Author Topic: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures  (Read 40656 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Club announced another subscription figure today, Dice.

We now have Quarrel, Nano BAT, Topside and Dice.  I'm guessing Slice will probably be one of the figs also.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I have read this list was the rumored list from member Monster monkey on another site: 
There was a list of rumored sub figures circulating around, Topside was on it, along with Jinx, TNT(foreign Blowtorch repaint), Dice, Iron Klaw (there was a proto of him made up a few years ago), Barrel Roll, Sure Fire, Tan Grunt, Cover Girl,
Big Boa, and the already revealed Quarrel and Nano-BAT. Can't remember if they shot down this list or not.

I hope we keep seeing more of these figures in some pics so I can decide if I am in or not - Dice does look pretty decent

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:43 PM »
I saw that list before Topside and Dice were revealed, so I'm guessing it's legit and I'm in. Mostly for Jinx and Cover Girl.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Tan Grunt with a glider revealed today.  So far I think that leaked list is 5 for 5. 

I'm also going to update on what Paul wrote the other day about the sub.  The last word from the Club is that the sub will be 6 months long and there will be 2 figures per month for a total of 12.  If you subscribe and buy all 12, you get a 13th figure for free.

The 12 basic figures will be announced prior to the sub starting but the 13th will not be. 

Last I knew there was no firm price from the Club, only speculation.  Also, you will be able to buy single figures without being subscribed, but they'll be very limited per last word from the Club.

Oh, and you have to be a Club member to order the sub and, I believe, the single figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Pic of the Tan grunt please?  I think maybe myf avorite, and most short-lived vehicle, were the two original gliders.  I had the cobra, and my bro had the Joe, and we had a big field to play with them in...

Mine lasted, oh, bout a week.  My bro's made it maybe a month because he was more careful.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17 AM »
It's on the front page of the Joe club's website, but the direct link to the photo is:

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2011/gruntFweb.jpg

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 01:26 AM »
Thanks Eric.

Not as cool as I was hoping, but neat.  Kind of lame weapons though.  Blech.  Definitely needing some Marauder hardware.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Iron Klaw

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Wow.  That dude looks evil.  Legs look familiar.  So glad I never read comic books or I'd probably want this guy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31 PM »
GI Joe Extreme getting some love? Awesome. Loved the toon, but hated the toyline. Guess I'm in for the sub.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Wow.  That dude looks evil.  Legs look familiar.  So glad I never read comic books or I'd probably want this guy.

pretty sure the legs are from that Destro that came in a comic pack with the IG soldier.

so anyway, after I posted this last night I was actually getting in to the fact about ordering all of these - then I went to the website and read this...

The Figure Subscription Service (FSS) is only available to Officer Level (paid) members. Trooper Level members will need to upgrade to be eligible. The FSS is an optional feature and is not included in the cost of your annual GIJCC membership. Keep watching this website for more of our exclusive figure updates!

So I have to pay for a membership, $42, just to even have the opportunity of getting these!?!?!?!  I'm not feeling it so much anymore...  I guess, if I understand correctly, I would also get Footloose by doing this...   hmmm, gonna have to wait for more details.  It really comes down to cost per figure for me here.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37 PM »
I buy Joe stuff, but for my son.  He's only 4-1/2 years old, so I'm not paying premiums for stuff like this. 

However, I wish they did something like this for Star Wars... would be nice to get some more obscure characters out there this way that might otherwise never be made.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 01:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:38 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 07:17 AM »
****. I had talked myself out of the club...'till now. She looks awesome.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 09:24 AM »
I'm still debating. If I do subscribe, I have to buy the membership first.  I want Footloose, so that works.  I still need a Grunt figure and although I would much rather prefer a green one, the tan one works.  Topside is ok, I guess.  He came out when I started to get out of Joes when I was younger, so I have no real attachment to him.  At least he looks like his RAH figure and that's one of the big keys on which figures I decide to buy.

With Jinx, I want her red hooded look from RAH and what she wore in the movie while hooking up with Don Johnson.  Other than her, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, I really have no love for the ninjas, so Slice isn't grabbing me.  Iron Klaw, while cool looking, is from a bad time in Joe lore with the whole Extreme! ****.  I get the nostaliga with the foreign figures, so Quarrel is worth it to have, even though she is really plain looking.  I have no desire for neon green BAT, but at least it's an army builder that I can hide behind the other BATs I have.

I think the two figures that will sway me into buying are Cover Girl and Big Boa.  Depending on what they look like (especially Cover Girl) will decide if I'm all in or not.
Common sense isn't so common