Author Topic: Jazwares Mortal Kombat  (Read 11974 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jazwares Mortal Kombat
« on: October 17, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Jazwares is also making Mortal Kombat figures -  but so far they don't look like they compare to the Street Fighter Figures. 

Ermacs green eyes aren't doing it for me.  BBTS needs to update there listing to now show this as a 6 pack

the generic robots look pretty good.

But so far that looks like that is all there is for this line.  Just 2 multipacks for this line.  Hopefully we will get some cool 2 packs for this line up like in the Street Fighter line.

Just saw this listing at BBTS:  http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10151&mode=retail

MK9 4" Exclusive Figure Assortment - Set of 5
1x Sub-Zero
1x Scorpion
1x Reptile
1x Raiden
1x Baraka

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10134&mode=retail
MK9 4" Figure Series 01 - Set of 3
1x Johnny Cage
1x Jax
1x Sub-Zero

Maybe if I have time later I might call their customer service to see if I can get any more details on this line and/or availability

update:

I emailed them this:  I was just curious if you had pricing and availability information for your Mortal Kombat 4 inch action figure line. Which stores will be carrying them - and when do you expect them to be out?

and they responded with this:
Thank you for contacting Jazwares, Inc. and for your interest in our products.  We do not sell any of our items from our website or from our office.  Please check with your local Toys R Us, Spencer, Barnes and Noble and Target stores.

Best Regards

Jazwares Customer Service
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:51 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Jazwares Mortal Kombat
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Pre-Order for the Cyber Ninja 3-pack is up on TRU.com - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11791943

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:51 AM »
I really wish the ninjas looked better, wanted that set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2011, 09:32 AM »
I have read reports of these showing up at TRU and TRU.com

Currently at TRU.com one can order the MK 9 version of Sub Zero or Scorpion ($10 each) and the 3 pack of Cyborgs ($20).

I have read one report on rebelscum.com that someone found the MK2 ninja 6 pack and it was supposedly only $32! 

I have yet to stumble upon any of these Street Fighter or MK figures at my local store - but I am looking forward to it - plus I got another 20% off in store only coupon good for today only...  That would be awesome to find the 6 pack set today   ;D

just looked on ebay and I found a set for sale - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mortal-Kombat-Klassic-Classic-6-Pack-Figures-Reptile-Sub-Zero-Smoke-Noob-Rain-/330638836234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfb9c420a#ht_500wt_715

actually there are a few listings.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2011, 09:35 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2011, 04:47 PM »
woohoo! I went to TRU with my one day only 20% off 1 item coupon in hand and I was able to find the cyborg 3 pack!!! $16 + tax for these 3 = me very happy. FYI - they are pretty well made imo.

If I were to change any 1 thing it would be the knee joint - these would be better served with a double knee joint like in the MU line.

Scale wise, I happened to have an MU, X-23 figure on my desk and they are the exact same height. The new Captain Britain from the MU comic pack towers over them about a head taller. So these figures are a touch short imo... so maybe I would change that to

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 9, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I found and bought the 4 inch Sub-Zero and Scorpion figures today.  Love the figures but quality control at Jazzwares is brutal.  The paint jobs on all 6 Sub Zeros were horrendous.  I picked the best of them, which was still bad, and repainted it myself.

That's fine and good, but I expect better for $9.99

For some reason no sign of Raiden or Johnny Cage who are supposed to be in that case, maybe someone scoffed them all up.

Anyhow, these get a "C" as you buy them, but an "A" once you clean up the paint.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 9, 2011, 08:56 PM »
This is the wave by the way.  Love 3 3/4" scale.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:32 AM »
those are the 6 inch figures.  In 4 inch scale Scorpion only comes with 1 sword and has 2 permanently attached to his back.  Also, it appears the figures in the pic above have that thigh cut articulation, which I don't think the 4 inch line will have.  Raiden and Johnny Cage have not been shown yet, and for all reports I have read the only 2 figures showing up at retail single carded so far are Scorpion and Sub Zero. 

Glad to here they are pretty good figures - I will pick them up when I see them and have a spare coupon    ;D

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:36 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08 AM »
those are the 6 inch figures.  In 4 inch scale Scorpion only comes with 1 sword and has 2 permanently attached to his back.  Also, it appears the figures in the pic above have that thigh cut articulation, which I don't think the 4 inch line will have.  Raiden and Johnny Cage have not been shown yet, and for all reports I have read the only 2 figures showing up at retail single carded so far are Scorpion and Sub Zero. 

Glad to here they are pretty good figures - I will pick them up when I see them and have a spare coupon    ;D

You are right.  Entertainmentearth.com used the wrong picture in the 4 inch listing.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JZ13225A

At the moment my TRUs have only had Scorpions and Sub-Zeros, I don't know if I just missed Cage and Raiden or if they aren't shipping yet.

According to EE, the case is supposed to have all 4 characters, but considering their photo is wrong I am not so sure.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 08:17 AM »
yeah, I am confused why no one is seeing Cage/Raiden either.  there are no case break downs for on BBTS or EE for just the 2 ninjas.

I guess this has to be a TRU exclusive case or something?

hopefully we will see the others soon soon
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:18 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I saw Scorpion and Sub Zero today.  I didn't pick up any because my wife was with me    :-[  The less she sees going into the house the better...

But yeah $10 a pop.  One of the Scorpions I saw had its torso popped from the waist in the package.  I hope the quality is good in this line - my Cyborg 3 pack had good quality.

I still have not seen the Street Fighter figures at retail.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:30 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45 PM »
courtesy of user ThaMENACING1 over at marvelousnews.com - the UPC# for the 6 pack set is 681326132653

I called my local TRU this morning and the code does match the set - but they did not have any in stock.  The price is $34.99
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:46 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Smoke in his fight stance, Cyrax in his "I am gonna blow myself up to kill you" stance, and Sektor in his "eat flames" stance.

Scorpion after "bamfing" on the other side of you, and Sub Zero about to cut you up

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Yeah the cyborg 3 pack is awesome, Smash.  Sub-Zero and Scorpion are good after cleaning up the paint jobs.

I found the ninja 6 packs at TRU Express tonight.  I was looking for one with a good paint job among the 9 sets they had.  Then I noticed that 3 figures in every package had 2 right arms, that is the right arm had the triceps facing up where the bicep should have been.  The Street Fighter figures had the same problem.  SOOOOO..... after finding the best paintjob among the 9 sets, my wife walks over and looks at it and says "ew, that's junky."

Yeah.  Back on the shelf it went.  I still kinda want it.  Reptile and Rain looked so cool.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Arg that stinks.  The 6 pack still has not shown up around me - and annoyingly also not on TRU.com

Same with the Street Fighter figures.  I ended up having my TRU store order me a Ryu pack.  If it shows being a pack with too many errors, I will go back and have them order me another and I guess Il'll just keep doing it until I get a good one   :P

Then when I am satisfied I'll return all of the crappy ones to the store  :D