or is it the following one?). It's kinda a rip-off that Hasbro had us buy the cheap, crummy versions first that came out earlier this year.

That's what generally happens in the TCW line - we always get a cheap, crappy version of a character first (Kit Fisto w/ jetpack, Mace w/ snap-on armor), and then we get a better version a year later (SA Kit w/ 2 lightsabers, SA Mace w/ Jango's helmet).

I'm expecting Hasbro will upgrade the new Ahsoka figure, too.

Pete_Fett:
I just want to echo what JTS said - I think it's ridiculous that they already came out with "new" versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan only to come out with "new new" versions of them next year. Would it have been such a big deal to just have soft-goods, better articulated versions from the get-go?

Maybe the first versions of Season 3 Obi-Wan and Anakin wouldn't be sitting around like they are if they were better figures.

Also, where is "more grown up" Ahsoka in these re-releases? Surely they could get some more mileage out of that figure.

Lastly, like I said in the NYCC thread, why more Shirtless Opress? Can't the Armored version get a second release?

Heck, I think the entire Even Piell, Chewie, R7, Savage wave should be in the mix here, unless things change in the next three months (which is possible), I think there will be lots of folks still scrambling for those figures come 2012.

Jesse James:
I agree.  I've always been a proponent of just doing it right the first time, and whore it a lot.  Refresh it with accessories or something, but yeah, ultimate versions of figures seem like they'll make more money in the long run, but that's just me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version