Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 80826 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2006, 01:47 PM »
I know it's not direct help, but my order from talesofwonder.com has been shipped (this is the Leia/R2 version).  My Boba from BBTS was processed today but I don't have a shipping notice yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Mine should arrive 11/16 from BBTS.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I have both the Leia/R2 and Fett on order with toynk.com, but so far no word on shipping. If I end up getting my order cancelled, I will probably abandon the line.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2006, 12:25 PM »
I have both the Leia/R2 and Fett on order with toynk.com, but so far no word on shipping. If I end up getting my order cancelled, I will probably abandon the line.

I can help you with the Leia/R2.  I have a spare sitting at chuckles place right now that you're welcome to.  They arrived yesterday.  Fett has been shipped from BBTS as well, so he should be about shortly.  Credit card ouchy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:27 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2006, 02:58 PM »

One other thing: I received an email from Northsidecollectibles.com that their shipment of Leia/R2 maquettes was delayed due to issues at Gentle Giant.  Perhaps the same thing happened with toynk.com. 

I have to say, I've had nothing but good luck with talesofwonder.com.  Always shipped fast, well packed and never a cancelled order. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2006, 11:03 PM »
Strange.  I put my order in through my comic shop (Diamond distribution), and I got my Leia with R2 this past Wednesday.

But then Diamond may have dropped the ball on the Boba Fett.  I heard that they were sold out on the pre-orders for the Boba Fett maquette.

As for the rest of this line?  I'm giving up on it after my current pre-orders are fulfilled.  I'm ordered up through the Stormtrooper and after that there's got to be a damn good offering from this line for me to buy anything beyond that.  Hell, I don't really like the Luke all that much and I may just sell that one off.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:06 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2006, 11:28 PM »
I agree entirely Nick; I didn't even order the Luke at all and the Stormtrooper isn't nearly as well executed as I think it could be.  I think there's potential in the line still though:

OT Ben with hood up
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Jabba w/Salacious crumb
Emperor
Jedi Luke (or Death Star version from 1st movie with blaster)
Tusken Raider

Essentially the usual cast of characters.  I've really liked when they have combined two figures (Leia/R2; 3PO/Jawa) so I think it would be neat if they'd combine Han and Chewie.  I imagine that one would have to be a bit pricier, but I'd consider that acceptable personally.  I wouldn't buy all that I listed above but I would pick up a couple for sure depending on how they looked.  The fanboy in me would love to see Jabba with a Slave Leia. :P

What I do hope is they spread out the releases more.  This fast and furious release schedule feels a bit Hasbro-esque, like they're trying to tap the license as much as they can, as soon as they can. 

I'm not overly surprised that Boba might be oversold.  I dragged my feet on it and ordered quite late.  I was pleased to find one at BBTS at all and a little surprised when I got the email asking me to pay for it.  Even more surprised (and pleased) when I got the shipping notice with tracking number.  My guess is certain retailers might have oversold more than anything else, as per your suggestion.  I've ordered every piece except Fett from TalesofWonder.com and when I went back to order the Fett from them they no longer had it listed and that was maybe three weeks after initially putting it up for pre-order. 

As mentioned above my Leia/R2 has already arrived and my local comic shop is suggesting he's getting his Fetts this week too (Diamond).  We'll see if that happens.  He's a good guy, but he got screwed by Diamond on the ROTS Vader bust of all things, so something even more rare makes me nervous to order from him. 

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2006, 08:42 AM »
THis truly is odd.

I had my orders in with my local store and just picked up my Boba last week.

They have no word on Leia/R2

This is very perplexing

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Whoa!  8)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:32 PM by Jeff »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2006, 07:33 PM »
BBTS has it up for pre-order, I placed an order for it.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Picked up the Boba Fett Maquette from BobaFett77. Im now hooked on these thing. I can't wait for the Vader.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Picked up the Boba Fett Maquette from BobaFett77. Im now hooked on these thing. I can't wait for the Vader.

Don't forget Leia !  ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2006, 09:50 AM »

Don't forget Leia !  ;)

Of course. I figured since everyone was going crazy over her Id say something different.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2006, 07:25 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2006, 07:36 PM »

Well I guess it's no huge surprise and I suspect 3PO/Jawa and Luke will follow.  I will say the Vader and the inevitable Stormtrooper are quite a stretch to make any sort of significant difference.  The only real value is in having a more limited piece.