Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 26 (2012 Wave 1)  (Read 12943 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clone Wars Wave 26 (2012 Wave 1)
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Looks to be a whole bunch of repacks...

Cody w/ Gear
Ep3 Clone Trooper w/ Backpack

W/

Snow Plo
Yoda
Chewbacca
Mace Windu
Savage Shirtless
Aqua Droid
Cade Bane w/ TODO

::)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:52 PM by Scott »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 26 (2012 Wave 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:03 PM »
After seeing some of the other comments, and reviewing the early pics again, I think I am in agreement that the Anakin pictured is all new as well. The facial sculpt looks vastly improved.

I wonder if the repack Chewie will really have the proper coloration like the display version. That one doesn't look nearly as dark in the face as the ones I have seen photos of from stores.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:39 AM »
After seeing some of the other comments, and reviewing the early pics again, I think I am in agreement that the Anakin pictured is all new as well. The facial sculpt looks vastly improved.

It is brand-new. Same with the Obi-Wan that's in the same wave (or is it the following one?). It's kinda a rip-off that Hasbro had us buy the cheap, crummy versions first that came out earlier this year.

That's what generally happens in the TCW line - we always get a cheap, crappy version of a character first (Kit Fisto w/ jetpack, Mace w/ snap-on armor), and then we get a better version a year later (SA Kit w/ 2 lightsabers, SA Mace w/ Jango's helmet).

I'm expecting Hasbro will upgrade the new Ahsoka figure, too.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:25 PM »
I just want to echo what JTS said - I think it's ridiculous that they already came out with "new" versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan only to come out with "new new" versions of them next year. Would it have been such a big deal to just have soft-goods, better articulated versions from the get-go?

Maybe the first versions of Season 3 Obi-Wan and Anakin wouldn't be sitting around like they are if they were better figures.

Also, where is "more grown up" Ahsoka in these re-releases? Surely they could get some more mileage out of that figure.

Lastly, like I said in the NYCC thread, why more Shirtless Opress? Can't the Armored version get a second release?

Heck, I think the entire Even Piell, Chewie, R7, Savage wave should be in the mix here, unless things change in the next three months (which is possible), I think there will be lots of folks still scrambling for those figures come 2012.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:33 PM »
I agree.  I've always been a proponent of just doing it right the first time, and whore it a lot.  Refresh it with accessories or something, but yeah, ultimate versions of figures seem like they'll make more money in the long run, but that's just me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Lastly, like I said in the NYCC thread, why more Shirtless Opress? Can't the Armored version get a second release?

Agreed. I think it's obvious that if both Shirtless Savage and Armored Savage were hanging on the pegs right next to each other, even the casual buyer would go for Armored Savage.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34 AM »
I thought the first version of Anakin was off, but this is a little surprising.  Not really.  They did this a lot during the PT movie run years.  It's a reflection of the fact the characters do not change costumes a whole lot.  They rarely do, and I remember way back during AOTC Hasbro said in a panel at C2 I think that they wished they did. 

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 11:02 PM »
Pictures at Sandtroopers.com and yes, it's shirtless freaking Savage...all hopes that they used the wrong image at the slide show are dashed.

Anakin has new LIGHTSABER LAUNCHER.

Can't tell which Cad Bane it is, but Todo is nowhere visible (probably not included) and he has new guns?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:51 AM »
That lightsaber launcher is just a big goof on Hasbro. Yes, I see that they want to make these figures kid-friendly, but seriously?

That Cad Bane is the under-articulatd sculpt from the 2009 TCW line... not the newer version from that includes TODO-360.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Hmmm, just checked out the case assortment for this wave over at BBTS. It seems Hasbro goofed and inadvertantly included 2 of one of the new figures in each assortment (the Phase II Clone). You know they meant to double up on Yoda instead!  :P

Also, glad to hear Hasbro has thrown out the street date for this stuff. That was such a debacle after that Vintage re-launch.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Interesting report over at RS that the new TCW figures will be coming under a new DPCI @ Target: DPCI code of 087-06-2411.

Have not seen any efforts on the part of Target to clearance existing stock ala Walmart, so I guess they will be carrying both line looks for ahwile? (Like TRU seems to be doing)

Kind of a bummer, in that I still have a few extras from the last 3 waves of TCW figures I was considering returning, but no current receipts. Off to eBay I guess...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Interesting report over at RS that the new TCW figures will be coming under a new DPCI @ Target: DPCI code of 087-06-2411.

Have not seen any efforts on the part of Target to clearance existing stock ala Walmart, so I guess they will be carrying both line looks for ahwile? (Like TRU seems to be doing)

Kind of a bummer, in that I still have a few extras from the last 3 waves of TCW figures I was considering returning, but no current receipts. Off to eBay I guess...

My Targets have gone fairly dry on Clone Wars in the past few weeks.  Not sure if they are just selling through or if Hasbro has done the old recollection thing, but there are a dozen or less of thse at most Targets I have been too.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them full price till the end of Jan or even just stay on the new pegs with a different DPCI.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 03:38 PM »

That's too bad if it turns out to be true-

I would guess the same will be true for MH versus legends as well.  ::)

The Phantom Menace wave at Target still has the same DCPI as the rest of the vintage line: 087-06-1351

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 02:44 PM »
I just want to echo what JTS said - I think it's ridiculous that they already came out with "new" versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan only to come out with "new new" versions of them next year. Would it have been such a big deal to just have soft-goods, better articulated versions from the get-go?

Maybe the first versions of Season 3 Obi-Wan and Anakin wouldn't be sitting around like they are if they were better figures.

Also, where is "more grown up" Ahsoka in these re-releases? Surely they could get some more mileage out of that figure.

Heck, I think the entire Even Piell, Chewie, R7, Savage wave should be in the mix here, unless things change in the next three months (which is possible), I think there will be lots of folks still scrambling for those figures come 2012.

Agree with everything said above.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Now that I have the "new" Anakin in hand, I have to say, he really sucks.

So they gave us soft goods on this one, but now they took away the ankle articulation and they made him way too skinny. Like ridiculously so.

The result is that now we have three (four if you include the space suit version) iterations of Clone Wars Anakin - and there's something not to like about each of them.

Here's hoping the Vintage Collection Clone Wars Anakin turns out okay....  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!