Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 80878 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #105 on: July 4, 2006, 03:20 AM »
$405 and climbing.  And this one still hasn't met it's reserve.  ::)

Why didn't I get this when it first came out?! 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #106 on: July 5, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Ended at 662.00. Pretty much why i will never be able to back track a complete set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2006, 02:54 PM »
I'm awfully tempted by these, but they are what is usually out of my price range.  I might have to figure out a way to justify purchasing these, they just look pretty cool.  Also, just wanted to note, I picked up the latest issue of ToyFare (with the Leia/R2 on the cover), and there is a small blurb within an article on them that says they are also doing a Lord of the Rings line in this style.  They picture Saruman, and I'm sure we'll see more at Comic Con.  Kind of neat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:58 PM by Brian »

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Did you notice that the article also had a picture of the drawn design for a Stormtrooper or Clone trooper?  I couldn't tell which one it was, but it's in the background of the picture with the production Leia sculpt.  I don't have any of these, but a Stormtrooper or Clone trooper would be a must have  ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Did you notice that the article also had a picture of the drawn design for a Stormtrooper or Clone trooper?  I couldn't tell which one it was, but it's in the background of the picture with the production Leia sculpt.  I don't have any of these, but a Stormtrooper or Clone trooper would be a must have  ;)

You really cant tell is its a Clonetrooper or a Stormtrooper. But i think they were telling us it's a stormtrooper without actually confirming it.

I have all of the classic ones on pre-order and cannot wait for them. A little back tracking still to be done on the clone wars line, but not too much. I don't want them all.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2006, 12:26 PM »
The C-3PO with the Jawa looks awesome. Not too crazy about the Luke, but I love the little Jawa.

Offline konakazi

• Youngling
  • If only you knew the power of BIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I love these new pieces so much. The Leia and Threepio are must haves for me.

I'm a little hesistant on the Vader but it would look really cool with a Stormtrooper if and when they release one.

I love the style of the Luke but you can't own everything! :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17 PM »

I love the style of the Luke but you can't own everything! :)

Sure you can, just give up food.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Man, I'm liking what I see!  8)

Damn & I mean damn!  :o   :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2006, 01:09 AM »
I'll be ordering the 3PO probably. 

I'm a little confused by Leia being alone there.  Is there a second statue coming down the line?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Oh I think that's just a one of a kind display piece but if it does come out you better have lots of $$$. This thing is ******* huge!  :o

Here's a shot from GH.

And from RS.

The size reminds me of the large Oscar statues.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2006, 03:52 AM »
Oh Man the 3po and Luke are awesome, out of all the stuff i've seen posted so far, I'm most excited about the GG stuff , almost time to drop hasbro me thinks.....
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Not sure what to do, I love the look of C-3PO and Luke and I've preordered Vader and Leia...but not Boba

How big are these things?  Where would I display them?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Scott.  No way is wifey going to be pleased about a life size version of that  :P so no sense contemplating cost anyway ;)

Same deal here, love the looks of these things, but where to put them?  I have Leia ordered and will get 3PO as I mentioned above, but I've been waffling on Vader and Boba.  They both look great, but where to put them and why do I need them?  I don't know the size either and haven't seen any pictures to give them context.  Plus I have multiple busts from Gentle Giant, so I'm not sure I want to drift into more of this stuff really.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16 AM »
I really like these as well, but have the same issues as you guys - cost and space.  I know if I got one, I'd want all of them (the OT ones anyways), and I really don't have anywhere to put them now as it is.  I would probably need to do some new shelving/display case or something.  Plus, the price was always a little out of range - especially with Leia, Vader, and Boba all shipping in a 2-3 month span.  I had them all preordered, then told the Mrs. about it, and they are now cancelled :).  It would have been a little too pricey anyways, especially with Christmas around that time as well.  It would be sweet to have a whole display of these though.  I just don't know if I can branch off into something else like this - I'm having the same problem with the Sideshow 12" line.  If/when they make a Han/Chewie setup for these though, I'm on board.  And then I'll regret not getting the first few ;).

I did actually re-preorder the Leia, and we'll see if I can leave that or not.  It just seems like it might be one of the harder ones to pick up down the road, although the edition size is much better than the Padme.  As far a size, according to Gentle Giant's site they are 1/6 scale and they list the Leia as 6" tall, Fett as 8.5" tall, and Vader at 9.5" tall.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:35 AM by Brian »