Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures  (Read 8297 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29 PM »
I could totally be wrong, or maybe even it was POTF now?  I can't recall, but was sure I remember somewhere along the line them saying they weren't going to get to everyone.

I'd be a little disappointed if I were getting them I think, but only because I think I'd phase something out of my collection in favor of them, like all my actual vintage maybe, or something along those lines.

I preferred the original scale though ultimately.  I definitely dig the Jumbos though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i can't stop this feelin'
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29 PM »
Now I cannot recall where I heard/read that at but seem to recall them saying they weren't going to get to ALL the ROTJ figures? 

There are plenty of 2013/2014 GG Q&As that have some variation of "We most likely will not be doing every figure, but highlighting most sought after, and certain characters."

I can't blame then for not wanting to risk a $80 General Madine or whatever.  :P

I think they've seen the end of the line coming for a while now, which is why they've been willing to start up Secret Wars, Super Powers, and GI Joe Jumbo lines to start giving people other things to buy.

In fact, not to be the total bearer of bad news, but there are lots of rumors that the reason they are dipping into the Droids well now is because the end is nearer than you think.  There was no PGM Jumbo option this year, was there?  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Not that I recall, but again I barely follow the Jumbo Vintage craze.  I like looking at a lot of stuff online rather than actually buying it.  :-\

I knew I'd seen something about them saying they probably wouldn't get to everything though, so at least I wasn't going nuts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77