Author Topic: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures  (Read 40757 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures
« Reply #45 on: February 1, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Video for Footloose.  I'm still not a fan of $40 figures, but there he be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqfLIu3RQ0&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: February 1, 2012, 10:24 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 12:39 AM »
I really wish the Club would get their asses in gear with this. If they launch anywhere near when the movie toys come out, they're screwed.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 04:02 PM »
I am having problem joining the officer level so I can get Footloose... anybody else having a page that says that they are updating their security page. ?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 04:44 PM »
You can't join online right now.  The only way to sign up is to mail a check or money order to the Club.  If you've never been a member before, get on the phone now and speak to them and see if you can arrange something.  You have to have payment in to them by the 16th so you need to have it in the mail ASAP (tomorrow).

If you're currently a member, you should have gotten an reminder envelope in the mail that you can use to send payment.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Ya man - you better get MOVING if you want that figure.  I sent in a money order last Monday for the TFCC and have piece of mind because I called to make sure they got it so I'm good to go.  Woman on the phone said there's litterally mountains of money orders there. 

Hate to say this, but shame on you for actually trying to renew online!!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 01:45 PM »
In fairness to Matt, if he hasn't been keeping up he may not know about the compromised store and that the Club had to take it offline while they investigate the breach of information.  Especially if he wasn't a Club member prior to this.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Sorry - didn't mean to be an ass.  Good point E

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2012, 12:49 AM »
In fairness to Matt, if he hasn't been keeping up he may not know about the compromised store and that the Club had to take it offline while they investigate the breach of information.  Especially if he wasn't a Club member prior to this.

E...
I wasn't a member at all.  I missed out on Dial-Tone, that is the only reason why I wanted the membership.  I missed the deadline anyway so I missed out on Footloose has well, maybe I can get the other subscription figs (Cover Girl, Big Boa set) for him down the road...maybe

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Email from the club...

We have been working diligently to get a replacement store online for you.  This is still in progress.  However, we are ANTICIPATING that a temporary solution will be available later today.  This is a totallly new website, with totally new software, at a totallly new provider.  This commercial software has hundreds of stores and is fully PCI and PCI DSS complient.  Their facility has been described to me as a military grade security facility.

Do not go to the old store site.  I will provide you with the new url for this system in a later email and we will change the links at that time.

In addition, we have figured out a way to extend this month's deadline for a few days (because of the new software).  We are extending the deadliine date to Wednesday, March 21st, at 5pm central time in order for all of the mail that is enroute to arrive.

However, this will effect EVERYONE'S monthly magazine.  The April issues will be approximately 7-10 days late. 

Also, we will not be able to reinburse anyone who spent money on expediting renewals to us. 

We again apologize to everyone for all of the issues we have been having.  We think that you will be very pleased with the new features this store will offer you. 

Brian

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 06:02 PM »
And as good as that is, I'm sure the 'Stank forums are blowing up about how crappy this is and they were lied to and it's another black mark against the Club, SUEQUITPICKETBOYCOTTRAGE!!!!111

Or something along those lines.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2012, 04:02 AM »
Got an email from the Club tonight...

SURPRISE! This week we started mailing the FREE membership figures for 2012!  We were able to get these manufactured much earlier this year, so off they go to you!  It will take several weeks for them to reach all of the membership, so please be patient.  If you don't receive your figure by the end of May, please let us know.

Then there was more stuff about the fraud issue, renewals, blah blah blah. No word on the FSS and no further info on Joecon. But I'm still geeked about the figures going out already.  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 09:04 AM »
I got the same email last night - just from the other side of the club.   8)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51 AM »
I ordered Footloose but I can't wait for them to get their store back online because I really want to order the Man of Evil and his accessory set.  With this whole CC fiasco it got me a little pissed off that I might end up not being able to pick one up for some reason. 

I'm not too worried about the FSS.  I still think it'll run, maybe later than originally planned, or that the figures will come out in some other way if they do scrap the FSS.  Joe Con, no worries on that.  The email said they'll have con registration up soon.  And they'll have to, we're less than 3 months from the actual event and there's no way they don't go through with that.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Received my Footloose today. Great figure, but mine has the tiniest paint chip on the nose. But still, glad to have another classic character at last.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 01:02 AM »
I just figured out mine is also missing some accessories. Tried emailing the club, but nothing yet. Might have to buy another one to get a complete one. *sigh*