Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 12 (2012 Wave 3)  (Read 34363 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 12
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Thing of it is, there really are no scenes with him without his hat on...except those goofy publicity shots.  I'm hoping the peg fits a Bespin Luke head

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Yeah, my gripe is more that it's a feature...  like working holsters.  Every Cantina guy has one even if half of them probably didn't even have a gun.  Same with removable vests.  Removable vests tend to look better too...  Paint strays on figures without them and it's noticeable then, but looking at the new Aurra Sing, she's perfect and far superior to her POTJ counterpart with the molded-on vest.  Now though, few figures get that.  I a reverse situation I think Bespin Han suffered from his coat being molded on compared to his POTJ counterpart.

My preference on the hats though, is it makes customizing more easy and fun too.  Take Hoth Luke and make some random generic officers using the sculpt.  I like doing that stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 05:05 PM »
For the most part still expected to be decent sellers, but it's surprising to see so many TPM carry forwards and none from the deleted scene wave.

Agreed - I'm surprised that at least Luke isn't in there in the mix...

Maybe he's not because of the Hoth Luke figure?

Obviously Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are there to keep the "cost of the wave" down. There has to be a game going on internally at Hasbro - like the line managers are hiding the overall costs of the wave from the bean-counters by over-loading the wave with figures that have been in existence for years and therefore are at the point where their costs is nothing more than the materials expended to make them and the negligible labor from China.

If this case had the BluRay wave in it's entirety along with the five new figures - meaning that there were only two non-Wave 11/12 figures in the case - I would have been tempted to order it from EE just to ensure my MOC sets of both waves...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #18 on: March 1, 2012, 06:37 AM »
$129 from EE. Eat it!
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Vintage Wave 12 (2012 Wave 3)
Pre-Order if you dare!

Not one deleted scene carry-over hurts that one a lot to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39 AM »
We got some early images of Wave 12 & 13 (2012 Wave 3 & 4)

Clicky the picky to check it out!

I'm loving realistic Anakin.  I really think he looks incredible, and can't wait to add him to the Ani shelf.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 03:51 AM »
I wish Hasbro was a little more daring or true vintage with backing/pill colour, otherwise very nice! :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 09:22 AM »
That CW Anakin photoshop card looks awful.

Same vintage photo for Vader, now the figure matches it more. They could've done something different.

Imperial Navy Trooper is messed up. The character shown on the photo had a GREY UNIFORM.  ;)

(Or maybe it was brown  :D )

They should  do a recolor of Hoth Luke like his Kenner micro-collection versions, a red-brown vest.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 11:52 AM »
Wow.  That Luke is awesome.  LOVE it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Was it ever established what the difference between this new Vader and the other 832650123856013361 Vader's we've gotten since the original VOTC Vader is? I know the gloves but otherwise, yeah.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Was it ever established what the difference between this new Vader and the other 832650123856013361 Vader's we've gotten since the original VOTC Vader is? I know the gloves but otherwise, yeah.

Chest with the robes over the armor (A New Hope style), non-removable helmet and the first ball jointed hips on an OT Darth Vader 3 3/4" scale figure.

Worthy upgrades, of all 4 new Vaders this year, it might be the best.   :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:21 PM by scockery »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33 AM »
quote author=scockery link=topic=21942.msg534974#msg534974 date=1331864308]

Chest with the robes over the armor (A New Hope style), non-removable helmet and the first ball jointed hips on an OT Darth Vader 3 3/4" scale figure.

Worthy upgrades, of all 4 new Vaders this year, it might be the best.   :P
[/quote]

I am glad he'll be able to ride a tauntaun, but I'll still wait for a sale to get him.  :)[

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54 AM »
I'm loving realistic Anakin.

As a die-hard fan of the animated line, I still don't know what to think of these realistic "cross-overs."  I really don't have a problem with Hasbro making realistic versions of the core characters from the series, since we already have animated versions available for those of us who prefer to see these in animated form.  But I think that I may shed a small tear into my Coke Zero if Hasbro releases a realistic version of an animated character before that character is made in the animated line.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03 AM »
I'm loving realistic Anakin.

As a die-hard fan of the animated line, I still don't know what to think of these realistic "cross-overs."  I really don't have a problem with Hasbro making realistic versions of the core characters from the series, since we already have animated versions available for those of us who prefer to see these in animated form.  But I think that I may shed a small tear into my Coke Zero if Hasbro releases a realistic version of an animated character before that character is made in the animated line.

Co-sign. Although my reaction would be more along the lines of "VOMITING WITH RAGE".  >:( That would be a brutal slap in the face to every collector who has supported this line since its outset. Let's pray that never happens!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Let's pray that never happens!

If Hasbro continues to give us the option of having a figure in either form (e.g., a realistic Cad Bane and an animated Cad Bane), then I am right as rain with the whole thing.  But if they were to make, say, Pong Krell only in the realistic line, then I would be quite disappointed.  As far as I am concerned, an animated character should be made in the animated line first, and then a version can be made available in the realistic line down the road.  Just my opinion.